2003 GSXR600 totaled last night... - PICTURES ADDED

Started by Lukeidiot, May 29, 2007, 03:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeidiot

Yeah, I just got the bike the same day. I let a friend drive it and he hit a curb going about 80mph.
My friend brandon is alright, but he is in severe condition.

If anyone knows anyone that can help me get my gsxr600 fixed, that would be a major help.
The motor is not really hurt besides the starter case pretty much broke off. I mostly need everything on
the right side of the bike (fairings, windshield, back brake system, back rim, maybe a back tire, and back brake lever.)

Thanks.

Pictures Added:




96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)

LTR450 994

the best place is ebay as far as parts go. also take it to GMD computrac so they can check the frame forks and swingarm, if its bent they can put it back better than new. and dont lend your bike out anymore to friends that think they can ride.

Chuck_Norris

Get a hold of  BIGR954 here on the site and see if he can help you out, he is one of those stunt riders. they dont need plastics....LOL

ppark350se

That really sucks to hear. but Ebay is the best place for parts its gonna cost you a bit tho. Make sure you get the frame, forks and swingarm checked.

That is why Im not gonna let anyone ride my ninja, even tho its a 250.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

BIGR954

LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO I AM LOCAL IN JACKSONVILLE AND WILL HELP OUT AS MUCH AS I CAN
CHECK OUT THE NEW CLOTHING LINE
STUNTRAGZ.COM

Lukeidiot

Thanks man, I think a friend called you about it.
96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)

1FasterBlaster

   I hope your friend is helping you pay for it!!

Kawa3

Don't you have to have a motorcycle license to ride in Fla is you are under 21?
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

JackL

Quote from: Kawa3 on May 30, 2007, 01:33:45 AM
Don't you have to have a motorcycle license to ride in Fla is you are under 21?

You need one if you are over as well.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Lukeidiot

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on May 30, 2007, 01:16:42 AM
   I hope your friend is helping you pay for it!!

Meh, he is in ICU right now, with a crushed shoulder and collar bone. The doctors don't even know if
they are going to do surgery right now, so he may never be able to use his right half of his arm..
and to top it off.. he doesn't have medical insurance. SOooo I doubt ill ever be seeing any money from him
as he will wont be able to work for at least a year, and to top it all off he got 3 tickets, and had 11 points on his
license, so he wont be able to drive for about a year.
96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)

KB

That sucks, I hope that hospital doesn't send you a bill, is bike in your name ?

digginfool

You better hope you have insurance and that guy had a motorcycle license.  You just set yourself up for a liability suit.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

JackL

Best wishes to your buddy. That really sucks.

Have him watch this:



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Lukeidiot

96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)

2strokinIt


1FasterBlaster

   I'm sure he doesn't feel that way about his buddy being hurt. But point of the matter is, you get on a bike hot dogging it, you should know and be willing to accept all responsibility.
  And it was really unintelligent riding without proper riding gear.It was even worse for this guy to let his friend ride it without making him wear gear.I would never let anyone on my bike without gear!!
  You better hope he doesn't decide to sue you brother.

2strokinIt

#16
i wouldnt let anybody on my bike if they had on a suit of armor....been there done that...$1600.00 later we werent friends anymore

hit a curb at 80? probably was at least 40-50 over the limit? Friend Brandon is ok but is in severe condition....and in icu...doesnt sound ok to me?...hope he lives to learn

1FasterBlaster

   That video says it all.Wear proper riding gear!!

Lukeidiot

Quote from: The hyrbid kid on May 30, 2007, 02:13:54 PM
idk if im the only one that feels this way BUt..
Ok ur buddy wrecked it and is in critical condition and all u can think about is fixing the f#cking bike...
Im not sure but that seems pretty f'ed up..
And u odda sell the bike to scrap ppl get some money back, before somebody else gets hurt.

You have a lot of nerve saying that. I had to witness my friend crashing, seeing him laying
in the road with oncoming traffic coming at him..Not knowing if he was alive or not, I had to hold his head while he was unconscious
so he wouldnt try to move.. and you are going to blindly say that all i can think about is fixing my bike?
I drive a 30 min drive everyday just to see him at the hospital..


96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)

greenmachine

Lets see if he is still your friend when it is all said & done. If you had insurance, you can bet you wont when he sues it for his medical treatment. You as a responsible owner/rider should have never let him ride it especially without the proper gear. Any attorney would be licking his chops over this if you have good insurance.
Good luck to your friend, I hope he has learned his lesson, unfortunately the hard way.

JackL

Quote from: greenmachine on May 30, 2007, 08:35:51 PM
Lets see if he is still your friend when it is all said & done. If you had insurance, you can bet you wont when he sues it for his medical treatment. You as a responsible owner/rider should have never let him ride it especially without the proper gear. Any attorney would be licking his chops over this if you have good insurance.
Good luck to your friend, I hope he has learned his lesson, unfortunately the hard way.

Not everyone is sue happy in this world.. I know plenty of people who put friendship before money, including myself.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Lukeidiot

I've known brandon every since I was just a baby, thats about 18 years. I highly doubt he would even
think about sueing me.
96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)

Fox17

that really sucks for your friend and you. ill pray for your friend. hope he is ok. i wouldnt worry about him sueing you. if he any kind of friend at all he wouldnt. at least i dont think he would. i sure as heck wouldnt sue any of my friends if i wrecked their bike or car and got hurt.

i personally wouldnt let anyone ride a bike of mine if they werent a very experienced rider. i have a hard time letting people that havent ridden a dirt bike much ride mine. much less a streetbike. i dont have a streetbike but if i had one i wouldnt.

greenmachine

Quote from: Lukeidiot on May 30, 2007, 08:46:09 PM
I've known brandon every since I was just a baby, thats about 18 years. I highly doubt he would even
think about sueing me.
When he gets hit with a $100,000.00 medical bill & loss of income due to his wreck & the bills start piling up & the creditors start calling. It only takes one comment to wash all that friendship away. His life is forever ruined or he could get a lawyer & sue for enough to erase the debt that will force him into bankruptcy & compensation to help him when he cant use his arm anymore. WHat did he do for a living? Hopefully not anything with labor or that will mean a change of careers which also costs money.
Good luck Luke & to your bud as well.
Remember if he sues your insurance, he isnt sueing you personally. Its all just a technicality.

2strokinIt

if he is the same age as you..I'm guessing he still lives at home, and his parents are going to look past the fact you two have known each other for 17 + years  when THEY get hit with a $100,00 medical bill...
Greenmachine was dead on....hes not suing you personally..

also at 17 I'm guessing you opted out of streetbike insurance???...it would be through the roof if you did have it...at 20 i got quoted like 4000+ a year? but i had a few points on my license..and that was the average quote...about 4 companies?

also...are you gonna have him pay for your repairs?or did you guys have some sort of agreement before hand?just wondering?