Requirements for ONF riding

Started by Yamahonda41, May 30, 2007, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahonda41

I have just spent better part of an hour trying to figure out if I need anything to ride ONF this weekend.  Lost of posts on requiring stickers, etc.  Tried to find out more and this is what I got of the USDA Forest Service Website:

Heres the link, then click on "Off Road" - http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/passes/index.shtml#off_road

Off Road Vehicle Stickers
Stickers, passes or permits are not currently required for Off-Highway Vehicles. However, the Forest Service is in the process of changing some regulations that apply to Off-Road Vehicles. The need for education and regulation in this ever growing popular sport is necessary to protect natural resources and the right to utilize federal lands for recreational opportunities. Areas of use will change according to the National Forests in Florida Land Management Plan. Current Access Designation Process status is available on our Access Designation pages for the Apalachicola National Forest, the Ocala National Forest or the Osceola National Forest.


When you click the Ocala National Forest link it says "Page Not Found" - What the heck!!!???


2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

GrizzlyBear

You should have the green sticker on your ATV and carry copies of the registration and your driver's license.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Yamahonda41

Thanks Grizz, do I go to my local (Pinellas County) DMV for the green sticker?  I only have title for 2 of our ATVs.  Have Bill of Sales for all.  That enough?
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

IT200

Quote from: Yamahonda41 on May 31, 2007, 04:42:34 PM
Thanks Grizz, do I go to my local (Pinellas County) DMV for the green sticker?  I only have title for 2 of our ATVs.  Have Bill of Sales for all.  That enough?

   Yes go to your local dmv with the titles and bills of sale. The ones with bills of sale you will apply for a title and will receive them in the mail in about two weeks. However you will be given a registration and green stickers the day you apply. Be prepared to pay taxes on everything.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com