getting ready for albany

Started by yesitsfast, March 28, 2005, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesitsfast

 just wanting to know if anyone was trying to plan a trip to albany sand dunes. we are getting a group together from panama city beach just wanted to see if some others would to join?

Hollywood

When? I might be up for that trip.  ;D
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

yesitsfast

  hey man if your from jacksonville we need to plan a trip to the lapaha. its not that for of a hike for ya and its awsome. we are thinking middle of april for albany.

yesitsfast

 bigg pimpin! the 400 sounds pretty stacked you and my buddy can get together when we ride. it sounds like yall are about the same on the wheelers

YFZ450AndyH

Where are the Albany sand dunes located?  Thanks.

yesitsfast

 hey andy. it is albany GA located about an hour an a half from valdosta. really fun place to go always i good turn out when we make the trip. let me know if you need more info i will send you a map.

Hollywood

I guess you mean the Alapaha River(Jasper) we ride there very year just waiting for it to dry up and I'll be there every weekend. Thanks! Yea the ole EX runs pretty good.  ;) I could use a map as well, I used to have one but not sure where I filed it.  [smiley=Confused.gif] Just let me know when and I'll try to make it.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

yesitsfast

 good deal man i know i that the alapha is flowing but its a great place to ride. i use to live in madison fl and it was only 20 mins. from the house and we would get pretty crazy over there. now i live in panama city beach and we live by the intercoastal water way and it sand dunes for miles and miles and now that hunting season has passed we can ride out there. i will get that map to albany on here today.

YFZ450AndyH

Thanks for the info, Yesitsfast.  

yesitsfast

 not a problem andy. where is Debarry fl at so i can get you the best directions. another question man have you raced many of the 450r if so how have they turned out?

jbbj220

yesitsfast, where do you ride the duns at in Bay Co? ??? I live in east Fl. but go over to Ft. Walton Beach aera quite often as my mother lives over there. I have wanted to bring my quad but have been told there is really no place to ride around there. Let me know where you ride and maybe we can hook up sometime. When are you going to Albany? ??? I might like to tag along if I can work it out. [smiley=drive.gif]
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

love_to_roost

Yes its fast,You live in West Bay? Hey I,m from Panama City
orignaly.I used to ride the Intercoastal for years but the cops
were running people out of there.So we quit going,A old riding
buddy of mine said last year you had to be in a lease to ride
in West Bay.We were going to check into it but never talked
to him much after we went to Ocala ride last year.Anyway I
havnt ridden much last 6 months .But if there is a way to get
back riding on the intercoastal.Let me know,the stuff I sell for
a living is great for bribing people.Bigg Pimpin can say I bring
the party with me
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

yesitsfast

 hey man sounds great if you want to tag along to albany we are kinda just waiting for my motor to get back from trinity racing so i can through it in and we can head to albany. places to ride over here are nice we have port st joe. the intercoastal which goes from st joe to mobil AL. clay pits, etc. just let me know some dates when your coming and we can get on the phone and roll out. and where do u live now or what is it by.

yesitsfast

love to roos! hell yea man i actually live in panama city beach we are riding right off sidecamp if your coming from 79 but some buddys live out at the west end by wild heron so we come in threw there. thats great to hear your from pc. we are riding this weekend so lets get up. the lease is 300 a year and you can only ride when hunting season is out but the people riding wheelers out there have been real nice to us hear lately so we all go out and have a good time. get back with me

love_to_roost

Man that would be the best 300 i,ve spent all year.If my brain
is working right sidecamp road is on the north side near mush
room hill?Any way I would kill to go this weekend but Ive got
to get some loose ends done this weekend.Going to the Keys
on Vacation the following weekend.There was about 20-30
bikes that I rode with every weekend when we rode the south
side of the Intercoastal in Walton County back 6-7 yrs ago.
Sounds like you guys run some serious hardware out there.
Ive got to some tweaking on my old bomb to get it running
right.I wish Roy was still at the Yamaha shop.He was probably
one of the best bike guys in Bay County.Sorry having relapse
of old days.I see a ton of bikes in Bonifay never had chance to
tallk them though.
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

yesitsfast

 nah man i know who roy is. the have done alot of remodeling at the yamaha shop it looks real good.now mushroom is on the north side we can ride there as well.we take our trucks out there alot and wheelrs. this is the south side we ride mostly on. steel field is the north side road. before the west bay bridge. we have also made a few trips up to ebro to ride those clay pitts but cops have gotten pretty particular about it.  

