10 News in Miami blames atv's for brush fire.

Started by Thrumud, April 22, 2005, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Channel 10 news in Miami broadcast a brush fire off 8th Street just south of Krome, and mentioned atv's could have spark the blaze.   Here we go again, someone please send the channel 10 news in Miami a message .
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

HondaBoys

That is pretty sad concidering over 90% of the ATVs have pipes with spark arrestors installed on them. Granted some people do ream out their pipes to try and get more power damaging the spark arrestor, but that is a few compared to those who just get aftermarket pipe. Most aftermarket pipe have spark arrestors in them.
Mine '02 450S,Big Bore Kit, cammed, Locked, lifted, gorilla'd, 28/12.5/12 Laws, jetted, dual snorkeled, clutch kit, FMF pipe, 3000# Warn
Hers '04 450S, 26 Outlaws

AintSkeered

And, who/what was causing these annual fires before ATV's came-along?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

NPRVinson

I heard on the news up here the authorities thought it was a lightning strike.

SoFlaEiger

QuoteI heard on the news up here the authorities thought it was a lightning strike.

doubt it.  we haven't had rain in quite a while, and definetly no lightning.

and the area it is is off limits to atv's, so kiss that goodbye.  There are a TON of things it could have been.  Why do they have to jump the gun and blame the four-wheelers!??!

bumblemoose

One theory that I find very plausable is that broken glass and glass bottles, during the dry season, ignite grass similar to a magnifying glass in the sun.
87 TRX 310R (Sold)with a bunch of stuff on it.

SoFlaEiger

QuoteOne theory that I find very plausable is that broken glass and glass bottles, during the dry season, ignite grass similar to a magnifying glass in the sun.

isn't that one of the reasons why beer bottles and what not are tinted?

bumblemoose

87 TRX 310R (Sold)with a bunch of stuff on it.

SoFlaEiger

QuoteNot all beer bottles are tinted.


The big 3 are :) Bud, Miller, Coors...

americanhighlander

 [smiley=ThumbsDown.gif]Maybe the news got the wrong  info on their selfs.someone  should call them and miss info giving wrong details.Well i don't  think atv causes fires  it could  been dry weather down there and it could been cigeal cuase fire some one drive by and or  dry  grass could cuase the  blazel.I'm glad i don't live down in south FL  no more.I use live in hollywood FL long time ago back 9years ago.And live in hollywood for 5years over near  lake forest.Before that I was in hurrcaine andrew down in lesure city and left there in 10days later then went move to hollywood.Sounds like place on news is  out by redlands. :)

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Gamer

Most brush fires are caused by people throwing there cigarette out the car window.  It could have been an ATV rider that may have been smoking but who knows.  The news should not say it was caused by ATV's unless they know its a fact.  The odds of an ATV starting a fire are like me winning the lottery.  I like the theory of broken glass.  Never thought of that but I'm sure it could happen.

bftclub


JSUN21

Currently, the county is not allowing anymore development out there. What better way to get that ban lifted than by burning down the area. That way there's nothing to preserve, so let the developers build out.
TRX450R, HRC Kit & some cosmetics only for now.