wats a good mud cleaning product

Started by miassmaro98, May 04, 2007, 06:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miassmaro98

hey guys my wolverine is white and has alot of mud marks that i cant remove with several degreasers and even two atv wash products.so wat has work for your atv's?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

dynodon

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

miassmaro98

simple green degreaser correct?any specific kind?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

hudson89

The best cleaner  is called Awesome.  You can buy it at dollar general or dollar tree. I buy it by the case.  We have  tried numerous cleaners and it is the only one that really removes all marks.  We paid six dollars a bottle for a cleaner to remove the black marks  from our rv and car hauler and it didn't remove anything.  Awesome removed ALL the stains.  Then Pig Spit...you can buy it at Walmart in the automotive section...is great for polishing.

miassmaro98

were can i buy this awesome product?does wal mart or publix seel it?and wats pig spit?is this a cleaning product?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

eldiablo64

awesome cleaner does a great job you can get it at dollar general or dollar tree
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

dynodon

Just the regular simple green, DONT get the simple green max !!!

Home depot, Lowes, auto zone will have simple green.
I have never tried the awsome cleaner on my bikes, although we do have it here at home.

Why mess with what I know works, I wont use just anything on my bike !!!!!
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

hudson89

Like I posted the Awesome is at dollar tree or dollar general.  The pig spit is the name of a product it cleans and polishes.  It will polish your bike to a brand new look.

dynodon

Quote from: hudson89 on May 04, 2007, 06:49:38 PM
Like I posted the Awesome is at dollar tree or dollar general.  The pig spit is the name of a product it cleans and polishes.  It will polish your bike to a brand new look.
So what your saying is the awesome cleaner strips the wax/finish off, Then you have to use the pig spit to shine afterwards, correct ????
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

hudson89

#9
It won't strip it at all, but it won't give you any shine either.  It's just like cleaning your furniture.  It doesn't get a nice shine if you don't use polish.

The awesome will get rid of your stains.  My husband  also drag races cars on a circuit that goes all over the country.  He has tons of the racers using awesome to clean with it.  There has actually been people at the track trying to sell it for five bucks a bottle.

klutchbuster400


kawGIRL

Simple Green SUCKS!  Get Greased Lightning, there is a topic about this already in the Tech Corner....do a search  ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

renmus

 ;D  We use Greased Lightning too.

Bigscrb15

i just pee on it, got amonia to clean it and I dont need to buy an expensive pressure washer.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

dynodon

Quote from: kawGIRL on May 04, 2007, 07:39:02 PM
Simple Green SUCKS!  Get Greased Lightning, there is a topic about this already in the Tech Corner....do a search  ;)
Funny, Bill A.K.A Chuck Norris stated in his thread " toy hauler" that he also used everything under the sun to try to clean his trailer and NOTHING worked except for simple green !
I use it for everything, and works great. Dont dilute it, use it full strength.
Put it this way, anything that will take the brake dust off from the aluminum rims on the super duty with out rubbing or damaging the wheel is the BESt stuff out there period
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Bigscrb15

Quote from: dynodon on May 04, 2007, 08:29:01 PM
...........anything that will take the brake dust off from the aluminum rims on the super duty with out rubbing or damaging the wheel is the BESt stuff out there period

does it really?? I hate cleaning my rims.  do you have to wipe the brake dust off or just spray it on and hose it off?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

fishfry

#16
The good stuff.

Simple Green

Greased Lighting

Purple Stuff  (I like to use on my Alum rims )

That all contain acids that can and will eat at your paint, this is what will fade your paint.
The bad thing is it works real good. Just remember, do not leave it on long and wash off real good.

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

FOREMANRON

I USE GREASE LIGHTNING O NMY MOTOR, RIMS, PLASTIC IT WORKS GREAT
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

kawGIRL

Spray it on small area like maybe 1/4 of the quad.... top then bottom wait 20 seconds and rinse ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Ida_Mann

white plastics,,,,,I used to use a brillo pad on my lt230 WAY back in the day,,,,,yeah it scratched the plastic, but who cares, it's white and noone notices the shine is gone,,,,,just white.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

JackL

You could use regular old rubbing compound for paint from advanced auto or wherever , and make it shine like new. I would use that over a brillo any day, if I were to actually wash my rig that is....

I say, clean out the radiator and ride the beast.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

so far ive heard of

orange hand cleaner
simple green
grease lighting
awesome spray(but i dont have those dollar store in miami)
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

JackL

Quote from: miassmaro98 on May 04, 2007, 10:59:13 PM
so far ive heard of

orange hand cleaner
simple green
grease lighting
awesome spray(but i dont have those dollar store in miami)


You saw all that but missed the brillo and rubbing compound?? You can't find a dollar store in MIA.
Man bro, you are having a bad day.

If you spray the entire bike down with WD-40, everything will just slide off when you get home...they sell it in gallon cans. My friends who keep their rigs in the garage tell me this anyway.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

jack i know we have alot of dollars stores but never seen a dollar tree store to find this awesome cleaner
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

Chuck_Norris

#25
Quote from: dynodon on May 04, 2007, 08:29:01 PM
Quote from: kawGIRL on May 04, 2007, 07:39:02 PM
Simple Green SUCKS!  Get Greased Lightning, there is a topic about this already in the Tech Corner....do a search  ;)
Funny, Bill A.K.A Chuck Norris stated in his thread " toy hauler" that he also used everything under the sun to try to clean his trailer and NOTHING worked except for simple green !
I use it for everything, and works great. Dont dilute it, use it full strength.
Put it this way, anything that will take the brake dust off from the aluminum rims on the super duty with out rubbing or damaging the wheel is the BESt stuff out there period

This is correct.... My wife and I used alot of different products to clean the toy hauler, to include comet and grease lightning. yes The lightning stuff did some what of decent job but it also burned the aluminum where the Simple Green did not. I have to polish the diamond plate now where I spayed the grease lightning..  I will stick with the simple green   

check out how clean it came

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,21605.0.html

dynodon

#26
WD-40 is what.......20.00 + per gallon ??? simple green is like 5 bucks per gallon.

