12,000 Acres FOR SALE

Started by papahouse, April 17, 2007, 03:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papahouse

I saw 12,000 acres for sale on 441 south of sr60 last week. I know there are several groups looking to purchase riding areas and here is a great location. I would be interested in investing in an area like this and to help develop it. I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in doing the same.

JackL

Quote from: papahouse on April 17, 2007, 03:22:53 PM
I saw 12,000 acres for sale on 441 south of sr60 last week. I know there are several groups looking to purchase riding areas and here is a great location. I would be interested in investing in an area like this and to help develop it. I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in doing the same.


FWIW, I saw that months ago. The price must be very HIGH.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

digginfool

Let's assume you could buy that land at even $3,500/acre.  You are looking at $42,000,000.00 and it's not a very safe assumption you could touch that land at that price; probably closer to $10-15,000.00/acre, which puts the price over $120,000,000.00.  Every man, woman and child member of this forum couldn't scrape together enough money and, even if they could, they wouldn't want to turn it loose for a riding area.  You would have to be able to make a return on that kind of investment. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

indianjoe

They are asking $144,000,000.00 .....just a few dollars.

duroc825

Why not tak proseeds from Dirdygirls at da dunk tank and we buy us up sum o dem acrras?

papahouse

Guess I will do a little more research

Bigscrb15

only $844,000/month payments.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

indianjoe

BigScrb15, you can handle that can't you??? ??? ???

Bigscrb15

Quote from: indianjoe on April 17, 2007, 07:52:41 PM
BigScrb15, you can handle that can't you??? ??? ???

Well according to my financial advisor, the status of my current portfolio suggests that while it may be possible to make this monthly payment, I would have to work another 25 years without spending a dime to get that 1 payment made. Thats pretty sad. lol. Makes you realize just how much  money $1million is.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

randyz


renmus

Hey Da Mtg Man is looking for people who need a good clean rate.  Wonder what he could do on that mortgage? 

Bleedsblue

Even if you could afford the property you would be assuming that you could actually ride on it.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

mainetoo2005

Why doesnt the state buy it with all the money they have been collecting from us for titles? But of course if the state owned it they would close it to humans...