holyland for sport quads

Started by hondarider450r, June 22, 2007, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crom A zone

nope its b/c people that thik the are the best
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

Quote from: 4x4Matt on July 30, 2007, 05:51:26 PM
nope its b/c people that thik the are the best

WTF were you attempting to convey?  ??? ???

Justbilly

#27
This conversataion is starting to hurt my head.

06 BaNsHeE


anarion55

Some of the posts in this thread (not naming names - it's obvious) are the direct result of learning to communicate via test messaging. *sigh*. I weep for this generation.

The thread seems to have drifted, so I'll try to winch it back... lol.

Like any other activity, the misdeeds of a minority few have dire consequences for the rest of us. It's always been so, in my experience, and probably will continue to be the case. The only way to deal with it fairly is to address the INDIVIDUALS who are a problem, and not everyone who "looks like them". I get that a lot on my street bike; it's a sport bike (aka crotch rocket), so immediately people think I'm one of those morons doing 100mph wheelies on the interstate. I'm not, but I get treated that way.

I've never been to Holeylands (even though it's on our way to the property we own west of Clewiston, and we pass it on US27 almost every weekend). From what I've heard, it's not the most perfect riding for sport quads or dirt bikes - levee riding can get pretty boring at 15 or 20 mph.

The answer is to try to get areas more suited to ATV's (both sport and 4x4/utility) & other ORV's (side by sides AND bikes) allocated for that kind of usage. In addition, we have to fight hard to keep open the (pathetically few) places we have now.

Just riding the way you like is not acceptable any more (if it ever was); whenever you're riding, you're an ambassador for our sport. Doing stupid things gets us a bad rep, and gets lands posted.

Oh, and by the way, I'm one of those guys who wears all my gear; I've been riding dirtbikes, ATC's, 4WD trucks and now Quads since I was 14.. I'm almost 52 now. I'm willing to bet I was riding before a lot of hotshots here were born. Just sayin', in case y'all think I'm some newbie poseur.

Tony
Shut up and hang on.

Tony

Kawasaki KFX400, ZX-9r

Anoriginal

Quote from: anarion55 on July 31, 2007, 12:51:29 PM
Some of the posts in this thread (not naming names - it's obvious) are the direct result of learning to communicate via test messaging. *sigh*. I weep for this generation.

The thread seems to have drifted, so I'll try to winch it back... lol.

Like any other activity, the misdeeds of a minority few have dire consequences for the rest of us. It's always been so, in my experience, and probably will continue to be the case. The only way to deal with it fairly is to address the INDIVIDUALS who are a problem, and not everyone who "looks like them". I get that a lot on my street bike; it's a sport bike (aka crotch rocket), so immediately people think I'm one of those morons doing 100mph wheelies on the interstate. I'm not, but I get treated that way.

I've never been to Holeylands (even though it's on our way to the property we own west of Clewiston, and we pass it on US27 almost every weekend). From what I've heard, it's not the most perfect riding for sport quads or dirt bikes - levee riding can get pretty boring at 15 or 20 mph.

The answer is to try to get areas more suited to ATV's (both sport and 4x4/utility) & other ORV's (side by sides AND bikes) allocated for that kind of usage. In addition, we have to fight hard to keep open the (pathetically few) places we have now.

Just riding the way you like is not acceptable any more (if it ever was); whenever you're riding, you're an ambassador for our sport. Doing stupid things gets us a bad rep, and gets lands posted.

Oh, and by the way, I'm one of those guys who wears all my gear; I've been riding dirtbikes, ATC's, 4WD trucks and now Quads since I was 14.. I'm almost 52 now. I'm willing to bet I was riding before a lot of hotshots here were born. Just sayin', in case y'all think I'm some newbie poseur.

Tony

Great post and well said. I agree with you 100%.

KB

Ya, that was a good reply, & I hope when I'm 52 I'm still gettin at it like you are.

jrpro130

Nice post.  I couldn't say I agree more!

