BY FARE THE BEST PLACE TO RIDE ON THE EAST COST

Started by C-dale, November 17, 2004, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-dale

   I've spent some time reading all of your posts and have come to the conculsion that all of you from the everglades to jaxsonville have been missing out on what is by fare the most incredibale place you could possiably won't to ride your ATV or DIRT BIKE. Imagin a park that is privatly owned and is 9000 acres, there are 3 mx tracks, two adult and one kids.(the adult has a 60 ft table top) there is a drag strip a mud pit another 60ft tabletop in the middle of the wood that is uses for tricks.
How about 100 miles of one way trails or the retail store on site that has all the gear and parts you could want. or how about the repair shop on hand or the bike washing facilaties or the resturant that serves dinner all weekend or maybe the clubhouse that is open 24 hours to play pool, foosball or table tenis. Did I mention bike rental, and RV, tent or cabin camping or the night ride.

You won't find better unless I were to buy some land and bring all this to FLA.

If you ride you owe it to your self to make the trip to DURHAMTOWN.COM

It's 1 hour due east of atlanta, takes me 7 hours from tampa. fl. and I go at least twice a year.

I don't work for them I just love the riding and need to pass it on.




Chris505

Man i have been wanting to go for a while now...
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

C-dale


05kodiak450

was that the website address or not??? cant pull up anything by that name.....

Chris505

05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

C-dale

my bad I added georgia to it. i'll change it for the rest of the folks. the address is durhamtown.com

Qdawg76

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

tvman

thanks for the info..I'll check it out..Is it okay for kids to ride there?? My son is 12.., but a good rider.

tvman

ATOMCRF450

Quotetrust me, pac up and go
I JUST GOT BACK FROM THERE MONDAY AFTERNOON. IT WAS THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN FOR 25 BUCKS. I RODE ALL DAY SUNDAY,THEY HAVE MARKED TRAILS,DRAG STRIP 3 MX TRACKS AND A PLACE TO EAT THE HOLE NINE YARDS.
   I'LL GO BACK EVERY CHANCE I GET.

Chris505

Did you go up for just one day???
How was the directions to get there(easy?)

Looks like rain this weekend up there or else i would go
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

T2

#10
I went up there about july or august with my son, and we had a great time. I posted the pics on the site not to long ago. The only thing that they can inpove are the shacks they have for rent, but hey your there to ride not sleep. Did you pay the extra money to do the nite ride. That was really a good time, its a guided tour of the private areas and it was about a 3 hour ride, yea I said 3 hour ride and never returned JK ;D. Well glad to you had a good time up there.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

ATOMCRF450

THE DIRECTIONS WERE VERY EASY,AND I COULD ONLY RIDE 1 DAY. BECAUSE I HAD OTHER THINGS TO DO,BUT I WAS THINKING OF GOING BACK REAL SOON.
THAT RED CLAY UP THERE WILL GET REAL NASTY IF RAINS,SO YOU BETTER CHECK THE WEATHER UNLESS YOU LIKE THE MUDD...

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Chris505

whooa... heading up for the weekend....

i will be leaving here sat morning around 1am... the direction on there site look easy to follow... should i also do a yahoo map????  you said the direction were easy,, even in the dark???
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

C-dale

#14
I'm glad to see so many of you have had the georgia exsperiance. I will say the directions are pretty easy and the mud is fun if it were to rain. the shacks, well there shacks but like the man said your there to ride  and riding is what it's all about. overall I call it the disney land of off-road.
And yes this place is all about the family riding.

I am seriously considering buying a large chunk of land in central florida and bringing the georgia exsperiance to us. I will keep you all posted as to my endever. I do have the investers and the desire and I have been activly looking for land. stay tooned.

Moose

Place sure sounds nice, I'm going to take my son there as soon as I can.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

DAVEVOO


C-dale

My best suggestion would be to spend 2 or 3 days there unless you live fairly close and can make it a day trip on a regulare basis. we here in tampa live a little fare for that so we go for long weekend at a time.

tennessee also has a very large park, over 800 miles of trails. were going in march for a week. I'll let all of you know how it goes.

weekendwarrior1

Is the park that your going to in Tennessee called Coal Creek?

tvman

Thanks for the great info on Durhamtown..

It really sounds like a terrific place to ride. Now, my son is bugging me to go there for a few days..

Guess I'll have to load up and try it out.. Do you suggest staying in the cabins??? Can you drive right up to your door and stuff if you stay there??

tvman

ATOMCRF450

YOU CAN DRIVE RIGHT TO THE DOOR WITH THE TRUCK AND THE ATV.
IT'S ALSO BEST TO CALL IN ADVANCE TO GET A CABIN.



tvman

ATOM CRF:

I'm going to book it for my break between Christmas and New Year's..My son will have a blast there..

Thanks for the information..

Tvman & MxMike

C-dale

#22
I'm glad you all are digin this place. just wanted to let all of you know that the main reason for exposing this is to see how much interest there is for a park like this. I have been doing my reserch and found that a park like this in florida would be an instant hit. I want it to be a complete playground for off-road ridding like georgia because myself like the rest of you are ok with trail riding but once you get a tast for jumping and drag racing in a safe envirment their's no turning back.

I travel in a camper van so I have my sleeping and living arrangments handled but we did get a cabin that last time we went and although there not pritty they certanly do the job when you have a group that wants to cook and take hot showers when ever, It's all preferance. the camp sites have power and water and there is a community bath house that's not bad.
It's a ride in ride out enviorment.

WE LEAVE HOME AROUND 11PM ON THUR AND ARRIVE AROUND 7 AM GIVE OR TAKE STOPS (FLAT TIRES)ALONGE THE WAY. IF YOUR CABIN HAS NO ONE IN IT YOU CAN CHECK IN, UNLOAD AND RIDE RIDE RIDE. OR SET UP CAMP HAVE BREAKFAST AND RIDE RIDE RIDE. THEN WE PULL OUT ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND HALL A&& HOME. USUALLY GET IN AROUND 7 OR 8. THIS WAY YOU ONLY MISS ONE DAY OF WORK BUT YOU GET 2 AND 1/2 DAYS OF RIDDING.


Drink lots of water and stretch, Once your on the track you won't want to get off and it will wear you out quick.

Then you'll have a perspective on how hard it is to race moto for 3 heats of 20 laps. I dont know how they do it. unless your 15 and fearless I guess.

I'm out
 

C-dale

#23
yea the place we are talking about is coal creek.(coalcreekohv.com) can you tell me anything about it. we also are going to visit highcountryatv.com I guess it's only 3 hours away.

HOW ABOUT ALABAMA???? ANY PLACES LIKE DURHAMTOWN THERE.

weekendwarrior1

C-dale, the only thing I can tell you about Coal Creek is that it was worthy of a write up in the December issue of Dirt Wheels Magazine. it says they've got 70,000 acres of trails, hills, and mudholes. Open 24/7/365. Can't wait to go

stick_rider


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com