What is deemed a reasonable amount of time - comments/suggestions?

Started by cheropride, June 23, 2007, 09:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: yunt2ride on June 23, 2007, 02:31:09 PM
If you think they don't know what they are doing then call another local dealer and tell them your problem and see if they can help you.

As good as that sounds I can tell you from experience that another dealer will not get into this. From the automotive side of things if I have problems with a repair there is a window of repair that another dealership will be locked in too, mosty because the repair will only be paid under warranty 1 time withing that time frame. Amother Dealer may not what to except that fiscally

cheropride

Thanks Chuck for the headsup on that.  Hopefully, they will get this right, and I won't even have to worry about that option.... Before I did anything though, I would first contact the other dealer and see what they had to say about it.  Again, let's just hope this gets resolved once and for all.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Keeter


"I speak from experience when I say that no shop wants to have their reputation put in question in a public forum that is dedicated to a potential customer base."

I absolutely agree. I have emailed links from this forum to Polaris and BMS to get them going. I have also snet links to GBC about their undersized tires. A



[/quote]
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

cheropride

Okay already did this :'( cause it's official, no weekend trip for me. 

Apparently they are trying, cause I called Kawi directly @the service dept @the dealer has been calling, and they are following what Kawasaki is telling them to do.  Now the have to order a converter cover, to which like I told the dealer & kawasaki, I don't see whereas that has anything to do with the remaining issue.  The winding noise it makes only at low speeds, and does not do in reverse.  I am telling you, this has to do with the engine break system, but apparently, I can't get anyone to listen to me.

Get this, Kawi told me just to take the bike back and ride it till it breaks.  Yea, right, so then the warranty company can tell me I didn't use due care and they ain't going to cover it.  According to Kawi, they have replaced a bunch of parts. 

What can I do?  There has to come a time, when it is apparent that they can't fix the problem, is the problem even fixable.  Chuck if you are reading this, you really seem to know the industry, and would truly appreciate if you can tell what to do next.  I guess I am back to the orginal question, how long is too long, and when it is too long, what are your options, especially if Kawi is directly involved..

I am just so bummed.

1st month of summer, no bike, no riding, no camping...  Will be atleast another 2 weeks till we can go again, and that's if my husband dont get called out of town.  Heck, at this point, I dont think it even matters, the damn thing will probably be in the shop for the whole summer.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

cheropride

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

cheropride

Chuck picked up my bike and it's heading home.  The dealer said to him, take the bike out this weekend ride it, and if anything breaks it will be covered.  The dealer told him that is not fair that we have had to wait this long for the bike, and it's not our fault that they including kawasaki doesn't know what's wrong with it.  The disconnected the speed sensor, so that the engine break wont engage, and it's not making the noise.  Hmmmm, didn't I say all along it was the engine break.  When we come back, we take it back to the shop, and they will continue to try and figure out what is wrong with it.

Then why don't I feel excited?  Don't know.  I guess I am just worn out with the whole thing.  Perhaps I will feel it when I get on and ride it.

Will keep you posted... 

I know earlier I was ragging on this dealer, well apparently I have directing my disguss at the wrong source.  Cause they have been doing what Kawi has been saying, so atleast they have tried.....

Should be an interesting weekend, ya think....

Ah hell, this means I have to start packing..... ;)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

qt314nfla

I'm so happy for you that you'll get too ride again this weekend.  I know that pent up frustration isn't good.  Have a great weekend!!!!  You need it!

UncleRico

Congratulations!

I was about to offer the services of my associate to go down their and "kick some ask" for you!


Have fun this weekend.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cheropride

Thanks guys, went out and actually hugged her...... 

Road it, chuck reconnected the speed sensor cause w/o it will not go into 4wd.  The main thing is just not to ride at too low of a speed.  Also just got my camera (ebay special-  ;)) - Heck better spending a little money on a refurbished for the woods, then do what I did to my last camera.  Well anyway, hopefully I will come back w/some good pics, and change my avatar back to my 4 wheeler.... ;)

Thanks again, and thank you QT for your pep talk.....  And like I said, we surely need to hook up one weekend.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

crom A zone

good yours is working right i got mine back rode it one tim e and it is going back into the shop still leaking oil
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com