Are rhino's allowed?

Started by dirtyface, November 03, 2006, 10:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyface

I was thinking of buying a Rhino. Are they allowed on the new trail system?

Thanks :)
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

GrizzlyBear

Everywhere but the atv & motorcycle trails only.  I own one, and I love it.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

dirtyface

I was just doing a little more reading and saw that you drive one Grizzley. How many trails are there that are not marked atv only? Is there alot?
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

GrizzlyBear

Currently over 100 miles, and phase II is another 97
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

AmericanRobster

So Rhinos are not allowed on the atv trail system?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

GrizzlyBear

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on November 03, 2006, 11:07:39 AM
Everywhere but the atv & motorcycle trails only.  I own one, and I love it.

Only a small section of the trails are NOT rhino friendly
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

mulemedics

I have a Kawasaki mule 610.  are the UTV trails decent or are they just straight, flat roads????
2012 Polaris ranger crew

AlterEgo

Can anyone offer some clarification on this? Heading to ONF with a few Rhinos and ATVs and was checking out the rules: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/OCAOHV2pgBrochureOct2006.pdf

The OHV brochure for ONF states:

"What are the equipment, registration, and license requirements
on the OHV trails?
No vehicle can exceed an overall width of 50 inches. "

Yamaha's site specs on the Rhino:

"L x W x H   113.6" x 54.5" x 73.0""

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50

GrizzlyBear

The Forest Service is not enforcing any restriction on Rhino's.  They are becoming a major form of recreation, and as the State has not classification for them, they are allowing them.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

CYCO

Do you have to have a sticker on the Rhinos.  I went to get a sticker for mine and after getting the run around, sent back to the dealer then back to the DMV, was told no sticker would be issued because Rhinos and such do not get titles.  Although a friend received a sticker through the dealer when they bought theirs.  If I use my Rhino in the forrest will I be ticketed for no sticker?  :banghead.gif

MedicMudder

I would love to know if any one knows what the fine is if you do not have a sticker
on your quad,in the ONF? Can some one find out and make a post.,PLEAZZZE!!!!
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

GrizzlyBear

No stickers are required for Rhino's as most of the State offices will not title them.  Those that are titling them are because dealers are just registraring them as Yamaha atv's
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com