Post up your riding spot here, bring back trash bags.

Started by JackL, May 16, 2007, 05:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Glad Tat4U had some today, sad. I swear I saw an Indian with a tear in his eye today. Wait, that was me in the reflection of my instrument cluster.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

fishfry

JackL that is a good think you did. Why can't every one take there trash with them.
The state should put a deposit on cans and bottles like some states.
Most of the trash comes from kids that do not what to get cot with open cans of beer.
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

Justbilly

Its a good idea.  If everyone that went riding brought back one bag of garbage it would make a difference.

Ida_Mann

when I ride with my utility, I do take a bag with me and can usually fill it pretty quickly in ONF,,,,I used to do it with my other quads too.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

outtolunch

I ride on private property, however it is on a creek off of the blackwater river.  Last Sunday was the first time we were out there.  We had three big garbage bags full of beer cans and other junk, that we collected in less then four hours. 
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

mud.junkie

hey we do that everytime at holey lands.I'ts amazing there are at least 4 of us every trip to Holey lands and yet we still find so much trash. Although that is in the heavily populated areas out towards buggy bridge very little trash, opps holey is still closed can't wait for it to reopen

JackL

This picture came from my favorite spot out there yesterday, pretty famous as well, which was pristine until I started posting about it.
From what I hear, there were a lot of people riding out there and having a blast. This looks like only one group decided to use it as a trash can in reality. It just made me mad to see a bunch of crap like that pretty deep in the swamp, which I consider my second home.

It is filling up with water fast, yesterday was PERFECT. We went hog wild on the fresh slick mud.
The video is huge and needs some editing before I post it, I nearly killed myself, and my buddy thinks he broke a rib, but it was so worth it... :)

The Holeylands have been taking a lot of rain, I wonder if it is open again? I hope someone on here is checking, because i haven't had time.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

cheropride

Now come on, you know they are going to try and keep the Holey Lands closed for as long as they possibly can.  I would really be surprised if they opened it up anytime soon, I really would.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

JackL

Quote from: cheropride on May 16, 2007, 08:16:31 PM
Now come on, you know they are going to try and keep the Holey Lands closed for as long as they possibly can.  I would really be surprised if they opened it up anytime soon, I really would.


I don't think it is because of any hatred of us riders. It truly is a tinderbox out there. I rode it hours before it closed and it was dry as a bone! I was afraid to have a cigarette, and really had to stay out of the sawgrass it was so dry.
It is for our safety, and I have to agree with them on this one. I was in a tree stand when a sawgrass fire blew under me once, it was not my favorite event, it actually scared the crap out of me, and I don't scare easily. :)

I for one would not want to be stuck out there with a fire raging towards me, they can move very FAST!!!!!

We have had a lot of rain, but I doubt it has been enough just yet. macks is just starting to fill up, and if the daily rain stops it will get sucked up as fast as it came.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.