Riding this weekend??

Started by tvman, November 30, 2004, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvman

Just realized I have no soccer games this weekend and my son and I would love to meet up and ride with some people..

Where's everyone going??? Any new places??

Tvman and MXMike


atvtrailer

me and gotahemi2004 gonna be at croom saturday
05 450r #13B

tvman

Croom is a bit far for the day...

By the way, did the Sand pit dry out yet??

tvman

Ida_Mann

I'll most likely be in ONF pissing off the hunters once again.

Id@

but I kinda want to go to Croom

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

my buddy Tom and I are debating on where to ride this weekend...i'm not really in the mood for croom tho...
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Ida_Mann

I'm gonna try to stay away from ONF til hunting season is over,,at least riding my quad, I may camp, but not riding.

the last ranger I spoke with made a good point that makes sense to me.

the hunters have access to their sport for 2 months out of the entire year, and they pay for the priveledge,,,,,us people on OHV's have access year round and don't pay anything.

I'm not a hunter, but I understand the point.

I'm gonna check out croom me thinks.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

stewww


Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

atvtrailer

no the pit at croom has not dried out, i think it will be close to rainy season til a majority of it will be dried up, but ofcourse then more rain comes, so who knows when it will be empty :(
05 450r #13B

05kodiak450

where are some popular places in onf? i have only had my atv since hurricane charley hit and really have no where to ride.... can anyone help?

Ida_Mann

Quotewhere are some popular places in onf? i have only had my atv since hurricane charley hit and really have no where to ride.... can anyone help?

of course, but you may want to stay away from the popular places in ONF,,,unless you like whoops.

I'll show you around the north end of the forest one weekend if you want.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

05kodiak450

yea man that would be great..... any mudd out there??

Ida_Mann

some places, but fairly rare,,,,ONF is either raining or dusty.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MOKAS

im gonna be at big scrub...if anyone wants to meet up.
MIKEMOKAS

'06 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI,
2in front
Highlifter clutched
Highlifter reduced

'02 Sportsman 500HO -Traded-
2in front
26in PXT Take-Offs

00 Yamaha Blaster 67.75mm Wiseco Piston, and a couple other things... Gone but not forgotten..

'96 trail boss 250.. Gone and forgotten.

stretchy

Quoteof course, but you may want to stay away from the popular places in ONF,,,unless you like whoops.

I'll show you around the north end of the forest one weekend if you want.

Id@

 The last time I was at ONF was when T.S. Irene hit.
 I've only stayed to the south at the power lines. How much more am I missing

Suzieq

Hey Ida

How far north do you consider the north end of the forest? We have a camp on the north end it is off of 19 north of salt springs on a road called East National Forest road 75. on the east side of 19. Lake Delancy is on the same rd but on the west side of 19.
Are you familiar with this area? My family and I ride around our little nook and down to Lake George and know a few trails but we are always looking for new places/trails to ride.
Unfortunately we have been unable to make any of the Rodman rides...hopefully we'll catch one soon.
2004 kodiak 400 realtreecamo, custom snorkel,
26" itp 589's

Ida_Mann

QuoteHey Ida

How far north do you consider the north end of the forest? We have a camp on the north end it is off of 19 north of salt springs on a road called East National Forest road 75. on the east side of 19. Lake Delancy is on the same rd but on the west side of 19.
Are you familiar with this area? My family and I ride around our little nook and down to Lake George and know a few trails but we are always looking for new places/trails to ride.
Unfortunately we have been unable to make any of the Rodman rides...hopefully we'll catch one soon.

2-3 miles south of there is usually my starting point, we oughtta get together for a ride up there one weekend, I try to ride every other weekend, but I'm staying away during idiot season.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

QuoteThe last time I was at ONF was when T.S. Irene hit.
 I've only stayed to the south at the power lines. How much more am I missing

whoa yeah, there's a ton of forest you are not seeing there.

come to the Rodman ride, you will see a bunch.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Suzieq

Quote2-3 miles south of there is usually my starting point, we oughtta get together for a ride up there one weekend, I try to ride every other weekend, but I'm staying away during idiot season.

Id@


Would love to. We get up there about once a month. We may be up around Christmas/new years week.
2004 kodiak 400 realtreecamo, custom snorkel,
26" itp 589's

Ida_Mann

1/8/05 is my next weekend after XMas that I'll be there.

PM me and I'll give you a phone number, just call when you are up there, or headed there,,,it's a local call from there.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

Ida_Mann, you are right about the hunter in ONF. I try to stay away from the north part of the forest. keep near big scrub camping area trails, but I like the north end around lake delancy area. You lucky to live so close. where do you like to ride?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

jjamesbar

QuoteHey Ida

How far north do you consider the north end of the forest? We have a camp on the north end it is off of 19 north of salt springs on a road called East National Forest road 75. on the east side of 19. Lake Delancy is on the same rd but on the west side of 19.
Are you familiar with this area? My family and I ride around our little nook and down to Lake George

there are some nice trails in your area suzieq. when we go on our trail rides from rodman to the 88 store we pass very close to the norwalk area which sounds like the place your cabin is. have you ever poked around in that wilderness area just to the north of you, i thinks its down forest rd 77?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

suzieq,

you also have some cool trails near you. im sure you've been down this trail, it takes you to the river. it was a little wet this day.
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Suzieq

jjamesbar

Yes we have ridden both. The trail to the river is the one we take often, we have two ways we go. One is wet (the one in the pic) and one a little more dry.
I think the area off of 77 is called little lake george preserve or something to that effect. It doesn't look much different from the rest of the forest but there is a small "lake" in there and there are same areas that look more cleared of trees so you can see for quite a distance. Its nice.
Unfortunately we have a wedding to attend the weekend of the next Rodman ride so I'm hoping to get in on another one however most of the people that come out to our cabin have commented about the length of the ride...so we'll see.

2004 kodiak 400 realtreecamo, custom snorkel,
26" itp 589's

Ida_Mann

QuoteIda_Mann, you are right about the hunter in ONF. I try to stay away from the north part of the forest. keep near big scrub camping area trails, but I like the north end around lake delancy area. You lucky to live so close. where do you like to ride?


I like to explore when I ride, so there really isn't a set area I ride, but where I've gotten awful familiar with the trails is in the block between hwy19 and road 97(for the east-west borders) and hwy314 and hwy 40 (for the north-south borders).  That area is pretty much open and there are only a couple of trails in there that have whoops on them,,,,thats the way I like it.

Last ride I did was starting from Salt Springs and I got with a mile or two of Alexander Springs then headed back through the Scrub area and over towards the natural gas pumping station on 97 and 314.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com