Where to find flags to ride in Holey Lands?

Started by alex821, March 15, 2007, 12:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex821

I'm planning on heading there this weekend but my friends said they were giving out tickets to people with the wrong size flags last weekend.  I've gone to every place around town, ATV dealer, Pep boys, bike shops, Target, Walmart, etc.  No one has the right size flag to ride.

Does anyone know where to buy the flags?  Is there somewhere online?

I have a small triangle flag I bought from the bike store but my friend had one and they still gave him a $65 ticket because it was too small.

Thanks for the help!
-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"

Cory1020

try rockymountain atv (rockymountainatv.com). We went out there 2 weeks ago, we didnt know we needed flags until we got there, so we rode without them. No one gave us a problem. Also try dennis kirk.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

TRX450R_Racer

I think someone posted that Competion Cycle in Dania has the proper ones.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ynot0323

What size flag must it be ?!?!

I bought one of the bicycle triangle flags, which i was told by an FWC officer, that would work, as long as it is mounted 6 ft above seat height..

Please let me know.. I do not want to get a $65 ticket next time i go out there..

THANKS,
Tony

TRX450R_Racer

I think they must be a 10X12 rectangle, not a triangle.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Found this

Quote from: pelele on February 13, 2007, 06:36:28 PM
anyone on broward county that needs flags... you can get the two piece flag for $17.00
Is called competition cycles in dania beach fl.
954-920-7275

And this

Quote from: AintSkeered on February 13, 2007, 05:47:53 PM
Keeter, your buddies Steve and Alex rode the next day, Sunday. They claim FWC's same Officer Friendly was NOT ticketing anyone for triangular flags. He really is a nice guy, showed us pics of alligators eating Pythons, etc.. But, he's also the ultimate Officer thingy, when you're breaking the law. Few warnings.  You can buy the 10x12 rectangular flags @ Holiday Park for $8, but, you'll need to use your old flag stick. 
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

DVEGA07

Last sunday and Fwc officer was going around telling everyone the flag has to be 10X12 rectangular.
and that soon they were going to start giving fines......

HVYHLR53

I haven't yet had a problem with the triangle flags. I think that If you don't draw attention to yourself (IE, speeding, donuts etc), you will be OK. I was at competition last week looking at their overpriced tires and ran into the little flag stand, they now want around $30 each. I guess supply and demand....right?

Like aintskeered said, get a flag from Holiday Park and use your old stick if you have one. If you don't have a stick.... go to radio shack and buy a cheap fiberglass CB antenna with a mirror mount, add the flag and attach it to you rack.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

pelele

yes i had posted that competion had them... last one i got was $17.00

If you have a pole already you can get yours personalized at www.dwflags.com

and yes they need to be 10x12

If you dont have this size you'll get a ticket sooner or later.
04 RAPTOR 660R CHAMELEON
03 LT-Z400 YELLOW

www.atvmiaxtreme.com
www.raptorforum.com
www.z400central.com

[url="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg"]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg[/url]

JackL

Man I lost the top half of my 10 x 14 the other day out there. I got a bicycle one at walmart for $3.99.

I'm thinking of making the 10x14 from red ducttpe or a little stars and bars.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

mud.junkie

I've been using my triangle flag with the rebel flag flying underneath and most of the FWC guys like that. Just a thought, so i have more than what hey want

muddnutt

Holiday Park sells the rectangular flag not the pole for 9 bucks. Thats on US27 and Griffin Rd. which is like 20 to 25 mins south of the Holey Lands.

LINK500

Do they need to be orange or will any 10x12 flag work.

norm686

you can find the flags at the sawgrass rec center on the way to the holeylands

LTR450 994

the citgo gas station off us27 and griffen sells them also

FORD4X4GIRL

I have ordered custom ones from Devil Woman Flags here's the site ....



http://www.dwflags.com/store/
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

JackL

Got a flag at the Sawgrass rec center yesterday. Damn flag only was $12.99. They also have poles FWIW, for more $$$

i should have gone to Holiday park. :)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

dirtycruiser

Any color will do????????   If their insisting that we use flags why wouldn't they insist that we use the most recognizable color, bright orange...  I guess their more for show? Than safety.....
2009 Renegade 800r X
2007 Outlander 800 Max LTD
27" Mudlite XTR's on ITP 14" SS212, SS106 rims
Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance

renmus


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com