Rodman V 4/23/05

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, January 20, 2005, 05:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pairogrizz

Thought I would let you know there is a big bike event (like Daytona) that weekend in Leesburg.

Pick another weekend, please, so we can ride.  We'll be riding our Harley's in Leesburg then.

fixfam

Look. The bottom line is that we can't possibly accomodate everybody at all times. I have to admit, that there was nothing neater than seeing a couple hundred bikes all at one time but I didn't even get the chance to meet 1/4 of all the people that showed. I say we still get a large group every 3 months but still get several smaller group rides in between. Its quite obvious that there are alot of people now on this site and if anyone posts a group ride, there are bound to be a minimum of 30 -40 who will want to go. This has got to be one of the greatest experiences me and my family have had and I have met yet to meet anyone I don't like. The smaller rides allows us to really get to know people better. Keep them going.

atvtrailer

#52
well i wouldnt be able to go the next weekend april 30th, atleast i dont think my mom would let me go because thats my bday  :(
05 450r #13B

SkyHighT100

#53
April 23rd is great. Everyone who cant go.. sorry for your luck, but we'll catch you on the next one... or one of the smaller rides. The Admins are trying to keep these rides routine and predictable... every 3 months... 22-23 of the month.... that way, everyone knows when they will be even if they arent announced. With 2,000 people on this site... not everyone is going to be happy... It was the same thing with the Tshirt Designs... GirlieBlazer and I can tell you how stressful that was, especially when I was trying to  design the shirts. Someone wanted them to look one way.. others wanted to add something, take something out.. change the color... UGH... enough.. this isnt grade school, lol. SORRY FOR VENTING.It's just that we cant please everyone at the same time... so we deal with what we've got and stick with a plan.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

VForce700

Ok I am most definitly in on this one. I was for the last on, but i had a last minute change of plans. this one I should be able to make it. I don't know of anything that would have to do for April...other than work all week and get D-runk on weekends

fixfam

Like I said, I'm in for the larger group rides. If anyone is up for one in between, post it. April seems such a lomg way off.

eric

#56
I think April 23rd is fine....heck I am ready to go again this weekend so I can meet more peoples...lol  Seems like the 22 or 23rd every 3 months is good but the 23rd won't always fall on a Fri/Sat? How's everyone feel about every 3rd Saturday every 3 months...real easy to remember ::)

SkyHighT100

#57
Yeah, I know it wont be the 22-23 all the time, lol.. but it has been for the last 3 group rides ;) 3rd weekend... every 3 months.. sounds great! :) Not to mention all the little rides we do all the time
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Hollywood

I'm in for this one as well as any others in between.  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Sky, you go girl let it out! On the shirts you did a great job and I know every one feels the same.Eveyone becarefull Sky will get her dog after  ya.  ;D  
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

SkyHighT100

Yeah... watch out for the dog.. seriously, you guys dont want me to unleash him. Not only is he one heck of a licker.. but man, that dog can rip some farts ;) You dont want none :)

Thanks for the complements though... the shirts definately turned out a lot better then I expected. One you get to see the real thing it's like "Wow... those look GOOD." I need to get about 6 more.. one for every day of the week. I've worn the thing so many times already... What can I say.. I want to get the AtvFlorida word out
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

J.D.

I think before we determine the dates for the group rides we should check the local events such as FTR , Mud Sweat  & Gears   Ect ....If we plan our event not to compete with other planned events we will add numbers to our group rides and it will add strength to our efforts and to the ATV brotherhood of Florida .  Plus we can go to some of the other events .Cooperation and communication is the key to our success as a whole . Just my 2 cents .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

CAOSPOP

April 23 is good for me. im in 4x.

budman

#63
Third weekend each month is MS&G. I like to go to both, and I know some folks have to choose. I know you can't accomodate everyone, but lets not compete with another ATV event so that we can go to both. Also it boosts the riders at both events. If you haven't been to MS7G, and you like the mud...well check it out. Fortunately April 23 is the 4th weekend of the month.

www.l-cross.com
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

SkyHighT100

One thing for everyone to remember... this is NOT an every month occurance, such as MS&G, so no matter what, we are NOT competing with anyone else.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

J.D.

I'm not bustin chops or anything , I understand it is not monthly . But consider this , We had 300 say they were going , I know that you never get 100% turnout but I didn't realize we competed that weekend with Mud Sweat n gears and I think there was also a FTR race down here somewhere .I just think we would get a better turnout if there were no competing events that are targeted towards people of our nature . Not complaining , just an idea . And yes that dog looks like it could rip off a good one [smiley=Dead.gif]
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

eric

#66
I agree with Budman & JD only because Rodman wouldn't be as fun if half the crew didn't show. I have never been to Mud Sweat & Gears but it seems to be a big deal to a lot of people who like mudding.  Well we could do it the last Saturday of every 3 months since it seems like a lot of people from the site go to Mud Sweat & Gears. Question is do we really need to schedule it out the rest of the year? Maybe we should just plan each one as we go one at a time like we did this one and keep it going with SkyHigh's original date for the 23rd. Besides hunting season is going to mess up our schedule again later this year and we might want to get a ride in each month for the last couple before the hunters are out :o

jjamesbar

i'll be there in april for the rodman ride. i'm also planning to ride in march not sure on the weekend yet, but i would like to do a longer trail ride. like sky said you cant please everyone whats good for one isnt good for another. pick a direction and go.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

sk8r_dude

Jeff, I'm with you on the long trail ride. I missed the 161 mile ride and would like a rematch. Let me know.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

girlieblazer

We are up for April 23rd, it doesn't matter to us which weekend it is.  Sky said it just right we can't please everyone on this site, we learned that with the shirts.  And with April being so far away you should have plenty of time to plan this out.  Thats giving you 3 months to plan, save money if you have to, or whatever else you might need to do.

As long as we don't switch it to the last weekend in March, as we will be in Georgia. (finally going to Durhamtown)
Polaris Razor

customrubicon

I know that you can't please everyone but many people from here that make the long drive to Rodman also like to go to MSG. It would be good to plan the rides around MSG. I am not talking about personal schedules, just other events that many from this site attend. I am in for Rodman Rides. I had a great time meeting so many people.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

eric

OK well if MS&G is the 3rd weekend then I beleive that means it is set for April 15th to the 17th so Rodman could still be on for the 23rd. This way the majority would still be happy since everyone can still show up and it's still set for April ;D

customrubicon

Yes, that works out very well. I hope that I can ride at Rodman this time. If my wife gets sick again, I know that I was not meant to ride there. Haha ! ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Honda328i

I'm putting April 23 on the calendar for V.  Had to miss the last one, so that gives me plenty of time to plan in advance.  --H
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

girlieblazer

#74
Maybe the subject name should  be changed to reflect the date, that way everyone will know when it is.  

Just a thought.
Polaris Razor

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com