640 Acres of trails

Started by dirty2, April 14, 2005, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirty2

to go every other weekend with 700 other bikes

Thanks

Eworm

That is pretty big. If set up properly with whinding trails could be more than enough space.

NPRVinson

Well Croom is 2600 ac. and it seems small and on the weekends it's even smaller.

AintSkeered

BadLuck Praire is only a part of the 60,000 acres @ Picayune Strand State Forest. We were riding that until Jan 05. Does anybody know the acreage of the prairie, itself?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

FORDFANZ

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YFZ450AndyH

Yep, better than nothing.....

2Raptors

Less than 1 acre per bike would be pretty darn crowded.

bftclub

like EWORM said if trails are cut properly,would be good.better than nothing.would be a start,only if it is legal :D

o4250

Thats way to small, All of this was talked about at the meeting A few months ago ;) If you could stand at the entrance of picuyane (the bridge) you could see how many people really go out there, And how that would be way to small :-X

dirty2

#9
That's the same way I feel. Am think more like 5000 or 10,000
acres now that would be a nice place to ride.On a weekend 640ac is going to feel like I'm riding in my backyard.this is what could happen rinding in a small place with many
bikes  [smiley=Dead.gif]

Eworm

While I agree with you about it being to small, something is better than nothing. And again, if done properly and properly maintained and updated it can work.

renmus

Good thing it would be too small for some of you.  The rest of us could ride while you stay home.

Gamer

640 acres is plenty for the sport quads.  You guys like to race around on a small track anyways.  For the 4*4 utility vehicles 640 acres is small as hell.  I'm more into long trail riding.  Instead of going by acres it should go by miles like big Cypress which has 400 miles of trails.

o4250

QuoteGood thing it would be too small for some of you.  The rest of us could ride while you stay home.


You think if they did open up 640 acres I wouldnt go??

Id still go I have been going there my whole life I would never pass it up. I guess you could call me A veteran LOL. But you must think about all of the trucks and buggies, all of the drunks not watching where there going, Dirtbikes, quads, three wheelers , PEOPLE SHOOTING GUNS :-X,.


ID go just not on the weekends, I can ride there from my house so I could slip in on the weekdays ;)

ONEslowEXer

QuoteBadLuck Praire is only a part of the 60,000 acres @ Picayune Strand State Forest. We were riding that until Jan 05. Does anybody know the acreage of the prairie, itself?
20k plus
04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift

Mars

 It could be enough. It would have to be set up like woods track,one way, marked, etc. Your butt would be worn out in just a few miles.
 I could see were it might be small for the 4x4 guys........
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

budman

No way is it close to being enough. What would happen if powers that be, decide this is plenty. I'll tell you. we would get cramped into a space we all know is too small. and as sure as we are discussing this, someone will get hurt as a result of a small area. Too much traffic. "Damn ATV riders! Give them a spot and they act like maniacs...." Then the suits will claim it's WAY too dangerous to have ATV crazies on state land and poof...there goes another spot. Heck, we had 270 bikes show up at Rodman. The same turnout could happen there...
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

MuddyGurl101

Too small... There would have to be a maximum capacity.
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

Thrumud

Sell that idea to the sport riders, not me.   Guys could you imagine 640 acres, 1 bike per acre on a weekend or Holiday ?
Not with the growing numbers of ATV enthusiast.  We deserve more.  
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Toomey

Either sit on the couch or ride an area that's a little crowded.  I think I'd rather ride....  :D
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

96 warrior

badluck is about 22,000 acers
640 aint that much
96 (and a 98) warrior

dirty2

GOT TO RIDE GOT TO RIDE [smiley=angel.gif]

budman

Y'all need to see how small of an area 640 acres is...I know it sounds big, but unless you really know how big an acre is, you will be VERY surprised how small we are talking about for the amount of people riding.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

dirty2

#23
640 acres suck we need 10 or 15,000 acres  ;)
I want to be able to use my GPS

Im2much26

I agree, the utilities it would be way to small
If you can't beat your enemies, call your buddies and have them beaten.....LOL