Holeylands Sunday, March 11

Started by digginfool, March 05, 2007, 06:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

We'll be out there for sure this Sunday (even if I have to leave the whiney ones at home   ;) ).  Let me know if you're going. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

pelele

Hey im getting the wifes bike fixed.... i may go... i will let you know!!
04 RAPTOR 660R CHAMELEON
03 LT-Z400 YELLOW

www.atvmiaxtreme.com
www.raptorforum.com
www.z400central.com

[url="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg"]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg[/url]

snowmanzz13

most likely, with our without the polaris
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

FIVE-O

[url="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg"]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg[/url]

LTR450 994

was there on saturday late afternoon into the night, what a mission to get back to the levy from 6 miles out south of it during the night..lol




this was just the begining. we got stuck about 5 more times after the sun when down..lol

TRX450R_Racer

That doesn't look like fun. If that place wasn't so muddy I would go. The one time I went and we picked up the garbage was enough for me.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

digginfool

Hey Frank, you gotta give it a chance.  When we rode on the clean-up ride it was still pretty early in the season.  I was out there today with Thrumud and some of his friends and as long as you pay attention to what's in front of you, it's not too bad.   We rode for many miles today on the south side without getting into any mud.  It wasn't until we headed out into the north side that it got sticky.  It's not too hard to stay out of the mud, but you never leave there without some kind of mess to clean off your bike.  The area is best done with a 4x4 but as the dry season goes on, the riding just gets better for sport quads.  Pelele and MXRaptor7R, you guys are crazy going out that far at night on sport quads.   :P  We had a good time out there today but it was crazy down by the bridge.  We were riding out at the pump house. 

It was good seeing you out there Dennis.  Too bad it was so late in the day before we finally hooked up.  Give me a holler if you guys plan a ride.  We'll definitely have to do the SE/RR thing.  I'll be in touch.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

pelele

Quote from: digginfool on March 11, 2007, 08:43:14 PM
Pelele and MXRaptor7R, you guys are crazy going out that far at night on sport quads.   :P  


well it wasnt something that we planned.......
The night caught us out there

Quote from: MX Raptor7R on March 11, 2007, 03:58:27 PM

this was just the begining. we got stuck about 5 more times after the sun when down..lol


well after we got his out... the sun was down..... and it really was hard to get out of there cause you couldn't see the right path.
04 RAPTOR 660R CHAMELEON
03 LT-Z400 YELLOW

www.atvmiaxtreme.com
www.raptorforum.com
www.z400central.com

[url="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg"]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg[/url]

FIVE-O

Quote from: MX Raptor7R on March 11, 2007, 03:58:27 PM
was there on saturday late afternoon into the night, what a mission to get back to the levy from 6 miles out south of it during the night..lol

Rene, I'm glad you made it back OK. I was there Sunday, I have never seen it so dry, but then again, we were out during the day   ;).  Hit me up if you're going this weekend, or maybe Seminole.
[url="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg"]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg[/url]

digginfool

If you guys are going to be out there again this weekend, I might join you.  I need to do a weekend out there without the family so I can stretch out the Rappy's legs.   ;D  Let me know!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

snowmanzz13

maybe if we have more then 2 bikes ready, we will, the ds is waiting on a new flywheel and the polaris, well, it's waiting on a lot
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

prnstar123

I was there sunday. I thought it was pretty dry for holylands standards. I rode my yfz 450 and had a blast. Except that fact I did flip once:L and my stupid flag kept falling off. :banghead.gif I was going slow and hit some mud over the bars i went, kinda funny. I rode the south side of the levy. If anyone on a sport quad is thinking about going i would say -GO!!. Just stay on the south side and stick to the main trails. If you do see any mud ride around EVEN IF IT LOOKS DRY, but yes some small patches you can go right over it with speed. :R oh ya make sure you bring a drink with you out riding if you can. It gets hot out there.
2005 yamaha yfz 450 (favorite toy)
2002 yamaha r1 (custom)
1999 Honda cbr 900 (stunt bike)
2004 Honda crf 50 (trick bike)

JackL

Its dry as a bone out there. I wanted to ride all they way to I-75.I-595, Alligator alley.
It would have been easy today. Check my thread in where to ride for the pics.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com