New to Riverview, FL...where can you ride?

Started by kwgreenwell, June 08, 2007, 03:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwgreenwell

I just moved to Riverview, FL and I am looking for places to ride. Any ideas/suggestions of where to go locally would be of a great help.

papahouse

Go to Croom in Brooksville just north of Tampa.


fdndantpa

I live in riverview and im going riding sat. wazzzzzzzzz upppppp

SkremenGSXR

Me, my fiance, a buddy of mine and MPTonyT are riding Sunday at a spot about 30 or 40 minutes from Riverview if you would like to go.
It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!

jayman

I also live in riverview.  I will be servicing the quad though this weekend.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

jayman

btw welcome to the site, you will find great advice here and some no so great advice.  I am sure you will like it here.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

dre

so where is the 30 to 40 min away spot to ride near riverview, dre yz450

SkremenGSXR

Quote from: dre on June 09, 2007, 10:00:26 PM
so where is the 30 to 40 min away spot to ride near riverview, dre yz450

We are about to head out in a little while. If you wanna go post up and I will tell ya where to meet us. Dont miss out ...............
It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!

fdndantpa


papahouse

It sounds like a private spot and I don't blame them for keeping it secret

goin_deep

I'M FROM RIVERVIEW OF 32 YRS THERES A GOOD 30 MIN RIDE TO ZEPHERHILLS I GO TO USELY EVERYWEEKEND BIG PLACE TO RIDE AN LOT OF TIGHT TRAIL LIL HILLS AN YUCKY MUD .BUT IT'S GREAT SPOT AN CAMPIN GOT A CLEAN CLEAR SPOT TO SWIM AN CLEAN YOUR SELF BEFORE YOU LEAVE NICE SWIMMIN HOLE.
05 4x4 kawasaki prairy 360 camo lifted

SkremenGSXR

It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!

wasntme

Quote from: goin_deep on July 19, 2007, 06:50:15 PM
I'M FROM RIVERVIEW OF 32 YRS THERES A GOOD 30 MIN RIDE TO ZEPHERHILLS I GO TO USELY EVERYWEEKEND BIG PLACE TO RIDE AN LOT OF TIGHT TRAIL LIL HILLS AN YUCKY MUD .BUT IT'S GREAT SPOT AN CAMPIN GOT A CLEAN CLEAR SPOT TO SWIM AN CLEAN YOUR SELF BEFORE YOU LEAVE NICE SWIMMIN HOLE.

I live just up the road from that place and just found out about it today. I took my Rhino there with a friend. It is alot of fun.

cbrtrx

im in the same area, can someone please pm me directions to this place you guys are talking about, thanks

KB

If it's the place I think it is, I wouldn't go there untill after hunting season is over, I heard about some of the landowners getting upset to about ATV riders, it's a hunt camp.
I wouldn't go during hunting season.

Your best bet as far as "legal" places would be Croom in Brooksville ($50.00 for a sticker thats good for a year)
or O.N.F. but your bikes need to be registered & they have a lot of new rules that are posted(made a sticky) on this board, I think all there changes/rules have been posted here on this site on "places to ride" or "Ocala national Forest Association".

I'm going to the MotoPlex this weekend, you can read about it at www.floridaatvmotoplex.com
it only cost $10.00 a day to ride there.

greenmachine

Quote from: cbrtrx on September 26, 2007, 02:50:39 PM
im in the same area, can someone please pm me directions to this place you guys are talking about, thanks
This is the best 1st post I have ever seen. :D
I hope noone was naive enough to give you directions.
no offense, but you could be the guy who gets it shut down or the police.

cbrtrx

Quote from: greenmachine on September 29, 2007, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: cbrtrx on September 26, 2007, 02:50:39 PM
im in the same area, can someone please pm me directions to this place you guys are talking about, thanks
This is the best 1st post I have ever seen. :D
I hope noone was naive enough to give you directions.
no offense, but you could be the guy who gets it shut down or the police.
i understand what you mean, im not the police i can assure you of that, my name is common on many tampa baised sites i just never posted here yet, we all need to start somewhere

