5 Gal. gas cans - CHAMPIONS YAMAHA OF LEESBURG SUCKS

Started by Smoknbanshee, April 28, 2007, 05:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

Where is the best deal on purchasing the 5 gallon fuel cells that most of the drag racers use?  Part Unlimited wants 40 each for them, and that seems high to me, unless they went up in price just like everything else.  Thanks in advance.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Ida_Mann

I got my last two at American Motorsports in Orlando near Lee Road and 441.

I think the price was $32 a piece then about $7 for the nozzle.

So about $40 sounds right to me,,,,I'm sure there's a cheaper way to go.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dreth


dynodon

Yep, Thats what I pais for mine too. ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

FLA.SHEE

got mine at the gator nationals $ 25 w/ nozzel but thats A year away now...I was going to load up  but the suburban we were caravaning in  hit A deer on the way, so we squeezed in A toyota & it would only fit our four, in the trunk know yhis doesn't help thought I would share... they were from the VP guy might hit them up?

2strokinIt

you bought 5 gallon  vp race jugs with nozzles for $25!?!?!what a deal..those are the most expensive jugs I've seen around..without a nozzle!

I bought mine at team Savage in Clearwater about 2 years ago for like 34...its a Jazz Jug/with the nozzle

Smoknbanshee

Does anyone have ATP's phone number?  I wonder what he sells them for?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Totally shocked.  I was just going to call Champions Yamaha in Leesburg because they are right next to my house.  Jug is 25.99 and nozzles are 6.99 so 35 total.  Since they are so close to my house I am just going to pick them up there.  Thanks for the replies.
Smoke
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

tribal_shee

yeh smoke that's what I paid for mine down here ;)
'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires

Ida_Mann

407-880-3171

dang,,,,$35,,,,I gotta get me some of that ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

badcompanyron

I'll check tomorrow smoke, but the last ones I bought were $25.00 with nozzle.  Been a while, but my source keeps prices pretty stabe on all his work and fuel.  I'll get back with you on it tomorrow.

Mrs.Nightbreed

Regular 5 gallon fuel jugs? we have 2 red ones here. 30.00 with the spout.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on May 02, 2007, 01:39:08 PM
Regular 5 gallon fuel jugs? we have 2 red ones here. 30.00 with the spout.

ummmmmmm, I guess I gotta take a look at them,,,,comeing up in a month or so, they should be tax free right?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Smoknbanshee

called them on monday and they said 5 gallon can was 29.99 and the nozzle was 5.99, so I figured 36 dollars was a good deal.  Go there this afternoon and the can is 36.95 and the nozzle was 6.50.  The guy at champions yamaha that quoted me the price told me that is the sticker price and the old gas cans were 29.99, but the new gas cans were on back order and went up in price.  So needless to say, they won't stand behind the prices they quote you on the phone, and they still have all 4 gas cans that were on the floor when I walked in there.  Won't ever buy anything from them, as long as they are in business. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on May 02, 2007, 01:39:08 PM
Regular 5 gallon fuel jugs? we have 2 red ones here. 30.00 with the spout.

Mike, these are the square 5 gallon cans with the screw tight spout?  Just like the normal racing jugs?  Where are you guys located at?  I can have my wife or dynodon swing by and pick them up before IDA gets there.  LMFAO.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Mrs.Nightbreed

Yeah thats fine. We will be here late this evening. We leave for lunch but are here all day otherwise.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on May 02, 2007, 09:32:09 PM
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on May 02, 2007, 01:39:08 PM
Regular 5 gallon fuel jugs? we have 2 red ones here. 30.00 with the spout.

Mike, these are the square 5 gallon cans with the screw tight spout?  Just like the normal racing jugs?  Where are you guys located at?  I can have my wife or dynodon swing by and pick them up before IDA gets there.  LMFAO.

better get em before tomorrow if I have a good morning and feel like shopping ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dynodon

I go through there area about 6 am, and can wait for them to show up............ Anyone want to see the " fat boy" face off ( from Viva la bam) ?????
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

FLA.SHEE

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on May 02, 2007, 09:29:11 PM
called them on monday and they said 5 gallon can was 29.99 and the nozzle was 5.99, so I figured 36 dollars was a good deal.  Go there this afternoon and the can is 36.95 and the nozzle was 6.50.  The guy at champions yamaha that quoted me the price told me that is the sticker price and the old gas cans were 29.99, but the new gas cans were on back order and went up in price.  So needless to say, they won't stand behind the prices they quote you on the phone, and they still have all 4 gas cans that were on the floor when I walked in there.  Won't ever buy anything from them, as long as they are in business. 


I'll bet you told them that too  :o

Smoknbanshee

didn't tell them anything except that they would be keeping the gas cans I had in my hand.  i let my actions speak louder than words when it comes to bull$hit like that.  don't tell me a price over the phone and when i get to the shop tell me another price.  that don't jive.  my family has owned and operated a family business for 15 years and I know good business practices and the first one is sell what you advertise, basically be honest.  you make a mistake, you lick your wounds and go on to the next thing.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Ida_Mann

Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 10:08:37 PM
I go through there area about 6 am, and can wait for them to show up............ Anyone want to see the " fat boy" face off ( from Viva la bam) ?????

yeah, well I,,,,uhhh nevermind,,,ya got me ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Smoknbanshee

naw, Ida if your going there tomorrow you can have them.  just let me know if you don't get them, because i will have my wife go by there next week or have don pick them up for me. 

Mike/Melissa, can you get me a price on (2) clear one's with nozzles.  No rush on getting them.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

dynodon

Yeah, Didnt ya like the " fat boy" face off ?????
I wont be there that early, I wouldnt want to get shot at over some cans !!!!

Anyway, Ida, if ya get them first, No worries ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Ida_Mann

hehehe, bad day,,,,take em, I'm not shopping today.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Smoknbanshee

hey ida, i have already pmed melissa and i am going to have them order (2) white ones for me.  so they will still be there when you get around too it.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

mongo

www.pitposse.com  I just bought two 24.95 each with a filler hose. They have red white and blue if I remember right. They are online or they have a shop in ST. Pete
Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!

dynodon

Those are only 2.5 gal jugs !!!!! That would only make about 5-6 passes, then we would be out of alky------ NOT good.
thanks for the post though ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it