PALM BEACH COUNTY NATUAL AREA -WHAT A POLITIACAL SCAM

Started by MATT1969, June 24, 2006, 11:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

I see signs on the North side of the Bee-line, just West of PGA. Suppose that will be the start of opening up all that area on up to towers. You know it is only a matter of time before Pratt Whitney road connects to the B-line(South)
All that land on the North side of the B-line all the way to C-18. Perfect place. Blanket it under the Mark T Scmitt law and it would be protected from developement. Way better to have some trails through woods than decimated and turned into a stupid gated community. With a golf course no doubt!  :D
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

The towers/squares, aka Hungryland Slough Natural Area, has changed quite a bit. The roads and canals have mostly been removed and it's a wetland now. Not sure if Seminole Pratt is still going through to Beeline, as I think that was in the Scripps plan. Time will tell....... I was hoping Mecca Farms would be considered for an OHV & Skate Park but I think I have a better chance of winning the lotto than that happening.

MATT1969

I just noticed the natural are off 110th in the acreage is being toe down,I'm not sue if this is for state road 7/441 or more targets and shopping centers.I'm sure Glad we have all these natural areas for the wildlife.i just hope they dont mind concrete and buildings.i still find really hard to believe nobody has questioned how all this land eventually gets developed and its supposed to be a preserve.that really sucks.

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

MATT1969,
Only the 441 extension is going through that area. A berm and fence is also going in to help keep wildlife from going into the road. I'm not used to seeing this area in it's current condition.......

suzukitrash

I am a native to palm beach county and feel that Florida has been ruined and is nothing like it used to be.I miss the days of going to the place you are talking about or as we referred it as the Okeechobee woods. At one time you could go anywhere and find woods or a place to ride or just hang out. I could name 10 places easily that were acccesible 15 years ago that you could ride or just hang out with all your freinds."In Palm Beach County". Now all the kids can just go to the mall and hope they do not get shot. It is so sickening how everyone is just worried about putting money in there pocket. It is so out of control!

Inyourdraft2000

I was raised in WPB and moved up here to Lakeland 7 years ago. Started out as a great idea but even this town is getting over populated.
But as the topic was started concerning riding areas here is another plug for MAY 19TH  ATV Rally in Lakeland located at the Quick Trax behind USA International Speedway.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,21562.0.html
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

mudnuri

I'm with you suzukitrash. What really burns me up is the people who don't understand that a lifestyle was wiped out in South Florida. They say un-nerving things like "this was unusable swamp before we drain it and built on it." Or "If it wasn't for us, you would still have nothing but woods and swamp."
I liked that lifestyle. Now the hustle and bustle from the North is here and there is nothing you can do about it. More of them than you and they get into  political positions and sleeper our state away to whoever can line their pockets. People try and sugar coat it with all kinds of BS.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i