Too much information!

Started by v125, July 30, 2007, 07:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v125

As you can see I don't post much at all but I have come to the point where I must put my 2 cents in and don't care who likes it or not.  THESE WEBSITES, whether they be ATVing, fishing, etc are ruining the sports.  They have become a billboard for where to ride and where to fish.  These forums are the reason why so many restrictions have been implemented.  People announcing all over the hot spots to ride.  So what is happening?  Everybody is there.  When I first joined this site, nobody posted their spots.  They had people PM them.  Now, it's all out in the open. One of my favorite spots never even showed up on this site and now it is all over (by the way it is legal).  I also go into one of the popular fishing websites and the same thing is happening there.  Lots of people with big mouths ruining for the rest of us.  Pretty soon, there will be no place to ride.  It's not like the only people using this site are the good ones.  It's not too hard to figure out that these sites are full of information and that is not always a good thing. 

Moose

How true, big brother watches all the sites very closely.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

06 BaNsHeE

I agree with you on giving all the spots away..

deano 177

What is to stop some one who is "the man" from getting on here and pming you. It will come out sooner or later. I agree that I would not want a favorite place of mine to get shut down but to hog it all to myself? To each his own. If you don't want it out there, then don't put it out there. You can't stop someone else if they do, though.
arcticcat 500 Automatic
27" mud lites
42 pilot jet, 150 high jet
2" snorkles
warn winch with synthetic line
radiator relocated
garmin GPS on the handle bars
Z71 extended cab
15'X5' utility trailer
Trying to find a place to ride near jacksonville(arn't we all?)

JackL

Hate to break it to you, but the public calling the police and FWC do more to wreck a spot than any website. The loss of riding spots has been going on for the thirty years I have been doing it. I could sit here for an hour describing places we use to ride, including the gravel road now known as Indian Trace I live on.  ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com