Nissan Titan???

Started by Brians06grizz, June 17, 2007, 06:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450R_Matt

Quote from: gtnwood on June 18, 2007, 02:24:46 PM
Yea, not fair a 3/4 ton weigh's more and therefore should be slower and get worse fuel mileage.....wait a minute is that right?

p.s. if ya want a real truck gitcha a Timberline :Wacko.gif

How bout you go back and read what the guy was asking in the original post. He wasn't wanting to compair. Unless you own on or have owned one you have no idea what your talking about. The rest is just here say.

FYI... I smoked my friends F150 4x4 (5.4)truck for truck and then we both had our race cars on about the same size trailer and i smoke him again. If you want to campair 1/2 ton trucks.
I knew there was a reson I dont post on here anymore. Everyone thinks they know it all. Enough said!
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

jayman

I added my comments because I am able to compare what he asked for, and that is
How does it do towing and compare to others?
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

dtoy007

I have a 2005 titan crewcab 2wd i get about 17 in town and 20 on the highway and i average 90 mph i love mine and i tow my 22 cc to the keys all the time dont go below 80 and i get 15 towing  and its a hemi eater lol

450rcrazy

Quote from: 450R_Matt on June 18, 2007, 08:57:48 PM
Quote from: gtnwood on June 18, 2007, 02:24:46 PM
Yea, not fair a 3/4 ton weigh's more and therefore should be slower and get worse fuel mileage.....wait a minute is that right?

p.s. if ya want a real truck gitcha a Timberline :Wacko.gif

How bout you go back and read what the guy was asking in the original post. He wasn't wanting to compair. Unless you own on or have owned one you have no idea what your talking about. The rest is just here say.

FYI... I smoked my friends F150 4x4 (5.4)truck for truck and then we both had our race cars on about the same size trailer and i smoke him again. If you want to campair 1/2 ton trucks.
I knew there was a reson I dont post on here anymore. Everyone thinks they know it all. Enough said!

The guy asked how well it tows !I told him a direct comparison taken from personal experiance towing a trailer that was well inside of the manufacturers (nissan)claimed tow capability and it failed miserably.


QuoteIf your F250 is a 5.4 it is a SLUG and of course it will out pull a 1/2 ton - you got more gear and a suspension to pull more.  5.4 Fords barely get 16mpg without a load on the highway and the Ford is known for a power robbing transmission...

I never claimed that my truck was a race machine but its no slug either I would say the nissan will out run it anyday , unless it has a payload .The problem  is nissan makes some claim like its able to tow 9800 lbs or some sh!t my F250 says 10000 sounds pretty close but witch one is accurate.I also owned a 2001 ford f150 5.4 with the 7100 lb tow package and it also would out tow that nissan hunk of garbage .I only bought the F250 becouse I was starting to tow a trailer that was 32' with a 2800 lb race car and about 1000lbs of race gas along with compressors a fully loaded tool box not to mention the trailer by itself was 5500lbs,The f150 towed that better than my friends nissan towed my camper that weighs only 6300 lbs loaded.By the way the rear gear in both my F150 and F250 are 3.73 I am now going to reaserch final drive ratios of the transmissions.

Starbuc71

Neighbor has a V8 titan extended cab with all the goodies.  I make fun of him because I believe road and track had an article that stated the new toyota tacoma would take it off the line.  I have a new tacoma and they were right.  Obviously it will smoke me in the long run, but we noticed the titan has a cable sysytem for the gas pedal vs. the usual shaft most vehichles have.  My neighbor thought this may help with smooth take offs but less power.  The truck is nice but lacks attention to detail unlike toyota's
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

trx#9

Quote from: gnd111 on June 18, 2007, 04:41:50 AM




BTW - for most of you who do not know the Titans will get in the 14's at the dragstrip so they are not slow by any means...
1/8 mile
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Bigscrb15

Quote from: trx#9 on June 19, 2007, 01:44:15 AM
Quote from: gnd111 on June 18, 2007, 04:41:50 AM




BTW - for most of you who do not know the Titans will get in the 14's at the dragstrip so they are not slow by any means...
1/8 mile

thats what I was thinkin.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

yunt2ride

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I have a T-Maxx that will smoke them all the first 45 MPH. And its just an RC car
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

450R_Matt

BTW How many of you Fords, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota drivers can say the your truck can do over 130mph? The Titan still has pedal left at 130mph and I had the rubicon 500 in the bed. :o
I know the Chevy shuts down around 95mph, and I drove past a Rumble Bee Dodge at about 120mph so he must have shut down too, even with the big bad Hemi. Aint no way a Ford goes over 100mph lol unless its the SVT. Thats the fastest truck on the road.   
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450rcrazy

Quote from: 450R_Matt on June 19, 2007, 08:46:00 PM
BTW How many of you Fords, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota drivers can say the your truck can do over 130mph? The Titan still has pedal left at 130mph and I had the rubicon 500 in the bed. :o
I know the Chevy shuts down around 95mph, and I drove past a Rumble Bee Dodge at about 120mph so he must have shut down too, even with the big bad Hemi. Aint no way a Ford goes over 100mph lol unless its the SVT. Thats the fastest truck on the road.   

Powerprogrammer fixes that 100 mph easily but then again I don't care to do 130 unless i am at the dragstrip where it is safe and leagel

Bigscrb15

also would suck to go over the speed rating of your tires and they explode.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Starbuc71

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC