The bad was worth the good

Started by dreth, May 13, 2007, 07:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

This is how our weekend started.

dreth

where is Dale Jarrets pit crew when you need em? :D Is that Backinsaddle under there poking wholes in my tires ???

dreth

He was like a bulldog, all over that tire ::)

dreth

would you look at the whole he cut in that ???

dreth

All was forgotten just 5 miles later

dreth

lets not waste any time........Ryan this is Ethan...........GO!

http://media.putfile.com/holeshot-72



dreth


dreth

Took them out to a big loop so they could opne up their machines. apex 90 and a drr 90, they were flying

http://media.putfile.com/bigger--play-ground-SPEED

dreth

The kids had a blast! Ryan went through 2 tanks of gas in his Apex 90. Ethan was riding out for being on a new quad. Jake is a monster on his 70, he keeps going and going and going............maybe he's a bunny :D
Our families rode all day and hung out at night watching over the hedge. The next day we rode for a couple more hours. It was a great time for all and it was especially great watching the kids ride wide open ;)

backinsaddle

#11
Shawn, thanks again for the weekend...you're family gave my wife/kids a great new experience that will be in our memories forever...my wife's ready to buy a toyhauler ;D  You have a great family and we really enjoyed spending time with you...Ethan want's to know when he can hang with Ryan again!  Jake just want more pics of him   ::)

Pics and vids are great...can't wait to do it again.

For anyone that hasn't met Dreth and family, you're missing out on a great thing!

dreth

Here ya go Jake ;)

backinsaddle



dreth

im working on another one, give me a few ;)

Bigscrb15

looks like yall had a good time out there. we were just talking about wantin to get back out there.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

backinsaddle

my wife/kids reminded me we learned 3 new phrases this weekend:

"close the door, your letting the bugs in"
"it's not about the wins, it's about the friends" (Ethan's favorite now)
"never eat shredded wheat"

:D

dreth

Quote from: backinsaddle on May 13, 2007, 08:06:24 PM
my wife/kids reminded me we learned 3 new phrases this weekend:

"close the door, your letting the bugs in"
"it's not about the wins, it's about the friends" (Ethan's favorite now)
"never eat shredded wheat"

:D




funny what life will teach you when your not watching ;)

dreth

tell Jake that i have to work out the PC problem tomorrow  when tech support is open ;)

Chuck_Norris


backinsaddle

the vids don't do justice...these kids were flying...they had to be running close to 40 mph...they pretty much had the throttle pegged the entire way around the long loop

Ida_Mann

dudes, that place looks like fun,,,,,is it somewhere near home?

I ask because I'm probably headed down to your area on Tuesday to see a friend.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Guys awsome pics and videos. When I talked to Dreth I told Him I was gealous  just talking to him on the phone then I see the fun. Thats what its all about. Those kids were rockin on those minis I love seeing the kids having fun. They will have those memories burn into their minds for ever.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

backinsaddle

I'll say it again, time to get the drr/apex kids together...let's plan a weekend soon

Joedirt

Does not look as dry...very cool stuff.....heard about the Journey out there....Looks like Fun 8)
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Quote from: backinsaddle on May 14, 2007, 08:41:07 AM
I'll say it again, time to get the drr/apex kids together...let's plan a weekend soon

Yes your correct the ECP family reunion is a must! I just don't have any time till the rally!  I know they are going to have a blast at the rally we just need to be carefull  with that many people in attendance. We need to put a kids ride together at the rally?
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

backinsaddle

Quote from: BIGWORM3699   ( ECP RACING) on May 14, 2007, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: backinsaddle on May 14, 2007, 08:41:07 AM
I'll say it again, time to get the drr/apex kids together...let's plan a weekend soon

Yes your correct the ECP family reunion is a must! I just don't have any time till the rally!  I know they are going to have a blast at the rally we just need to be carefull  with that many people in attendance. We need to put a kids ride together at the rally?

I like that idea...Shawn and I raced the big loop on the kid quads...it was a blast...we should do that too, like a pit bike race for us big kids

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Quote from: backinsaddle on May 14, 2007, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: BIGWORM3699   ( ECP RACING) on May 14, 2007, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: backinsaddle on May 14, 2007, 08:41:07 AM
I'll say it again, time to get the drr/apex kids together...let's plan a weekend soon

Sounds great, But un fair Im going to have to loose some weight before the rally I have about 50lbs on you skinny boys. lol Tooooo much weight to power ratio.lol

Yes your correct the ECP family reunion is a must! I just don't have any time till the rally!  I know they are going to have a blast at the rally we just need to be carefull  with that many people in attendance. We need to put a kids ride together at the rally?



I like that idea...Shawn and I raced the big loop on the kid quads...it was a blast...we should do that too, like a pit bike race for us big kids
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

greenmachine

If possible, I would love to get my son out there with some boys like yours'. He has a DRX90 & it is black as well. For now it is stock. Are those 2 modded any? I dont have a hauler or an enclosed trailer, but I am willing to drive all day to be able to ride with you guys for my son. He is almost 9 & loves to ride fast as well. If you guys are riding again soon & dont mind 2 more, let me know.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

#30
More the merrier. The DRR is the new 07 version in stock form comes with a 24mm carb and better intake over the 06 version and the Apex is stock aswell. Both are super minis just the apex is geared more to the race side.  We would love to have you all along. :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

kawGIRL

Looks like a good time  ;)  Sorry about your tire Shawn  :o
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

greenmachine

Quote from: BIGWORM3699   ( ECP RACING) on May 14, 2007, 01:15:14 PM
More the merrier. The DRR is the new 07 version in stock form and the Apex is stock aswell. Both are super minis just the apex is geared more to the race side.  We would love to have you all along. :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Looking forward to it. I really like the idea of a group kids ride.

