Any one ride on east side of Krome by Mac's fish camp

Started by Raptor700, May 03, 2007, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Quote from: papahouse on May 05, 2007, 11:03:15 PM
Forgot the pic


Looks like you would have been just fine out there at Macs with us this AM!!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Raptor700

Hi everyone. I went out to Mac's today with my son. We rode out from the boat ramp but didn't go far. We went to what looked like a dredged area. We turned around from there and snuck over to the east side for a spell. It has changed alot. The rock pits have moved way west from when I used to ride over there. I'm going to try riding off 8 street next time I go.
Thanks for the offer to get pulled around. Maybe next time.

06 BaNsHeE

DO NOT GO IN THROUGH 8ST AND 137.I have seen lots of people get arrested and get there bikes taken away.I used to ride there every day and night.One night I was just sitting there on my phone with my banshee and my friend on his banshee and a cop came and told us to get the F**K out before he arrests my "SORRY" ass.Then the next day they put up signs saying no tresspassing.

06 BaNsHeE

Just go in through the krome side.Its better anyways

JackL

Quote from: Raptor700 on May 06, 2007, 12:59:30 AM
Hi everyone. I went out to Mac's today with my son. We rode out from the boat ramp but didn't go far. We went to what looked like a dredged area. We turned around from there and snuck over to the east side for a spell. It has changed alot. The rock pits have moved way west from when I used to ride over there. I'm going to try riding off 8 street next time I go.
Thanks for the offer to get pulled around. Maybe next time.

Two guys I know took a pair of Raptor to that waterhole where the gator was and promptly got stuck bad. Unfortunately I couldn't go get them because I broke a CV out there and was too lazy to fix it earlier. I warned them...

How much more of the east side have they cleared anyway? The trees are rapidly disappearing..


EDIT: Had to extract them anyway. :)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Raptor700

I saw a bunch of riders going in off 8 street just south of the arches there is a dirt road going back into the woods from there. Thanks for the warning about 8 street 137. I'm getting so frustrated ( like everyone else) there is no place to legally ride any more. The rock pits are digging all the way up to the power lines and started demucking one spot on the west side of the power lines.
JackL your right its not worth riding over there but I had to see for myself.

JackL

Quote from: Raptor700 on May 06, 2007, 12:33:57 PM
I saw a bunch of riders going in off 8 street just south of the arches there is a dirt road going back into the woods from there. Thanks for the warning about 8 street 137. I'm getting so frustrated ( like everyone else) there is no place to legally ride any more. The rock pits are digging all the way up to the power lines and started demucking one spot on the west side of the power lines.
JackL your right its not worth riding over there but I had to see for myself.


I understand, I miss the East side a lot. I would have had to see for myself also.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Old Grizzly

Sorry for this dumb question but when you say the east side or west side does that mean of krome or of the dike ive never been there and want to make sure we dont get stopped by anyone.is the east side the side towards 8th street.Thanks for the help.

06 BaNsHeE

#33
when your on krome  and your going straight to macs its to your right.Assuming your coming from the micosukee(Spelling?)casino side.

06 BaNsHeE


Old Grizzly

im coming from 27.macs is on the right were too from there do you park on the dike then cross krome or just ride on macs side
Thanks

06 BaNsHeE


Old Grizzly

thats for 8th street right you can also ride on macs side is that where the boat ramp is?


JackL

When you pull in at the Macs sign, take the gravel road left, around the lock, There is a giant parking area where the boat ramp is. The alligator video and the other stuff came from south and west areas of the dyke entering from the boat ramp.

Standing on the boat ramp looking straight out over the swamp, the east side is on your left over Krome.

If you make it out to all the way to the fishcamp, you will find some rally fliers..:)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Old Grizzly

thanks for all the help hopefully ill be out with my son saturday.

JackL

Quote from: dndmicks on May 07, 2007, 11:40:47 AM
thanks for all the help hopefully ill be out with my son saturday.

If we are lucky, it will rain a few more times like last night and you will be able to do the Holeylands.

Far superior to Macs, especially when it does start raining. I'll bet that 1.5" rain that fell last night just made riding the boat ramp twice as hard.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Raptor700

I've never been to Holylands. JackL isn't it all Airboat country? Is there any trail riding for sport quads? I would like to go and see but if this place is not a good place for sport quads I wouldn't want to drive that far and not be able to ride. I'm glad we got some rain but now I have even less riding options. I wish I lived closer to Croom or we had a good legal place to ride down here.

hondarider450r

HOLRY IS AWESOME FOR SPORT QUADS ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE SPORTS AND WE LOVE IT U WILL HAVE A BLAST OUT THERE I CAN ASURE U THAT. MY FRIEND HAS A RAPTOR 700 AND LOVES IT
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

Raptor700

Cool!!! I'm on call for my job so I can't go this weekend and the mother day thing too. But watch out next weekend I'm going (if it's open) ;D

hondarider450r

ILL BE OUT THERE MYSELF IF IT GETS OPEN UP. SO SEE YA AROUND
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Raptor700

I just realized isn't the weekend after mothersday is when the rally is on 19th and 20th?
If so I guess I'll be out here the following weekend.

JackL

Quote from: Raptor700 on May 07, 2007, 01:42:41 PM
I've never been to Holylands. JackL isn't it all Airboat country? Is there any trail riding for sport quads? I would like to go and see but if this place is not a good place for sport quads I wouldn't want to drive that far and not be able to ride. I'm glad we got some rain but now I have even less riding options. I wish I lived closer to Croom or we had a good legal place to ride down here.

Oh no, Macs is the airboat country!! That is why it is great to ride right now, even in this major dry time it is still thick out there. I should post pictures of what it will look like out there in another month or so. :)

LOL, even I am not man enough to tackle that boat ramp on an ATV, air boats only in only a few more weeks....I HOPE. :) As much as I like running out there on an ATV, it needs to be deep and wet or we are in trouble in the city....big time.

You will LOVE the Holeylands on a sport quad, it takes longer to get real deep out there as well. Much larger accessible riding areas. The link in my sig has some links to info on it, If I get time I will update it with even more.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.