YFZ450AndyH

yesitsfast, Debary is almost directly between Daytona and Orlando.  Im right off of I-4.  How big are these dunes?  Thanks.  AndyH

YFZ450AndyH

yesitsfast, I havent raced anyone as of yet.  I just got the quad a couple of weeks ago.  Ive only done some riding near my house so far.

wakulla ram

#18
yesitsfast, have you ever been over to the tallahassee springhill rd pits? it's pretty cool over here and we have alot of people show up from all around... you should come over and try it some time? i have a friend that lives in pc and he comes over here almost every weekend. and what about you, lovetoroost... when are you coming back? a few weeks back we went to the pits in overstreet and am planing to go back in 3 weeks. and i'm down for a trip to albany.
2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.

yesitsfast

 whats up sop choppy (j/k) had a friend who live there and and we would call him that. yea man i know where your talking about i have got a cousin who lives in bainbridge and we go down there and your right always a good turn out

yesitsfast

 whats going on andy. i know where your at know. be sure to let me know how it turns out with your first yfz and trx race.one of my friends has the yfz and one has the trx and its always the back and forth( problay cause ole boy on the yfz cant ride) these dunes gett pretty intense. they are by the intercoastal you will look at some an be in ahhhhhhhhhhhh. ;D

YFZ450AndyH

Yes, I know we all sound like broken records on here with this question, but are the dunes legal to ride?  

Sounds like lots of fun to me.  

yesitsfast

 yea man they are lega long as your on the lease or with someone who is on it

love_to_roost

Damon I will be back shortly I just bought the house while
back and doing stuff to it.Plus got some extra duties at work
I'm gonna tinker with the bike this weekend.Put a stock
jetted carb from nightbreed.I put it on but when you crank
it up runs wfo.I think the floats are stuck from setting too
long.Anyway if I can get it going when I get back from the
keys I'll be around.If you ever get the chance to go ride at
West Bay it is the sh*t.It is miles better than riding at StJo
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

yesitsfast

u da*n right love to roost we are headed out there right now i will let yall now how it goes in the morning   ;D

yesitsfast

well this weekend was great a good saturday and sunday ride on the south side of the intercoastal.love to roost were ready when u r so come on.

yesitsfast

well this weekend was great a good saturday and sunday ride on the south side of the intercoastal.love to roost were ready when u r so come on.

dirty2


yesitsfast

yea i would say that is some journey. i would like to plan a road trip that way though.i hear theres alot to ride

EVANSTURF

Yesitsfast Where is there to ride near you? I live in tallahassee and have a couple of guys i ride with that are on the northfloridaatv site. Do you have pics of the places
HOnda 400ex Tag X5 bars, UMF Air Scoops, ShockWears

yesitsfast

i man i will have some pics for you on monday. we are going out there all this weekend.that awsome you live in tally. i go over to bainbridge all the time my cuz lives over there and we ride albany alot. and i am origanlly from madison which is about 45 mins from tally. so i will get some pics this weekend for ya

love_to_roost

Dude I gotta get a carb for my bike other I put on was gone
Was digging around on E-bay saw some for decent prices.
Will get one when I get  back from vacation.
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

yesitsfast

i feel your pain man. i got to get some for my damn raptor and its going to be 1300 for the cr flatside but its going to make a world of difference. hit me back when u get back from vacation.

wakulla ram

yesitsfast, are you going to the pit in overstreet this weekend? we're going this saturday...
2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.

yesitsfast

 hey wakula. nah man i dont get to go that way that much anymore but we ride in st joe often you oughta meat us over there. its pretty fun

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com