Osceola Saturday Ride?

Started by dodgenfl, April 05, 2005, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgenfl

I've been riding in Osceola NF all my life and my family has land that joins up to the forest. I was wonder if ya'll would be interested in a Saturday ride? There is room to park and unload but the family does not want the land mess up. This means ALL riding leaving the parking area and returning would have to be slow. This is a muddy and wet ride. Any help planning this would be welcome.

yunt2ride

I would be game for it but I cannot do this weekend. My brother lives in Lake City and we have rode out their before. Also check with Big-Pimpin and Chuck Norris. They live in Jacksonville and probably would ride.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Hollywood

I am always up for riding but mud isn't my game. I still want to get out there and check it out but gotta find some dry ground and I don't imagine there is to much of that out there right now.  :)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

jjamesbar

i'd like to check it out 1 saturday. how many miles of trails are you talking about?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

yunt2ride

QuoteI am always up for riding but mud isn't my game. I still want to get out there and check it out but gotta find some dry ground and I don't imagine there is to much of that out there right now.  :)

Pimpin, You sure do not and I repeat, DO NOT want to ride out there when its dry. We rode it last year while it was a little wet and it was great. Then we went back when it was dry, It was black dirt everywhere. In 30 minutes, it looked as if we had been riding for 2 weeks without baths. HEHE
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

dodgenfl

I wasn't thinking of this saturday just a Saturday. I like to set a date (in May) and go from there. We ride for about 4 hours them go back and eat lunch then head back riding again. It's wet but most of the deep holes have go arounds them, If your scared. Just kidding some of them you have to go around.

yunt2ride

Make a date. As long as its a Sunday, I'm good for a ride. Depending on which Saturday you choose, I may be. I'm off work every other Saturday usually. My brother lives in Lake City and is ready to ride also. Have more people also.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

dodgenfl

Of the last two Saturdays in May, which one would be better?

Kawa3

I have a hunting 1800acre hunting camp connected....dont know about riding there....not trails through out it would have to hit the road a few times. Im up for a ride there would love to know trails and where i can ride or not. Last weekend of may is when i get out of school....
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Kawa3

ohh yea  mostly about 10-15ft wide roads through hunting camp not many trails...
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Kawa3

forgot again ;D there are tons of wash outs now from the rains
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

yunt2ride

Just pick one and we will try our best to do it. I think I can get off either of them.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Kawa3

If not to many people i could probally talk my dad into letting us camp at our camp...


Going up this weekend will see how wet it is
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

dodgenfl

The last of May Saturday (28th). The first ever Osceola Swampfest. I post directions when it gets closer.

yunt2ride

QuoteThe last of May Saturday (28th). The first ever Osceola Swampfest. I post directions when it gets closer.

Sounds good.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Kawa3

ill talk to my dad about the camping  its on the ne side of osceola, and im up for learning where to ride there.... I think ill be riding the new KQ then to [smiley=Smile.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=trophy1.gif]
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

dodgenfl

Bad news guys I have to cancel the ride.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com