last thing to get whats the best chest protetor to get

Started by gasgasguy, February 26, 2007, 08:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasgasguy

whats the best bang for the buck when it comes to getting a chest protector thanks

sykolincoln

go to some dealers and try a few on, theres all kinds, its best to have one that feals comfortable to you, I run a thor scattersheild it was cheap and when I have it on I rarely even remember its there, and it was cheap to boot, but I am thinking up upgrading soon though, but dont know what.
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

HillKiller

   I prefer the under the jersey style of chest protector, also known as body armor. Last I checked Rocky Mountain carries a brand called Nemesis for about 80 bucks including elbow pads and a kidney belt. Dreth uses one and so does Hoosier Daddy. Just my 2 cents...
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

HondaATC

I've been wondering about those under jersey protectors. The over the jersey type ones have always bothered me because they do (sometimes pretty severely) limit your range of motion and prevent you from looking around when your helmet hits the shoulder guards. What exactly are they made out of? I've seen a few before but they were more just like a big foam pad and didn't look like they'd actually protect you from any hard hits. Is there a big hard plate in them or how exactly is it setup?
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

HillKiller

  They have ridgid shoulder pads, chest pads, elbows, and also on the back. Everything is held together with a stretchy mesh-like material. Some are sleaveless but mine has arm protection as well.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com