I have resigned !!!

Started by Chuck_Norris, February 28, 2007, 04:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_Norris

Today will go down in history for the day I have walked away from FORD Motor Co. Ever since the Late 80's and early 90's I have been involved with the repair and service of Ford vehicles.  I have pondered departure with the recent developments inter-company for the last few months. The right opportunity came available to defect and I acted. Several things have contributed to my decision. some of which are very obvious others are shared with close co-workers that are also members here ie Bigworm3699, BigR & JayZ. Fella's thanks for all the memories I wish you well and we'll see you on the tracks.
As for me, I start a new career with O'Steen Volkswagon.  Who Said an old dog can't learn new tricks.... LOL


     

Fox17

that pic is the funniest pic i ever seen. roflmao! finally saw the light huh.

gery350

i feel yer pain brother. i quit my job 2 weeks ago to try and open my own shop. for now i will be renting a piece from my uncle shop. zero customer base for now but hopefully not for long. butthats a whole nother story.

good luck on your new venture and after 40 years of life i am finally realizing you have to watch out for number one. ;)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

dreth


cheropride

Best of luck to you.....

My husband pondered switching jobs, and he finally did.  He is so happy that he did!  I'm sure you will find the same!
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

1FasterBlaster

   I feel ya too.It's a very hard work state now.I have switched careers numerous times.That's what you have to be able to do these days is be versatile.Good Luck!!

Hoosier Daddy

Geeez... theres always one....
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Mrs.Nightbreed

Good luck on you new adventure! Speaking from personal experience, sometimes the scariest decisions are the best decisions you ever make. There is plan for everyone even if it may seem ludacris at the time. I trust that everything will work out great for you  :-*

dynodon

WOW , I am SHOCKED !!!!!
But, you have to do whats BEST for you and your family, as that is Number 1 !!!!!!

Good luck on your new venture bill, I know everything will work itself out just fine !!!!! ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

VForcedave

Nice Move. You will not regret it.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Honda328i

I think you did the right thing doing it now.  I just heard today from my sources that employment recruiters will NOT be accepting any resumes from Automotive industry people.  I think they are preparing for the flood from the bleeding of Chrysler, Ford and GM layoffs.  Best wishes to you Bill with your new position, God Will bless you if he opened the door  :)
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Smoknbanshee

hey bill, congrats on the move, i know if your doing it, it is the right thing to do.  hope all works out, which i know it will because the lord is always watching over us. 

now where am i going to get all my inside information from?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Da_Mtg_Man

VW has diesels? lol....
Good luck brother, There is no doubt that a person like you will land on their feet in full stride.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chuck_Norris

#13
Yo GreenMachine where did your post go? I read your reply and was pondering on a response, being that thinking about what you say is usually the best option. That being said, I respect your choice of words but let me kick off these big ole Reebok's for you to walk a mile in my shoes. If there was anyone who bled blue, that would be myself with my current inventory of FORD vehicles ranging from 2 Classic Mustangs to F-Series Trucks and late model Sedans,I am vested when it comes to You questioned my choice of picture used in the post, I'd ask you to look at it in a different light, something a little more positive as I did when I posted it. I laughed when I saw it just as many Brand X owners(Yunt-2) may very well have.  They say the best commentators to have are the ones who have played the game. FORD has been my game for many years. Sure FORD has issues but what company doesn't. Fords Problems are more spot lighted. Nothing in my Post was directed at anyone inparticular and certainly being offensive  was not my intent. Provided you can still stomach my humor ;D :J I look forward to riding with you in the near future
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on February 28, 2007, 09:42:46 PM
hey bill, congrats on the move, i know if your doing it, it is the right thing to do.  hope all works out, which i know it will because the lord is always watching over us. 

now where am i going to get all my inside information from?
mocking the  H&R Block comercial "I have people"

Quote from: dynodon on February 28, 2007, 04:03:20 PM
WOW , I am SHOCKED !!!!!
But, you have to do whats BEST for you and your family, as that is Number 1 !!!!!!

