Best Mud Tires

Started by digginfool, June 01, 2007, 11:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

I am looking to buy some tires and wheels for the Outlander before next weekend's extreme Everglades ride.  I currently have Vampires on my Prairie and have been very happy with their performance.  But, they are 5 years old and seems like everybody is either riding on MudLites or Executioners.  Any advice before I go plunking down $800.00 on a set of wheels and tires?  12" or 14"?  How big can I go on an Outlander without doing a lift?  It came with 26" so with the space available, I'm sure I can go 27".  What about 28"?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

JackL

Quote from: digginfool on June 01, 2007, 11:09:34 PM
I am looking to buy some tires and wheels for the Outlander before next weekend's extreme Everglades ride.  I currently have Vampires on my Prairie and have been very happy with their performance.  But, they are 5 years old and seems like everybody is either riding on MudLites or Executioners.  Any advice before I go plunking down $800.00 on a set of wheels and tires?  12" or 14"?  How big can I go on an Outlander without doing a lift?  It came with 26" so with the space available, I'm sure I can go 27".  What about 28"?

Good, because I'll be running my bald Gators.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Busta Nutt


Kawa3

Outlaws are the best mud tire. If you are planning on $800+ make it some Outlaws, or mudzilla's. go on www.highlifter.com/forum and ask what is the biggest you can put on w/o a lift.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Busta Nutt


Kawa3

Quote from: wilburzbro on June 02, 2007, 01:25:53 AM
outlaws suck balls

don't hate on the outlaws just b/c they have 2.5 inches of tread
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

JackL

Quote from: Kawa3 on June 02, 2007, 02:10:41 AM
Quote from: wilburzbro on June 02, 2007, 01:25:53 AM
outlaws suck balls

don't hate on the outlaws just b/c they have 2.5 inches of tread

I was fixin to get some new gators, but if you are saying outlaws, I have got to look at them.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Southern4x4

Mickey Thompson Race Slicks......



If doing extreme mudding get outlaws or mudzillas. Ive seen mudmachines(?) that look like mudzillas that might be cheaper. If doing more trails then mudding mudlites or 589`s otta do you good. Vampires are still good tires too.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Joedirt

you can put 29.5's on the 800 Stock no lift.....watch your stock axles and Yoke on the Trans


I have Gators on My Vinson and 589's on my King Quad...They all do the same work...
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

digginfool

Does anybody know anything about the Mudlite XTR?  I was thinking of putting the ITP S-108 rims in 14" but don't know much about the tire and it seems nobody else is making 14" tires.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Joedirt

I have not heard any problems with the XTR's....they do the job
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

JackL

Quote from: Joedirt on June 02, 2007, 01:02:18 PM
I have Gators on My Vinson and 589's on my King Quad...They all do the same work...


...but some must do it a little better..?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Justbilly


Joedirt

Quote from: JackL on June 02, 2007, 02:57:00 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on June 02, 2007, 01:02:18 PM
I have Gators on My Vinson and 589's on my King Quad...They all do the same work...


...but some must do it a little better..?





All about the rider...in My opinion
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

fastrnrik

My buddy ran the the 27" TSL Swamp Lite's this weekend and they pulled great. Plus they ride good on hard surfaces as well. Outlaws ride like a tractor tire on hard pack.
My $.02

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: fastrnrik on June 04, 2007, 03:43:38 PM
My buddy ran the the 27" TSL Swamp Lite's this weekend and they pulled great. Plus they ride good on hard surfaces as well. Outlaws ride like a tractor tire on hard pack.
My $.02

Very true but, when you pull into a mudhole with Outlaws you know you will be coming out the other side....
They will beat the hell out of you on the trails and you will have to ride in the back of the pack or else your buddies will hate you but they are the best mud tire out there.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Hondabeefast

i had maxxis mudbug's on my honda rubicon and they were great!
02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R

Cory1020

outlaws are the best pure mud tire. This topic has been beaten to death on highlifter.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

JackL

Well I'm gonna go with outlaws I believe. Can't hurt.  8)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

bigscrub79

Quote from: JackL on June 04, 2007, 06:37:50 PM
Well I'm gonna go with outlaws I believe. Can't hurt.  8)
Go ahead and buy some axles. They do great in the mud, sometimes too good and tear your stuff up.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

KAW3604x4

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 04, 2007, 03:51:31 PM
when you pull into a mudhole with Outlaws you know you will be coming out the other side....

That's what you told Antioch just before SNAP his axle broke in half!  ;)  ;D ;D
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

JackL

Quote from: bigscrub79 on June 04, 2007, 07:37:53 PM
Quote from: JackL on June 04, 2007, 06:37:50 PM
Well I'm gonna go with outlaws I believe. Can't hurt.  8)
Go ahead and buy some axles. They do great in the mud, sometimes too good and tear your stuff up.

