River Ranch. Awesome place to ride.

Started by Vegas, April 11, 2005, 12:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rode River Ranch for the first time this weekend.
 
The place is huge and for the most part, WHOOP FREE!
 
Don't get me wrong, I love Croom and Ocala National (Big Scrub, and Delancy) but River Ranch was, in my humble opinion, far better.  
 
Once you get past the first mile or so of burnt out and littered campsites, the riding is AWESOME!
 
I highly recommend it.  30,000 acres plus, of open riding without all the whoops of Ocala and Croom.
 
River Ranch is ideal for utility quads as it has flat hardpacked trails.
 
I ride a 450R which sucks up the whoops of Croom and Ocala, and I couldn't imagine riding a utility quad at either of those places.
 
But River Ranch is perfect for flat out smooth riding.
 
Give it a shot if you haven't already.  
 
 

bftclub

ok,,would be nice,,but invite only.........not worth the time!have asked about purchasing before,,now people are talking about state getting involved with their politics

Vegas

bftclub:

If you want to check it out let me know.  My friend will throw you an invite.  We're always looking to meet new riders, if you have a friend bring 'em. (We can have 4 riders per trip)

It's like 20 bucks if you don't own land there.

Let me know.

Vegas

P.S. The rumor about the state taking the land has been around for the last 20 years from what I understand.

I'd be buying a deed if I could find one that was available.

bftclub

cool,thanks for the info and possible invite...mostly appreciate the reply,,most people only care about themselves..thanx

prnstar123

2005 yamaha yfz 450 (favorite toy)
2002 yamaha r1 (custom)
1999 Honda cbr 900 (stunt bike)
2004 Honda crf 50 (trick bike)

qt314nfla

I don't agree w/ you that people are in it for themselves.  I am new to this site.  I have been invited openly by many to ride with many of them.  I have been welcomed everyone I've met riding.

Vegas

prnstr:

You pick the weekend.

We may have you spring for the steaks or the frosty cold beverages.

Let me know!


SIDE NOTE TO ALL WHO READ:  I grew up riding in NJ where there are a ton of places to ride believe it or not. But here in FL there seem to be a limited amount of places to ride legally.
I extend this offer to all because for the most part, everyone I've ever met while riding, has been cool. I like to turn people on to new spots to ride, and I think that should be a common bond among ATVers.  

Peace out!
V

dc8driver

Hey qte...

Where you the girl we met with Sheldon/Thrasher on the night ride?  I was on the Sportsman600..
It was a good night ride...

qt314nfla

QuoteHey qte...

Where you the girl we met with Sheldon/Thrasher on the night ride?  I was on the Sportsman600..
It was a good night ride...
Yep that was me.  First time ever riding on back.  Would have rode myself but did some damage to the bike on the Friday night ride.  Picks will be posted of the culvert and what not soon.  There's a pick of the damage a tree did to my bike in there too.  If I post it.

bbf


prnstar123

Quoteprnstr:

You pick the weekend.

We may have you spring for the steaks or the frosty cold beverages.

Let me know!


SIDE NOTE TO ALL WHO READ:  I grew up riding in NJ where there are a ton of places to ride believe it or not. But here in FL there seem to be a limited amount of places to ride legally.
I extend this offer to all because for the most part, everyone I've ever met while riding, has been cool. I like to turn people on to new spots to ride, and I think that should be a common bond among ATVers.  

Peace out!
V
Sounds like a plan!!!! ;D I'm Available ANY weekend for this..
2005 yamaha yfz 450 (favorite toy)
2002 yamaha r1 (custom)
1999 Honda cbr 900 (stunt bike)
2004 Honda crf 50 (trick bike)

J.D.

Well said Vegas , Much better attitude than hush hush ...people around here are just scared of loosing what little they have left . Riding should not be the sport of kings"$" But there is a good chance of it happening in Florida. I have had some suprising demands pm'd to me  lately ...I do not agree but I understand ! UNITED WE STAND !!!
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

qt314nfla

I had a great time last weekend.  Can't wait to go again.  Night ride was very good.

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteI had a great time last weekend.  Can't wait to go again.  Night ride was very good.

I heard that Friday night was more of a sit in the mud hole for 4-5 hrs rather than an actual ride.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

SoFlaEiger

i would like to come up and check it out sometime if someone could invite me :)  How far is it from Broward County?

qt314nfla

#15
QuoteI heard that Friday night was more of a sit in the mud hole for 4-5 hrs rather than an actual ride.  ;D
Friday night was a mess, interresting though.  Didn't get back to camp till 5am.  I'll have pics on here soon.  But Saturday was great.

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteFriday night was a mess, interresting though.  Didn't get back to camp till 5am.  I'll have pics on here soon.  But Saturday was great.

Thats Doug for ya, He aint scared of no mudhole. The only thing that worries me is that I had to winch him out of that same spot one night 2 weeks earlier. The only difference is we had a bull Gator grunting at us.
God I love that place.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Now that would be scary.  I'll have to tell you sometime what I did when I went to get help.  You'll get a laugh.  It was scary when I found out more info on where I was.

MuddyGurl101

State is always trying to take more land. The have the power but the people will fight and probably win. Deeds can be cheap you have to know where to get them. Most of the land can be purchased for the back taxes the previous owner owes still.
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

mainetoo2005

3500.00 was average at the last tax deed sale.

otto

I recently purchased a lot in RR through a real estate broker in Lake Wales. I paid about $1700 and the process was easy. The broker sent me a contract. I signed it and sent it back with a check. A few weeks later they mailed me the deed. The broker's name is Ginger Farmer and her company is Flagship Realty. I emailed her recently and she said the price is up to $2500. Ginger's phone is 863-676-7653 and email is honey1964@worldnet.att.net

I hope this helps.
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

MuddyGurl101

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

Vegas

I went ahead and bought a deed for River Ranch.

I put 4 people on the deed.

We each chipped in 750 bucks for the deed and the yearly fee.

Now we have a place to ride in Central FL for the rest of our lives.

Taxes are like 60 bucks a year divided by the number of people on your deed (You can have up to 4 people on your deed)

The yearly fee is 50 bucks which allows you to bring in your significant other and yourself, your kids ride free if they're under 16.

I checked these deeds on ebay, and they are going for as high as 4000.00 dollars and rising.

The tax auction has them selling for over 4 grand.

And if the government decides they want to pay for the land to be surveyed (each individuals deed would have to be surveyed by the government on the over 30,000 acres), they would have to make offers on each individual parcel.
Worst case scenario, it will be worth more than we paid for it in a few years if we ever decide to sell.

I'm psyched to tear it up out there.


Peace out
V.

MuddyGurl101

It's totally worth it as an investment or a camp!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

semperfi13

i would like to come up and check it out sometime if someone could invite.  ;) how far from pembroke pines.... 8)
1986 atc 200
1987 fourtrax 250
2004 honda 90
2005 Viper 90R
2005 Honda Rancher AT 4x4