Good luck on your new venture bill, I know everything will work itself out just fine !!!!! ;D
Thank  you sir. Hey by the way I could use some cabinets for my toy hauler let talk later when I get settled in

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on February 28, 2007, 09:49:22 PM
VW has diesels? lol....
Good luck brother, There is no doubt that a person like you will land on their feet in full stride.
I actually own one and at 48-52 mpg I am well pleased. I just have to figure out a way to get it to tow my toy hauler now ;)

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on February 28, 2007, 03:54:39 PM
Good luck on you new adventure! Speaking from personal experience, sometimes the scariest decisions are the best decisions you ever make. There is plan for everyone even if it may seem ludacris at the time. I trust that everything will work out great for you  :-*
You know Melissa early on I had to over come a little anxiety with the choice but the more I pondered upon the new challenges and benefits that are coming with the position it subsided.  The change will also allow me to spend more time with the family which constitutes RIDE TIME and that is one area I certainly would like to revisit. 

dynodon

You have my number give me a shout anytime !!!!
I thought the "logo" was humorous myself, And YES to the others, I am a FORD person.
  Again, BEST of luck to ya, I know its the best decision that has been made !!!!!! ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

KAW3604x4

Good luck to ya, Bill. Another FORD owner that thought that image was hilarious.... ;)
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

4fittyr

farfignugen diesel power   if thats how its spelled   lol  good luck
if u can't be good be good at it

Bigscrb15

and those VW diesels just sound a gas engine with a slight valve knocking. they are super quiet. mike i bet 50% of the new passats you pass are diesel, they all say TDI on the back.  good luck on the new adventure bill! i will send some prayers that god will take care you and your family as you transition.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

lugnuts

well I dont know you but I do wish you the best with your new adventure I think you will be just fine and will keep you and your family in my prayers after 17 years in the shop with chrysler I have been think of calling it quits as well

steve
2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

yunt2ride

Good luck on the move there Bill. I did think the picture was funny. I am Chevy now but I would have to say that Ford did build a good truck in the 60s and 70. I actually like trucks like this.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,20267.0.html

PS. Sherry likes the hutch and stuff.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: yunt2ride on March 01, 2007, 02:33:19 AM
Good luck on the move there Bill. I did think the picture was funny. I am Chevy now but I would have to say that Ford did build a good truck in the 60s and 70. I actually like trucks like this.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,20267.0.html

PS. Sherry likes the hutch and stuff.


Glad to hear that Yunt

bigscrub79

#21
Hey Bill have they release the supercharged turbo engine yet? I had heard talk about it being in developement and was interested if they went through with it and how that thing runs, like a bat outta hades im sure. I wish you the best in your transition.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: bigscrub79 on March 01, 2007, 03:18:26 AM
Hey Bill have they release the supercharged turbo engine yet? I had heard talk about it being in developement and was interested if they went through with it and how that thing runs, like a bat outta hades im sure. I wish you the best in your transition.
i'll look into it and let you know

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

What up! Had to go and tell every one. But thats you ;).

   Dont let him fool you he still bleeds blue he had to leave cause work has slowed down FORDs are not breaking as much any more :ThumbsUp.gif so had to go where work was :P.

  I will miss my bro at the old compound the pranks wont be the same and the stuff on my desk wont get super glued down. Hey by the way any wierd vibrations in the old truck?
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Fox17

Quote from: BIGWORM3699   ( ECP RACING) on March 02, 2007, 01:37:43 AM
What up! Had to go and tell every one. But thats you ;).

   Dont let him fool you he still bleeds blue he had to leave cause work has slowed down FORDs are not breaking as much any more :ThumbsUp.gif so had to go where work was :P.

  I will miss my bro at the old compound the pranks wont be the same and the stuff on my desk wont get super glued down. Hey by the way any wierd vibrations in the old truck?



so he goes to work at a volkswagon dealership? hmmmm. dont add up. i think your wrong......  :o ::) :P :-*


Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Fox17 on March 02, 2007, 03:14:58 AM
Quote from: BIGWORM3699   ( ECP RACING) on March 02, 2007, 01:37:43 AM
What up! Had to go and tell every one. But thats you ;).

   Dont let him fool you he still bleeds blue he had to leave cause work has slowed down FORDs are not breaking as much any more :ThumbsUp.gif so had to go where work was :P.

  I will miss my bro at the old compound the pranks wont be the same and the stuff on my desk wont get super glued down. Hey by the way any wierd vibrations in the old truck?


nah those  guys  just lack a sense of Humor, I have to work hard at breaking the funny bone. not to mention their super clue is real good. Who said the pranks were done, it just takes a little more effort ;)  vibration in the ole truck went away after what was zipped tied to the drive shaft fell off at hwy speeds ;)

so he goes to work at a volkswagon dealership? hmmmm. dont add up. i think your wrong......  :o ::) :P :-*