Scrub, I dont srub at the rims at all, I just spray it on full strength, then hose it off after about 30 seconds, DO NOT let it dry !!!!!

Bill, Try the stuff called " whit diamonds" on the diamond plate. I found it at I-75 chrome shop. Thats what the polish shops use there. That stuff works like NO other !!!!!!
I used the simple green max on my brush guard(chrome) once, and it burned it pretty bad, BUT the white diamonds took it right off with no problems
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Joedirt

I use Greased Lightning....buy it by the gallon....I found Simple green dulls my Plastics....I used it on my Black Eiger and it would almost give it an ashy look.... :dunno.gif


What ever get the gunk off.... :ThumbsUp.gif
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

dynodon

Quote from: Joedirt on May 05, 2007, 09:57:32 AM
I use Greased Lightning....buy it by the gallon....I found Simple green dulls my Plastics....I used it on my Black Eiger and it would almost give it an ashy look.... :dunno.gif


What ever get the gunk off.... :ThumbsUp.gif
You must have let it set/dry on the surface????
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Joedirt

Quote from: dynodon on May 05, 2007, 11:17:13 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on May 05, 2007, 09:57:32 AM
I use Greased Lightning....buy it by the gallon....I found Simple green dulls my Plastics....I used it on my Black Eiger and it would almost give it an ashy look.... :dunno.gif


What ever get the gunk off.... :ThumbsUp.gif
You must have let it set/dry on the surface????


Possible....I would Spray it down.....get a beer....Lookit it over...drink the beer....get another....look at it some more.... :o ;D
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

kawGIRL

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on May 05, 2007, 07:51:34 AM
Quote from: dynodon on May 04, 2007, 08:29:01 PM
Quote from: kawGIRL on May 04, 2007, 07:39:02 PM
Simple Green SUCKS!  Get Greased Lightning, there is a topic about this already in the Tech Corner....do a search  ;)
Funny, Bill A.K.A Chuck Norris stated in his thread " toy hauler" that he also used everything under the sun to try to clean his trailer and NOTHING worked except for simple green !
I use it for everything, and works great. Dont dilute it, use it full strength.
Put it this way, anything that will take the brake dust off from the aluminum rims on the super duty with out rubbing or damaging the wheel is the BESt stuff out there period

This is correct.... My wife and I used alot of different products to clean the toy hauler, to include comet and grease lightning. yes The lightning stuff did some what of decent job but it also burned the aluminum where the Simple Green did not. I have to polish the diamond plate now where I spayed the grease lightning..  I will stick with the simple green   

check out how clean it came

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,21605.0.html

2 totally different situations ATV vs Trailer....no greased lighting does not work on cargo trailers, been there done that.  Liquid Comet does the trick for the trailer, BTW the best thing for awnings is the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers Sponges, the mold and dirt erases like magic ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

hudson89

Dollar tree locations

Ives Dairy Crossing
Dollar Tree    Miami Gardens, FL
19975 N W 2nd Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33169

Park Hill Plaza
Dollar Tree    Miami, FL
9525 W. Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33174

Seawalk Pointe Shopping Center
Dollar Tree    Hallandale, FL
2501 E Hallandale Beach
Hallandale, FL 33009

Concord Shopping Plaza
Dollar Tree    Miami, FL
11397 Southwest 40th Street
Miami, FL 3316

Miller Road Shopping Center
Dollar Tree    Miami, FL
9360 Miller Road
Miami, FL 33165


miassmaro98

Quote from: hudson89 on May 05, 2007, 12:07:42 PM
Dollar tree locations

Ives Dairy Crossing
Dollar Tree    Miami Gardens, FL
19975 N W 2nd Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33169

Park Hill Plaza
Dollar Tree    Miami, FL
9525 W. Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33174

Seawalk Pointe Shopping Center
Dollar Tree    Hallandale, FL
2501 E Hallandale Beach
Hallandale, FL 33009

Concord Shopping Plaza
Dollar Tree    Miami, FL
11397 Southwest 40th Street
Miami, FL 3316

Miller Road Shopping Center
Dollar Tree    Miami, FL
9360 Miller Road
Miami, FL 33165




thanks for the locations.but i have found my cleaning product, it's gojo orange hand cleaner.this stuff work like nothing else i have use.ohh and between simple green and grease lighting on the under fenders after being dirty for 3 months simple green clean it faster so simple green wins my vote
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

papahouse

Just cleaned mine with Mr Clean All Purpose Cleaner and it worked great!

FoxHondaRider

Scrub it with dishwasher detergent and use a power washer.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

mud.junkie

i use gunk engine cleaner and simple green

papahouse

It appears that there are several different choices but the bottom lines to all of them is a "Little Elbow Grease"

kawGIRL

Quote from: papahouse on May 07, 2007, 08:57:31 AM
It appears that there are several different choices but the bottom lines to all of them is a "Little Elbow Grease"

Not at all with Greased Lightning ;)  Just spray and rinse and they look new ;D
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

DVEGA07

Zep formula 4358.....knocks the mud rite off...

dnigels

I get my daughter to pressure clean them while I drink beers and tell her where she "missed a spot"!  Some elbow grease involved.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com