anyone ride at swamp ghost in orlando?

Started by amp, November 28, 2004, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amp

hey, i was just wondering if anyone rides at swamp ghost?

LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

ripraff


amp


LTZ400ApK

think he's talkin about the old sea world mudhole

ripraff

oh okay,thanks , ya i know where that is but have never been there.

PredaGator

I used to 4wheel trucks out there when i lived in Orlando. On Sundays there used to be many,many trucks out there playing in the mud. I have not been there in years. I heard some of it has been closed off and/or developed but I am not sure. I would be interested to know if you can still ride there.
The location is off of International Drive,near Sea World and 417.
2005 Polaris Predator

ucfneed2ride

I would definitley like to ride there. I have heard different things. Some people say it is not there anymore and some people say it is. If it is there i would be down to ride!
-UCF
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

same here,,,,I'd love even a small spot near orlando to go, say late in the afternoon during the week.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LTZ400ApK

It's still there ive been playin in the mud and riding out there since 1995  its not as big as it used to be but still there myself and a few friends went out there 2 months ago and rode

amp

well it's still there and you can ride trails or mud as much mud as you would like. me and my son ride there when we don't have time for holopaw or onf. i have been going there since 1976 and it is quite abit smaller now then it used to be of course I-drive wasn't there and central florida parkway was a one lane dirt road named old taft vineland rd. but i like riding there. it's hard to find somewhere to ride in orlando. 8)

ucfneed2ride

wow, well thats good news! Im sensing a possible group ride someday!
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

rjoyce24

I was out there this past sturday night.  It's still open, I heard that it had shut down too, but apperently not.  we weren't the only ones outy there either.
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

ucfneed2ride

How big is this place? I mean if i go lookin for it am i gonna find it?
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

rjoyce24

It's pretty big,  There are two parts though split up by a creek that you really can't get through.  The big side is nice, and it's pretty esay to find.  If your going down I-drive from 528 you'll pass a 7-11 on the right hand side right after that it'll turn to 3 lanes and you'll see a place to turn around go across and jump the curb and you'll be in the small part which can be fun because it's got hills you can jump and stuff.  To get to the big part go past that turn in a little ways you'll pass the hotels and stuff and you should see what looks like a road going back there make a u turn and jump the curb to get back there.  I don't know what kind of shape that entrance is in but becarfull.  Then if you go past that entrance you'll see a concrete road alot of people park there and unload, lots of soft sand that way though.
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

ucfneed2ride

How are the cops out there? Im sure they dont like people hoppin curbs too much. I have a utility so i wouldnt be doing much jumping, which one has more mud?
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

rjoyce24

Never had any problems with the cops.  The bigger side has more mud.  If you don't want to hop curbs the paved part you don't have to jump a curve.  But if you go in there it goes in and turns to soft sand and you have one hole to go through.  Usually alot of cars park there and get there friends in trucks to drive em in.
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

amp

hey guys, this place is owned by 300-400 different people it would be impossible to charge you with a trespass. me and my son ride it almost every sunday and if any of you guys would like to meet us out there we can show you some mud and water riding. also we ride with two sheriffs out there.

ucfneed2ride

Sounds great...can i get back there with a trailer?
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

amp

yeah we have a 14' trailer that we haul our Arctic Cats on.

Brute_Dog

Hello All,

New to the site !!! Great information on the available riding areas. Reside in Clermont and willing to get out, get dirty, and get lost on the weekends ( Job Permitting ). Just finished breaking in the new Brute Force and looking to enjoy Florida ATV Journeys. When is the best time to ride the swamp ghost area ?? Thanks for the info,
2005 Brute Force

amp

we usually go out in the mornings around 9:00am and ride and then around 1:00pm we go to the mudhole and watch the trucks for a while

Brute_Dog

Amp -

Thanks alot - might be heading out there this weekend if I don't go back to ONF. Went to Big Scrub this weekend, what a blast. Took me three days to clear all the dirt out my orifices....... Little dry out there this time of year !! Lots of whoops and trails. Can't wait to get out there during the rainy season. Take care and have fun.
2005 Brute Force

Ida_Mann

Quotewell it's still there and you can ride trails or mud as much mud as you would like. me and my son ride there when we don't have time for holopaw or onf. i have been going there since 1976 and it is quite abit smaller now then it used to be of course I-drive wasn't there and central florida parkway was a one lane dirt road named old taft vineland rd. but i like riding there. it's hard to find somewhere to ride in orlando. 8)

CFP??? did you ever ride near the area of Central Florida Parkway and John Young?  I used to ride with some people that we would ride out there all day then start a campfire and watch the fireworks from Sea World.

