Guess I'll start it "Minneapolis Bridge Collapse"

Started by GrizzlyGator, August 02, 2007, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyGator

Man can you imagine the terrifying feeling of a bridge just falling out from under you while riding on it. I know we all whether we think about it or not put a lot of faith in all of our man made luxuries. I'm sorry for the loss of life but if there was some good news they said that the traffic was standing still and everyone wasn't going 55mph at the time...could have been much worse. I also saw where a school bus full of kids just MISSED going over too, MAN!!


Da_Mtg_Man

That is a shame. I can't believe that more people aren't dead. Last I heard it was 9 confirmed. I mean, If the traffic was sitting still then there had to have been 50 cars or better on that bridge. God bless the families of everyone involved.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

bmd11

Very sad indeed, prayers for the families involved. I think I heard that the bridge was under construction. I wounder who will be found accountable for this? Some engineer's oversite probably  :dunno.gif
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

KB

When I seen it on the news last night it reminded me of when that tanker hit the Skyway & collapsed,
I don't know what caused this bridge to collapse, terrible for the people & there family's.

1FasterBlaster

  I'm glad I wasn't on the road when that happenned. Just makes you think, wow. Freak accident!! I couldn't imagine all the parents thoughts being on there with their families.

susieblazer

really awful , but not as tragic as the skyway when all the families were traveling for Mothers Day and the recovery divers all came up in tears from the looks of fear and shear terror on the faces of those killed..........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

gearhead400

My prayers go out to all of the families. This shouldnt of happened, Bridges are inspected for reasons like this.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

JackL

Quote from: susieblazer on August 02, 2007, 08:44:24 PM
really awful , but not as tragic as the skyway when all the families were traveling for Mothers Day and the recovery divers all came up in tears from the looks of fear and shear terror on the faces of those killed..........


Not as tragic? I'm sure the families of the victims will take comfort in this. My prayers and condolences go out to all affected by this terrible event.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

susieblazer

Quote from: JackL on August 02, 2007, 11:22:40 PM
Quote from: susieblazer on August 02, 2007, 08:44:24 PM
really awful , but not as tragic as the skyway when all the families were traveling for Mothers Day and the recovery divers all came up in tears from the looks of fear and shear terror on the faces of those killed..........


Not as tragic? I'm sure the families of the victims will take comfort in this. My prayers and condolences go out to all affected by this terrible event.


you took that the wrong way dude...............meant still loss of lives but no way as many as May of 80 .......awful none the less.........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

outtolunch

I use to travel that bridge everyday, my family still does.  Everybody from my family is alright, thank god.  I'm listening to 92KQRS morning show, prevoius taped yesterday.  They are talking to the big bald guy they kept showing on fox.  He was driving a semi, that went down with the bridge.  Sad day, for sure.

He just got done saying, the reporters were all over him asking what happened, he told them "look around you azzhole's the bridge just collapsed."
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)