Anybody interested in a trip to the dunes?

Started by digginfool, March 21, 2007, 10:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

I dream of riding Glamis but it's awful hard to justify the 6 days of travelling (round trip) for 4 days of riding (not to mention getting the time off from work, school, etc.).  The nearest real dunes are in Oklahoma.  How many people would be seriously interested in planning a trip to Little Sahara in Waynoka, Ok?  I'm thinking maybe sometime in October?  The beauty of the place is you have everything you need, right there next to the dunes, including race fuel.  I know it's got to be better than Croom, Holeylands and Ocala mixed together.  Dennis? Frank? Juan?  Any of you other nuts out there?   ;)  If I can get the right crowd together, might even leave the wife and girls home.  Can't leave Austin home, though.  His Apex would be awesome in the dunes. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

bmd11

Isn't that in the Northwest corner of Oklahoma? That could be a possibilty, but probably next year for me... all of my vacation time is accounted for.
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

sykolincoln

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

digginfool

Silver Lake Dunes is probably a little bit closer but it is only 1/3 the size of Little Sahara, not to mention very restrictive.  There are 2 campgrounds, motels and other rentals right next to the park you can ride out from.  Plus, there is a grocery store and gas station right on the grounds as well.  Very convenient place to go.  I would probably go right now except Oklahoma is not the best place to be this time of year (unless you want to live the real life version of the movie Twister   ;D  ).  I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going in October.  It would be fun to make it a group event.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

2strokinIt

I live right outside of Tampa and dont have a group of friends or anyone to ride with locally...let alone take a trip...It would be great to take a trip out there....I for one would definatley be interested....but i found this http://www.stjoestpark.com/joomla on another site...might be worth reading if you are planning a big trip

2strokinIt


yfz122

Quote from: sykolincoln on March 22, 2007, 10:26:47 AM
what about silver lake dunes in michigan?
I grew up not far from that place. It is awesome. Better have a quiet ride.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

greenmachine

From what I have read about Silver Lake is no pipes & no young kids & must have safety courses. In Glamis you just get a weekly pass for your tow vehicle & you are good to go. Loudness doesnt matter out there. One day I will ride there. When my son turns 10 I am hoping for a Glamis Trip, by then I will have an enclosed trailer & an F250 diesel to pull it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com