Scout Ride II

Started by jjamesbar, May 05, 2005, 06:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

That's what happened to the power lines near big scrub camp, it used to be grass and weeds, now only sand.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

AutoTek

Count me in for the scout ride possibly 2 other bikes

GSPKurt

QuoteDuring the rodman ride, the ranger at Rodman said they will be building a facility there with parking, bathrooms, washdown, and it will have 3 or 4 trails leading out of there all marked on different loops, I believe he said they will still be 2way trails and it will be marked through the whole system, he said the entire forest will be like that soon. I just hope they still allow us to ride wherever and add the marked trails for the more inexperienced riders and families. He also said they will maintain trails every week with heavy equipment and get rid of whoops, he said one reason they are gettin upset about the trails is atv riders try to go around whoops and the trails just get wider and wider and tear up more forest floor.


That make no sense. Why not just grade the whooped out areas instead? [smiley=banghead.gif] Typical government bullcrap.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

jjamesbar

as far as the date, how bout the 18th of june.

on this ride we will have to carry or drop fuel.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Da_Mtg_Man

I'll have to see if my wife will let me on that date. That is my birthday. If I can go then I will expect you guys to bring me a cake.  ;D
Also, If you bring cards then I prefer cash, That way I don't have to worry about checks bouncing against my account. hehehehehe
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

jjamesbar

QuoteSorry to rant on your post Jeff, providing I have no other commitments on the date I will be there.

sk8tr,
your points are all valid and are always welcomed. this proposed trail system may very well be worse than we imagine. there will be too many people crammed into too small an area. btw whats up with grizz. i havent heard from him?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

DRWalum

Quoteas far as the starting point, the best place would be somewhere between rodman and big scrub but the number of riders may influence that. the reason for the centralized starting point is we could loop north, come back to our meeting point & refuel then head south. also, people that wanted out could drop off then.

jeff  


This said , would work great for me & I imagine some others!!  

  Is this still a possible option ??
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

jjamesbar

QuoteThis said , would work great for me & I imagine some others!!  

  Is this still a possible option ??

yes, this is still an option and one that i hope will work out.

one option for the starting point is the old campground location we stop at on the way to the 88 store. its just a grassey field now but its on the ocala maps as prairie pond. its just off forest road 88 north of hwy 316 about 1 mile. there are no whoops (yet).
another option would be somewhere near the idaman trails.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

QuoteI'll have to see if my wife will let me on that date. That is my birthday. If I can go then I will expect you guys to bring me a cake.  ;D
how bout we get sky to give you a birthday spanking.  ;)

im a little flexible on the date. i am committed on the july 4th weekend and just about the whole month of july.


jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

you know my vote for where to start/end ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

redtree511

Anybody going to pull the trigger and set time, date & place??
99 Ford Ranger
01 Raptor

LT-R450ApK

I'm In,Post a Date and Ill Dang Sure Show :P
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Moose

If you bump it up a week, to the 11th, I can make it with my son.
What do ya say, 11th, 0900, parking area near Ida's.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

qt314nfla

I'm in as long as it doesn't interfere w/ a fishing trip I'm going on.  I know there are atleast 6+ people that have posted interrest on this that are going to be on the fishing trip.  Maybe we can schedule the fishing around this when we get a date.  What do ya think?

susieblazer


 Hey we are in too , but any sat. other than June 18th, thats an engagement party here....Four to go here and maybe 5 others nearby...............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

jjamesbar

when is the fishing trip? i may be open for the 11th as well, in lieu of the 18th.
as far as the starting point the ida trails area would be great. im not exactly sure where the parking area is as i havent started there before. how many trucks would it accomodate? it would be better to start at 8:00am. if things go well this could be a long ride.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quoteyou know my vote for where to start/end ;-)

Id@

are you talking about the parking area or the cabin?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

either, if we are gonna make it a long ride it would be better to have a small group, but you know how big my place is and how many it could handle.

or the parking area can handle about the same.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

shulco

I'd love to join this ride , have never rode onf ,so I'll need directions to the srarting point. anytime in june is great ,on second thought  anytime will work  for me. just post time and directions.

bftclub

sounds to me like thisproblem of trails getting wider cuz of whoops is the rangers problem all along,if they would do there job,then whoops wouldn't be as bad as they are and we would not have to worry about areas being closed as often..so lazy a$$ rangers if you ride and are reading this..IT'S YOUR FAULT.....

Moose

That needs to be discussed in another forum, this is about the scout ride, when and where.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jjamesbar

lets set it for the 11th of june. that seems to be the best time for everyone. now for the place. lets get an approx. head count. that will determine the starting point.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

#47
Quoteeither, if we are gonna make it a long ride it would be better to have a small group, but you know how big my place is and how many it could handle.

or the parking area can handle about the same.

Id@

how many could your place handle ida? we could put a limit on the number of riders. or ride from your cabin to the parking area to pick up the rest of the group. as always we can figure about 25% no-shows.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

the estimated distance for the north loop is 85-90 miles. the south trails maybe less.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Moose

#49
Great, will be good to see and ride with who shows up. I'm ready to see how my new ride handles. I've rode it around here and it runs a little better after the snorkle install. Can't wait to see what a pipe and carb. adjustment will do. Never had my son on a ride like this, but he rides Jasper like a trooper, so I think he'll be fine.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com