Honda 400EX with a "white" spark plug tip

Started by mongo, May 22, 2007, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

Here is my problem. I am getting a very white tip on my spark plug. What can cause this? I read where it is "lean" or " running hot". Anyone got a suggestion that I can try? I don't want to go turning screws or anything unless I know what the problem is (or isn't).

Mongo
Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!

450r91

Sounds like your running a little lean! You can either mess the with fuel/air fixture screw or go up a few sizes on your main jet! Also how did you determine that it is white( Run it hard and then shut it off or letting it idle?)