We are on the receiving end of a lot of profiling.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

crom A zone

yea are right just b/c i cant type how u wannt me to means i am retarted u never meet me u dont no anything bout me and if u wanna judge me for that good for u. i am one of those guys that never wear any gear mybe goggles from time to time but i got a cooler of beer and jack or jim. i am proud of it and when i am 52 i will be doing the same thing teaching my kids and grand kids to do the same thing. i got to keep my family tradition alivebe who u are and do what you want. u feel u wanna break some rules go head and do it just doont be stupied bout it  then u get some old guys talking crap b/c they think they and smarter, brighter , and what ever they are but they are same as everyone else just likes to have fun doing what they want. and i no for a fact theer is no one in this world that is perfect we all break rules from time to time
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

Quote from: 4x4Matt on July 31, 2007, 06:00:57 PM
yea are right just b/c i cant type how u wannt me to means i am retarted u never meet me u dont no anything bout me and if u wanna judge me for that good for u. i am one of those guys that never wear any gear mybe goggles from time to time but i got a cooler of beer and jack or jim. i am proud of it and when i am 52 i will be doing the same thing teaching my kids and grand kids to do the same thing. i got to keep my family tradition alivebe who u are and do what you want. u feel u wanna break some rules go head and do it just doont be stupied bout it  then u get some old guys talking crap b/c they think they and smarter, brighter , and what ever they are but they are same as everyone else just likes to have fun doing what they want. and i no for a fact theer is no one in this world that is perfect we all break rules from time to time

Don't they make some kind of spray or pellets to keep these people away?

Gato

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

crom A zone

see u all are crying bout people speding and all that crap when u should have been out ridding having a good time now we all are gonna ride when not sposed to and break all the rules so u must be retarded as me   her i got a spray for u
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

KB

4X4Matt, don't take it too too personal, but in my personal personal opinion your making a complete azz of yourself on this thread.

                      and thats about all i got to say about that


crom A zone

hey kb if i asked u you can say what ever you want but no one asked u to come here and asked u so stay out   and thats all i got to say
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

snowmanzz13

oh well, on the topic, i was out there yesterday afternoon an i only rode my banshee for about 1/2 hour lol its like riding through a big bowl of soup...
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

JackL

I can feel the love in this thread. Nice to see some things never change. 8)


Quote from: snowmanzz13 on August 02, 2007, 06:04:38 PM
oh well, on the topic, i was out there yesterday afternoon an i only rode my banshee for about 1/2 hour lol its like riding through a big bowl of soup...

Just the way I like it.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

crom A zone

jack you are the best         
















to everyone esle















































   i feel like a tramiplen all of thses stuck up  no good for nothing rich hide behind computers dont like me  but when u sit at home looking at yr atv i will be in HOLYLANDS ON MY BUGGIE  see u there ill save u a beeer
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

Can anyone tell me what the heck a "tramiplen" is?

KB

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 03, 2007, 09:55:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what the heck a "tramiplen" is?

I think it's a musical instrument like a flute or somethin.
I remember when I was 14 or 15 the kid down the street had one.

Anoriginal

Quote from: KB on August 03, 2007, 10:03:52 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 03, 2007, 09:55:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what the heck a "tramiplen" is?

I think it's a musical instrument like a flute or somethin.
I remember when I was 14 or 15 the kid down the street had one.

Oh yeah! I remember. Thanks KB.

That's funny right there.   :D :D

Old Grizzly

I think its some kinda Fruit. LOL >:D

Old Grizzly

The spell check buttons works well to make me look smart!!!!! DUH ok george

bigwake

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 03, 2007, 09:55:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what the heck a "tramiplen" is?

i believe a "tramiplen" is also known as a forum where i look an idiot because i can't type and people rag on me for it...

bigwake

Quote from: bigwake on August 04, 2007, 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 03, 2007, 09:55:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what the heck a "tramiplen" is?

i believe a "tramiplen" is also known as a forum where i look an idiot because i can't type and people rag on me for it...

....because..if you fill in the rest of what's after "also known as"...in the original context by our skeleton friend...it just makes more sense than a jumbo shrimp

crom A zone

this is awsome i still got all u guys going for this hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ha
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com