Ride1Rob

Man we missed out! Jam is gonna be upset when he see's those vids. With me spending on this money getting the truck fixed as well as daughters pool party, couldn't make it out. The way those guys are running, I may have to get Jam another quad to keep up.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

backinsaddle

Quote from: Ride1Rob on May 14, 2007, 07:36:26 PM
Man we missed out! Jam is gonna be upset when he see's those vids. With me spending on this money getting the truck fixed as well as daughters pool party, couldn't make it out. The way those guys are running, I may have to get Jam another quad to keep up.

Rob, wish you would have made it...Shawn said you were thinking of coming...would have been great to meet you again...you probably don't remember me, but we rode together on the speed ride in big scrub a couple years back, i think your pipe fell off your bike?  Shawn and I did a brief speed ride after bringing the wives/kids back to camp, it was awesome running hard for a change and fun as can be trying to keep up with him. 

Quote from: greenmachine on May 14, 2007, 11:38:06 AM
If possible, I would love to get my son out there with some boys like yours'. He has a DRX90 & it is black as well. For now it is stock. Are those 2 modded any? I dont have a hauler or an enclosed trailer, but I am willing to drive all day to be able to ride with you guys for my son. He is almost 9 & loves to ride fast as well. If you guys are riding again soon & dont mind 2 more, let me know.

i'd love to see a site kids "speed" ride.  there's some fast little guys out there, and they have a ball chasing eachother around.  we'll have to come up with a good location for all.  anyone have any ideas?

Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 13, 2007, 10:29:17 PM
dudes, that place looks like fun,,,,,is it somewhere near home?

I ask because I'm probably headed down to your area on Tuesday to see a friend.

Id@

near whose home?  this was private property that belonged to a friend of Dreths.  If you're in my area Tuesday (Ft Laud), send me a pm.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: backinsaddle on May 14, 2007, 10:11:56 PM
Quote from: Ride1Rob on May 14, 2007, 07:36:26 PM
Man we missed out! Jam is gonna be upset when he see's those vids. With me spending on this money getting the truck fixed as well as daughters pool party, couldn't make it out. The way those guys are running, I may have to get Jam another quad to keep up.

Rob, wish you would have made it...Shawn said you were thinking of coming...would have been great to meet you again...you probably don't remember me, but we rode together on the speed ride in big scrub a couple years back, i think your pipe fell off your bike?  Shawn and I did a brief speed ride after bringing the wives/kids back to camp, it was awesome running hard for a change and fun as can be trying to keep up with him. 

Quote from: greenmachine on May 14, 2007, 11:38:06 AM
If possible, I would love to get my son out there with some boys like yours'. He has a DRX90 & it is black as well. For now it is stock. Are those 2 modded any? I dont have a hauler or an enclosed trailer, but I am willing to drive all day to be able to ride with you guys for my son. He is almost 9 & loves to ride fast as well. If you guys are riding again soon & dont mind 2 more, let me know.

i'd love to see a site kids "speed" ride.  there's some fast little guys out there, and they have a ball chasing eachother around.  we'll have to come up with a good location for all.  anyone have any ideas?

Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 13, 2007, 10:29:17 PM
dudes, that place looks like fun,,,,,is it somewhere near home?

I ask because I'm probably headed down to your area on Tuesday to see a friend.

Id@

near whose home?  this was private property that belonged to a friend of Dreths.  If you're in my area Tuesday (Ft Laud), send me a pm.

near Sir Dreth, the friend I'd be visiting lives in the neighborhood near I-95 and Becker right on the canals.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

#36
Quote from: greenmachine on May 14, 2007, 02:55:06 PM
Quote from: BIGWORM3699   ( ECP RACING) on May 14, 2007, 01:15:14 PM
More the merrier. The DRR is the new 07 version in stock form and the Apex is stock aswell. Both are super minis just the apex is geared more to the race side.  We would love to have you all along. :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Looking forward to it. I really like the idea of a group kids ride.

Matt (chillin) had the best kids group ride last time. The only problem now is all of us would have to get all our bike registered to ride the forest which is 2 expensive just to have a kids ride. I know Dirtfarm would be cool or Bostwick just its a drive from the south end of fla.. Both have trails (small) and tracks just throwing out some ideas. 
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

dreth

I can probably set something up but its a money thing now. This past weekend was suppost to cost me $50 but it ended up at $1400 and i still have more damage to pay for to get everything totally fixed :( looks like close to 2k before its all over :'(

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

I think everyone can agree with the rising cost of fuel every time we plan somthing its on a tight budget lately. I feel your pain the extra stuff is now on the back burner dure to $. We can only do what we can do and try to ride when we can. We have cut back on our racing due to the money being low.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

backinsaddle

Quote from: Dreth on May 16, 2007, 07:14:39 AM
I can probably set something up but its a money thing now. This past weekend was suppost to cost me $50 but it ended up at $1400 and i still have more damage to pay for to get everything totally fixed :( looks like close to 2k before its all over :'(

ugh...you're kidding...do you want to see if we can repair?

koh0001

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. That's what this is all about !! ;D
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

dreth

Quote from: koh0001 on May 26, 2007, 11:25:45 AM
Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. That's what this is all about !! ;D





;)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com