Michael Bolton

Quote from: greenmachine on September 29, 2007, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: cbrtrx on September 26, 2007, 02:50:39 PM
im in the same area, can someone please pm me directions to this place you guys are talking about, thanks
This is the best 1st post I have ever seen. :D
I hope noone was naive enough to give you directions.
no offense, but you could be the guy who gets it shut down or the police.

lol hes been on the site longer than you!

wasntme

I went to the place in Zhills today..Sat. There was not as many people there as there was last week but when I was rolling out at 5 at least 20 ATV's passed me going in. I am going back tomorrow morning..Sun the 30th. I have a Rhino and from what I have been told I can not take it to Croom and Ocala is too far for just a few hours of riding. I heard about the hunters also but I have not ran into any. I am looking for others to ride with if anyone else is interested.

SkremenGSXR

Hunting season is about to kick off soon. From speaking with some of the hunters out there they dont want us SOUTH of the creek till about noon time or so. Also if you see a ATV parked on or off a trail quietly leave that area the way you came in. Best advice during hunting season is to stay up front. Plenty of riding up front. We can get along with them and still be able to ride out there as long as we respect them. Its their land and all they ask is to respect it and them. Pretty easy to some but their will be the few JERKS that will try and ruin it for all of us. Also just some FYI last Saturday night out there PCSO was out on two UTV and two ATV's checking for weapons and underage drinking. I have another spot to ride for fast bikes in Tampa and one in St Pete if anyone would like to stay close to home once in a while. PM me for details and I only will respond to OLD members, no new guys just for the reason of keeping these spots longer.
It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!

greenmachine

Quote from: Michael Bolton on September 29, 2007, 10:35:24 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on September 29, 2007, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: cbrtrx on September 26, 2007, 02:50:39 PM
im in the same area, can someone please pm me directions to this place you guys are talking about, thanks
This is the best 1st post I have ever seen. :D
I hope noone was naive enough to give you directions.
no offense, but you could be the guy who gets it shut down or the police.

lol hes been on the site longer than you!
Thats great. Maybe we should all give up our secret spots to anonymous posters for their 1st post. I meant no offence, but the way riding spots are disappearing, I couldnt beleive someone wolud have a 1st post openly asking for directions there. If someone would have posted directions in open forum, there would have been 100 quads our there this weekend.

greenmachine


qt314nfla

Quote from: fdndantpa on June 11, 2007, 10:24:51 AM
How legal is this spot in riverview???

It is a legal spot if you own land there.  If you are not an owner it isn't legal.  You may be asked by the police or other owners to prove ownership.  Most local owners carry guns.  I don't recommend getting into it w/ them.  That "local" place is on the boarder of the owners paying to fence their property.  They are hacked w/ all the ppl that show up to the land that they own and use.  They are sick of cleaning up after all the local kids partying and the atvers tearing the place up.  How do I know?  I am friends w/ an owner there and when I'm there I'm riding legally. 

If you are not an owner w/ proof of ownership my friends have asked that you not take anyone else out there that doesn't know where it is.  More ppl are taking more friends out there and they take their friends to this secret spot.  Not so secret anymore.  It's gonna be like another "secret spot" w/in 45 minutes of my house that was shut down for posting about it on the internet.

BTW- other owners and my friends do see this site and read it.  So they are watching what's going on.  You'll get it fenced off on your own.

qt314nfla

Also, there is a lot of hunting on that property.  I can tell you that the hunters get out there in their stands between 4-5am.  They sit there till 11am.  That's 6hrs of sitting in a stand and getting up early.  They sit in the rain, the heat, the cold.  They go back out in the stands around 4pm and sit in the trees till dark.  That's 10 or so hours of sitting silently and patiently in a tree waiting for game.  When you ride by and everyone else rides by you scare the game.  They pay money in the amount of what most of you have into your quads to hunt.  Between the bows, muzzle loaders, rifles, shot guns, ammo, stands, feeders, corn for the feeders, not to mention all the time and effort they take for months preparing their area by stocking feeders and tracking the migration of game in the area.

I highly recommend not riding there or bringing friends.  Especially during hunting season.  Or you'll find that place fenced off and you'll be out of a place to ride.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com