Osceola National forest ???

Started by mark38090, July 06, 2007, 12:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark38090

Does anyone know if they require the same "sticker" as ONF that I read about ? I have all old atv's and no titles, don't remember who I bought them from so bill of sale out of the question.
1985 Yamaha YTM200ERN (2)
1985 Honda ATC250SX
1984 Honda TRX200
1990 Suzuki LT230E

HondaATC

Last time I rode there, no. That was a long time ago though, probably 5 years. Find one of the jeep trails and you can ride it for a loooong ways. Probably pretty nice over there now cause of the dry season but normally everythings got a ft of water on it.
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

KB

Do they have a new designated trail program like Ocala ? or is it like Ocala use to be & you could ride anywher except numbered trails/roads ?

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: mark38090 on July 06, 2007, 12:14:58 PM
Does anyone know if they require the same "sticker" as ONF that I read about ? I have all old atv's and no titles, don't remember who I bought them from so bill of sale out of the question.

There has never been as much pressure for the sticker issue at Oseceola as there is at Ocala. Not that it may change but we plan on riding there also. where are you located? if you want to hook up shout at me

Paul_S

FYI, I got a warning from a Ranger at Osceola. He told me they were cracking down on it and were going to start to write tickets.  :o

deano 177

#5
In this brochure for the forest it says that:
     "Vehicles are permitted only on numbered roads. These roads are clearly marked with road signs, designating them for vehicular use. Motoized vehicles are not allowed on unmarked roads. If you don't see a road sign, stay off the road.
     If you're riding an unlicensed vehicle like an atv, OHV or trail bike in this area; you must stay on roads designated for unlicensed vehicles. Bla bla bla..."

It does not say that the OHV has to be titled any where in the brochure. However, I do believe that it needs to be titled to ride in the national forests. Most of the guys are cool but if you are out there doing stupid stuff, they are going to cite you.

P.s. here is a map of the forest:



arcticcat 500 Automatic
27" mud lites
42 pilot jet, 150 high jet
2" snorkles
warn winch with synthetic line
radiator relocated
garmin GPS on the handle bars
Z71 extended cab
15'X5' utility trailer
Trying to find a place to ride near jacksonville(arn't we all?)

KB

I heard that forest is changing like Ocala Forest is changng, desgnated trails that you have to stay on like Delancey,  use to hear people talking about Ocean Pond but I think anything north of I-10 is off limits  but maybe I'm wrong.

susieblazer

heard same sticker as croom....................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Paul_S

Quote from: susieblazer on July 07, 2007, 12:57:50 AM
heard same sticker as croom....................


No the area at Tates Hell takes the same sticker as Croom.

Osceola just requires the registration sticker you get when you title your bike.

Go to the second link down;

http://floridaatvassociation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=35

maricat

no sticker is reqiuired to ride in osceola.
The trail are really nice and you ca

Paul_S

Quote from: maricat on July 07, 2007, 01:03:48 PM
no sticker is reqiuired to ride in osceola.
The trail are really nice and you ca

You need the yellow registration sticker attached to your rear fender to ride in any federal forest in Florida, that includes Osceola. If you don't have one attached, they can and do fine you.

susieblazer

 :ThumbsUp.gif  Great we are all set then as we have both......................... :drive.gif
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Southern Outlaw

Here is what I know is "FACT"....no sticker as of yet like Croom....you are required by federal law in national forest to have your vehicle registered with an up to date sticker....ride "ONLY" and they mean "only" on designated trails....everything North of I-10 is shut down and "NO" motorized travel at all....this all coming from 2 rangers that a had a lengthy conversation with 2 weeks ago..6/23...as told to me was "DO NOT GO INTO THE PONDS".....as they where already looking for a group that had 10 or 12 utes early that day bogging and tearing up the bank....both said they are ready to close that road to the pond to "ALL TRAFFIC" just because of I quote "idiots can't stay out"....the road is 15B on the trail system...they have already closed parts of 3 trails to protect these ponds!!!!!!!!!!!.....please people stay the hell out and don't FORCE them to close more.....

The reason everything north of I-10 is closed is because they have to remark all the roads and lack the man power to do so and the rangers said they need volunteers to help and gave me a contact name in which I have contacted...Ms. Keller said they are remapping and have ordered new signs and would be ready in about a month...As a member of the River City Dirt Riders...we as a club are volunteering our service's and will help with the remarking...

So guy's and gal's....if you like riding the forest as much as I do...please obey the rules........as far as the stickers go, as quoted to...."as long as you are not in the ponds, doing donuts on the numbered roads and just plain being stupid, we want you to come and enjoy the forest and be safe to yourself and fellow riders"....

there where people riding double....older machines with no sticker...no helmets...all was not a problem......also it is a $525.00 fine if you are caught in a pond...no questions asked!!!!!!!!

I ride Osceola every other weekend...hope to see all of ya there...
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com