We could stop and take a rest on the bridge(now CFP) going over Shingle Creek.

man, those were the days, especially when they started the clay mountain for the John Young.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

QuoteAmp -

Thanks alot - might be heading out there this weekend if I don't go back to ONF. Went to Big Scrub this weekend, what a blast. Took me three days to clear all the dirt out my orifices....... Little dry out there this time of year !! Lots of whoops and trails. Can't wait to get out there during the rainy season. Take care and have fun.

dont worry about rainy season,,,,it starts getting dusty out there about an hour after the rain stops.

ONF can only be two ways,,,rainy or dusty ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

is it mostly mud out there?  I don't take my quad in the mud unless forced to, and mostly like trail riding, or pits.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

novadave

ive been out there past 2 weekends .there are some trails and a sandy area.its not bad
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

rjoyce24

how is it for trucks to get back there to unload?  I use to be able to drive to where the trucks play, but just want to know if you can get back there with a 2 wheel drive. Also does any one know about this place that's in lake mary.  I heard it's off of Rineheart Rd. and I saw people riding there today when i was going down I-4 looks like alot of Fun.  
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

rjoyce24

any one going to sea world this weekend?
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

Ida_Mann

nope, but I might be visiting tomorrow during the day, I'm playing hookey.

I gotta ride.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

amp

i will be there on sunday. do you have a utility quad? i have an arctic cat 650v2 4x4 i can show you some water riding, but not to deep.

LTZ400ApK

who all is going this sunday maybe ill join?

Ida_Mann

LTZ knows what I got, but it's a sport quad that doesn't like mud ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

rjoyce24

I got a utility atv but it's only 2x4.  I try not to take it in anything too nasty.  But i think i am going to go out ther sunday, i got to do some work to it tommorow so im going to ride sunday to make sure everything is ok.
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

amp

my son rides an arctic cat 250 2x4 and i don't go anywhere he can't go. i will be out there early around 8-9:00am til 12-1:00 pm maybe i'll cya out there.

rjoyce24

Well i got out there about 1:00   I could of used some help though  I got buried in pure muck.  I had to use my ramps to get out.
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

superstar


felix_z-4


blueyfz450

TEXTSOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME DIRECTIONS FROM FT LAUD FLA FROM T-PIKE OR 95 ???
YAHAMA CREW

rjoyce24

does the 528 run into 95 not to sure.  if it does take that west towards orlando.  Get off on the International drive exit.  It's the last exit before I-4.  turn left and go towards sea world.  YOu'll past sea-world.  You'll come to a 7-11 it'll open up to three lanes you want to get in the far left lane. After that you'll pass the resorts a stuff then you'll see a road on the left hand side that looks pretty traveld take that and your there.
Let's get a little mud on the tires!

Brute_Dog

Anyone ever ride this location at night time ?? Explored about 3 hours today, not a bad little place to get down & dirty !!! Enough mud to give you all the trouble you want. Let me know about the night thing .
2005 Brute Force

metalhead048850

i am going out to swamp ghost sat night to break in the new trx 450r been going for years

apkkfx400

To answer the question about riding at night-just don't get
stuck-seen some pretty damaged vehicles when getting
stuck and not removed the same day.  First time out there-
'bout 8mo. ago saw a late model Dodge Durango stuck
in a mudhole-really had no business playing in-but the front
doors were bent forward, windows busted out and alot
interior damage other than water.  If you do get stuck I would
plan on staying the night with your vehicle/quad.  When we
ride out there we usually leave about 6-7a and head out
anywhere from 2-4p. About 5-8 of us ride out there
on the weekends! Don't recommend staying the night-i.e. in a
tent-by yourself-ALWAYS LOCK DOORS AND SECURE BELONGINGS!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com