almost three years......

Started by NYRAPTOR, May 18, 2007, 06:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRAPTOR

well august will be 3 years since my family and i have moved down from long island new york. i took alot of cool pics since we've been here and figured i should post some. NYRAPTOR

Chuck_Norris

ran into many of them there spidy's while riding.

NYRAPTOR

some more

NYRAPTOR

and some more

cheropride

Ya know the alligators, and snakes don't bother me, but Florida sure has some of the ugliest spiders.  I have come across a few of them in the woods, and you're like oh my gosh....

Really cool pics.....

Welcome to Florida, me myself I am a native..... Can't go that far north, blood is too thin, I will FREEZE.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

NYRAPTOR

 :)

NYRAPTOR


NYRAPTOR

#7
last but not least, my old stomping grounds. the twins and the brooklyn bridge.

NYRAPTOR

thanks cheropride. ran into that spider while fishing the anclote river. new yorker for life, country boy at heart.

KB

NyRaptor,
I got a good friend that moved here from L.I. about 12 yrs. ago.
I think it's called Lake Ronkonkomo or somethin like that, he had a State park that backed up to his neighborhood & he would ride his ATC Tecate around there when he was younger.
He's in Tampa now, been doing A/C work,refigeration, walk in coolers & ice machines since he was a kid(3rd generation A/C Tech). He's real good at it to if you ever need an A/C man , company name is "Coolinheat"(Tampa)

Mrs.Nightbreed

Great pics! I was born here and have not traveled much. I really started to appreciate the scenery and weather here when we went to Las Vegas last week. It was SO dry and just plain depressing! No grass, no real landscaping...NOTHING! The clerk at the hotel was floored when I told her about all the alligators here  :D I was there for about 2 days before I really started to miss home :) I even missed the love bugs  :D

NYRAPTOR

lake ronkokoma, good bass fishing when it's not frozen. thanks for the hook up.

i hear ya on the homesick thing mrs. n. i love florida but i get homesick alot. we'll probably go up again this summer for a few weeks.

Ida_Mann

that sunset pic,,,,was that during a smoky day or hurricane-a-coming ;-)

with my last job I got to travel the eastern part of the country a bit,,,,,,I appreciated growing up and living in La Florida even more after coming home,,,,,except when coming in from Texas and going down I-10 ;-)

three years?   wow, great timing you had with the hurricanes huh?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

NYRAPTOR

hey ida, just in time for the hurricanes! the sunset was from my driveway last year. here's some old one's.

Ida_Mann

the above looks like the "purple Pit" about 5-6 miles North of Big Scrub campground.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

JackL

Great pictures! What camera do you shoot with?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

qt314nfla

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on May 18, 2007, 07:50:14 PM
thanks cheropride. ran into that spider while fishing the anclote river. new yorker for life, country boy at heart.

Great fishing the Anclote River.  That's where I go when I fish w/ my Aunt and Uncle.  Man I wished they lived closer.  Great pics.

NYRAPTOR

#17
thanks. i use my digital video camera for still shots. not easy to get clear ones.

you are correct ida.

the anclote cuts through our community. i sneak back there and ride sometimes but now they are building townhomes on it :(

2nd pic was my secret spot.

NYRAPTOR

underwater manatee pics. oops thats me  ;D ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

eldiablo64

I used to live near the anclote river not far from the power plant when I was younger.I'll tell you one thing that place was a rattle snake haven.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com