Rhino/Mule/Ranger style Restrictions

Started by rdam, May 24, 2007, 02:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdam

Where are the side by side style ATV's allowed to operate?  I'm considering purchasing one, but if they are severely restricted, I'll get two "traditional" ATV's.

Thanks

RD

Bleedsblue

Just about everywhere that an ATV can ride. No restrictions at all in Florida that I know of. Only place I can think of there being restrictions are some trail systems up north where they are took technical for a side by side.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

JackL

They aren't restricted anywhere I go. Heck, they are treated way better than 3wheelers, that is for sure.

If you live near Corbett, it is a good investment IMO.

http://myfwc.com/recreation/jw_corbett/default.asp

Perhaps some owners will chime in.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

redneckjetski

I THINK THERE ARE SOME SIZE RESTRICTION AT CROOM.
NEVER SEEM A UTE THERE. THATS THE ONLY PLACE I
KNOW OF THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN A UTE.

rdam

I'm in North Florida, close to Osceola National Forest.  Anybody aware of restrictions on the national forest lands?

400exstar

#5
Actually, you are mostly incorrect. In fact, I was out at the trails east of 19 and off of 445 in the new parking area for the 16 mile trail that used to me paisely free for all. The Ranger out there forced a group of about 6 Rhino style vehicles and some go cart style vehicles to leave. He said that an OHV is described as a vehicle that has a "straddle style seat" such as a motorcycle or a 4 wheeler. He said that the 2 seater go carts and the Rhinos did not fit that definition. The guys argued with the ranger who radioed his "superiors" and he was told that he is correct. The ocala national forest does not recognise Rhinos or any similar type of vehicle with a seat that is not straddled by the operator as an OHV and therefore is not going to allow them there any longer. They will only be permitted on "Mixed use" Trails and from my understanding most of the trails will not be designated as "Mixed Use". Of course I think this is a bunch of crap and I argued this point also. The Ranger was no understanding and forced them to trailer up and leave. He told them They could ride for the time being at Big Scrub but that would soon be unavailable to them also.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com