Should I Retire from Racing

Started by trx#9, May 14, 2007, 11:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindkaeta

Erik, I hope that you make the right decision about what you want to do.  I run the 30+ class, I would love for a rider of your caliber to compete against.  I know with a person of your skill level I don't have to worry about you taking me out.  It happened to me at dade on sat night.  I couldn't believe that riders of that age make such poor decisions.  Anyway I hope you decide to keep racing even if you are in a laid back class.  You are an asset to the atv racing community...   

HillKiller

  Hey Matt did anyone get any video of that?? ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

KB

Quote from: tony pitts on May 14, 2007, 11:46:38 PM
  P.S. nobody can  make up your mind for you and should'nt try.that should be your decision alone but you should not have to completely give up something you love just slow the pace down and enjoy the ride.

I don't race but I would agree w/above statement & pretty much everyone else's.

The main reason I replied to this is to warn you about pain killer's, I got some friend's who eat 'em like Tic-Tac's, I've seen how they look & feel when they run out of their prescription. Me myself, couldn't let anything get ahold of me like that, not saying that you would 'cause you said you don't like taking them which is good. Just be careful w/ them & maybe just take a break for awhile.
Good Luck w/ whatever you decide to do.

450R_Matt

Quote from: HillKiller on May 17, 2007, 11:10:56 PM
  Hey Matt did anyone get any video of that?? ;D

Nope. But when you land on the rear tire of another quad. You will eat sh!t... trust me  :S
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

KUADER

Hey Eric,


    Kevin here I know what you are going though. Its like should I race another year or will this be the year that you don't walk away from the crash? I've raced you to many times to count, but we're not getting any younger. I think I'm done racing quads. I'm selling my bike and getting a side by side (polaris razer). At least it has a roll cage.

310R_Dude

Quote from: 450R_Matt on May 18, 2007, 10:13:05 AM
Quote from: HillKiller on May 17, 2007, 11:10:56 PM
  Hey Matt did anyone get any video of that?? ;D

Nope. But when you land on the rear tire of another quad. You will eat sh!t... trust me  :S

See the part where he said "trust me"... you better. 

One of the worst crashes I remember is from landing on another quad.

Dan
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

hondajohn69

erik,i know you better than anybody.i think you should explore other types of racing as other people said.(xc,flat track)you are the toughest quad rider i know,anybody else but you had crashed at dade city like you did,they wouldnt be walking.YOUR JUST TOO DAMN COMPETITIVE!!!!!!TALK TO YOU SOON.

KFXracer13

Well Eric all I have to say is screw gettin' old!
Live Fast and Die Young.

Kyle McCulloch
#713
#713  ATP 450R
"The Champ"

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com