I've already had that problem with gators, and have plenty of spares. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

KB

wooly booger's, nothin better, they float on mud. LOL

digginfool

The boy says he wants to go so I think I'm going to take the wheels off the Prairie and put them on the Outlander.  I heard they are the same pattern.  If not, I'll just take the Prairie.  Dennis!  Hey, bud, what time?!?!?!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Palmettobay_recon

Outlaws hands down! Or mudzillas, Mud machines, and vamps. Mud machines ride extremely smooth on trails and still mud well, mine ride even smoother than the stockers. On an Outlander you can both fit and turn 29.5 laws stock so no worries in that department.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

GrizzlyGator

#25
Quote from: digginfool on June 01, 2007, 11:09:34 PM
I am looking to buy some tires and wheels for the Outlander before next weekend's extreme Everglades ride.  I currently have Vampires on my Prairie and have been very happy with their performance.  But, they are 5 years old and seems like everybody is either riding on MudLites or Executioners.  Any advice before I go plunking down $800.00 on a set of wheels and tires?  12" or 14"?  How big can I go on an Outlander without doing a lift?  It came with 26" so with the space available, I'm sure I can go 27".  What about 28"?
I think you should try...hmmmm let me see,
Tires
  Kenda Bearclaw 
  Kenda Executioner
  GBC Gator
  GBC Dirt Devil
  GBC Dirt Tamer
  Maxxis Mudzilla
  Maxxis Mud Bug
  Maxxis Bighorn
  Highlifter Outlaw
  Highlifter Outlaw MST
  Vampire EDL
  Interco Swamp Lite
  ITP Blackwater
  ITP Holeshot ATR
  ITP 589 MS
  ITP Mud Lite
  ITP Mud Lite XTR Radials
  ITP Terracross R/T Radials
  SuperGrip Mud pregnant dog
  Ducks Unlimited Wetlands Radials
:T :Clap.gif




Kawa3

Just get ya a set of 30s like mine and be done with it
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Kawa3 on June 05, 2007, 05:04:47 PM
Just get ya a set of 30s like mine and be done with it

Nice Wheels! What size rims?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

GrizzlyGator


Kawa3

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

jimmyt14

It all depends on what your going to be using these tires for.As stated earlyer this topic has been beaten to death on highlifter.....
pure mud-outlaw
mostly mud with trail-bi/tri claws
trails/mud-mudbugs/gators (same thing)

I no from experience the claws ride like stockers on trails....and they mud great.And mucho cheaper then outlaws or mudzillas.
Another option would be the mud bitches!!!
07 Camo BRUTE FORCE 750, bi/tri claws on itp ss106's

00 trx 300 25'' bugs sittin on c series 4
wheels, audio pipe, snorkeled airbox and lines

99 foreman 450.SOLD!!!finally!!!

Kawa3

Outlaws or zillas on anything. Man up and ride em on da trail!
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

rancher4lyfe

yea but in a mudhole like let's say..... Holylands those outlaws like to find bottom and their aint none!  :lecture.gif
LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

Kawa3

Quote from: rancher4lyfe on June 21, 2007, 09:32:05 PM
yea but in a mudhole like let's say..... Holylands those outlaws like to find bottom and their aint none!  :lecture.gif

Outlaws usually pull fowards and not down which is why most hardcore mudders run them. The vamp EDLs pull straight down which is why you usually see people run them in man made mud bog pits.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

rancher4lyfe

I meant vampires i was just thinking outlaws cause I was looking at my bike with my new outlaws while I was typin this!!   :stoogies.gif
LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

illegal26

I have to say with all the rain and from what I saw crossing the alley yesterday
if you dont have an airboat you aint going anywhere and I dont care what tires you have
without a full snorkel you wont make it across the canal and I cant see it getting much better once your
across as I rode it 2-3 weeks ago and it was nasty.
This is if were still refering to the mm39.5 ride south of alley

illegal26

The mud Bitches looked nice I saw a guy with them but dont know where he got them from.

Kawa3

Quote from: illegal26 on June 22, 2007, 02:12:33 AM
The mud Bitches looked nice I saw a guy with them but dont know where he got them from.

They are the off brand on the mudzilla's. Same tread design and a little heavier. But a lot of people with the 27s get 28+"s out of them
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

dirty1

mud machine tri-claw xt's.  they offr great bite in thick mudd and loose dirt.  as well as awsome reverse without slipp. and trail riding is great on them
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000