I just picked up a....

Started by jimmyt14, April 08, 2007, 09:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyt14

1978 RM 125
I just picked one up for free.It wont start...the guy said the cdi box MIGHT be bad.It hasent been started in 6 months and the guy went to start it and it just flooded out.He said he cleaned out the carb and everything so that shouldnt be the problem.He said the best way to start it is to push start it.Its a total fixerupper but it might be worth it if I can get it to run.I dont no much about dirt bikes so can someone please give me some advise I would really appreciate it ;D
07 Camo BRUTE FORCE 750, bi/tri claws on itp ss106's

00 trx 300 25'' bugs sittin on c series 4
wheels, audio pipe, snorkeled airbox and lines

99 foreman 450.SOLD!!!finally!!!

TRX450R_Racer

If it will start by push starting, it more than likely has low compression and needs a top end.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jimmyt14

I dont no much about cdi's but I'm thinking it'l push start easyier because it doesnt have enough spark to kick it over.But then again I dont no what I'm talkin about..
07 Camo BRUTE FORCE 750, bi/tri claws on itp ss106's

00 trx 300 25'' bugs sittin on c series 4
wheels, audio pipe, snorkeled airbox and lines

99 foreman 450.SOLD!!!finally!!!

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on April 08, 2007, 09:08:56 PM
If it will start by push starting, it more than likely has low compression and needs a top end.

BINGO!!! TRX hit the nail on the head...I raced in that era and every third race same thing!!

MadMudder

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on April 08, 2007, 09:21:18 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on April 08, 2007, 09:08:56 PM
If it will start by push starting, it more than likely has low compression and needs a top end.

BINGO!!! TRX hit the nail on the head...I raced in that era and every third race same thing!!
X2
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

digginfool

I remember my '78 RM125....  Powerband that was 20 feet tall and 2 inches wide.   :o  I finally sold it after hurting myself on it too many times.  Went to a 1980 CR250.  Loved that bike, even though it was still a twin shock (the single shock was only available on the 125 at that time).  Good luck if you get it running.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com