Check out what we're gonna be selling at work come Sept.

Started by SkyHighT100, February 15, 2007, 02:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHighT100

These things are pretty freakin cool. A guy at work has already rode one and says they are a ton of fun.. unique for sure. We'll be getting one or two in September once they are released.

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Young Gun

I dont trust anything with 3 wheels after my tricycle accident back in 94 ;)
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Bigscrb15

#2
that is freakin sweeeet!!!! i want one. I think it is just a snowmobile on tires.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

SkyHighT100

They are a little steep, as far as I've heard (but not 100 certains), MSRP looks to be about 14K
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Ida_Mann

I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

bmd11

Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 15, 2007, 10:56:09 PM
I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@

I wondered the same thing when I saw 2 of these types of vehicles in my area (Cocoa) being driven on the street. They pass right by the police station every time. I've seen them at least 3 times, both together. Maybe the law has changed?  :dunno.gif
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

Bigscrb15

Quote from: bmd11 on February 16, 2007, 01:40:01 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 15, 2007, 10:56:09 PM
I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@

I wondered the same thing when I saw 2 of these types of vehicles in my area (Cocoa) being driven on the street. They pass right by the police station every time. I've seen them at least 3 times, both together. Maybe the law has changed?  :dunno.gif

I think it has something to do with the weight, tires, and other safety features.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 15, 2007, 10:56:09 PM
I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@

3 wheels is still a motorcycle.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

gtnwood

You are correct sir. :Clap.gif
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 16, 2007, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 15, 2007, 10:56:09 PM
I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@

3 wheels is still a motorcycle.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Flashback

They have been driving them all over Palm Bay and the Compound for months. Of course they are all black with no names on them.
Southern Knights ATV Club
02 Sportsman 500HO

bmd11

Quote from: Flashback on February 16, 2007, 09:17:23 PM
They have been driving them all over Palm Bay and the Compound for months. Of course they are all black with no names on them.

Yep, that's the ones!
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

Ida_Mann

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 16, 2007, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 15, 2007, 10:56:09 PM
I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@

3 wheels is still a motorcycle.

not as far as the FL law says,,,I'll try to find the statute.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

legal definition of "ATV" under FL law.

"ATV" means any motorized off-highway or all-terrain vehicle 50 inches or less in width, having a dry weight of 900 pounds or less, designed to travel on three or more low-pressure tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control, and intended for use by a single operator with no passenger.


Maybe it's the "low" pressure tires,,,,that's how they're getting away with it?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

DCR_Marcus14

Ive seen one of these on the street in Palm Bay. Bombardiers test facility is there and they have a few driving around. Deffinitely different looking vehicle for the road, should be cool.
Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service

bigscrub79

Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 17, 2007, 01:20:57 AM
legal definition of "ATV" under FL law.

"ATV" means any motorized off-highway or all-terrain vehicle 50 inches or less in width, having a dry weight of 900 pounds or less, designed to travel on three or more low-pressure tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control, and intended for use by a single operator with no passenger.


Maybe it's the "low" pressure tires,,,,that's how they're getting away with it?

Id@
There is the loop hole
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Ida_Mann

I'm curious as to the definition of high or low pressure tires?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Crashking

#17
Quote from: bigscrub79 on February 17, 2007, 02:12:58 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 17, 2007, 01:20:57 AM
legal definition of "ATV" under FL law.

"ATV" means any motorized off-highway or all-terrain vehicle 50 inches or less in width, having a dry weight of 900 pounds or less, designed to travel on three or more low-pressure tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control, and intended for use by a single operator with no passenger.


Maybe it's the "low" pressure tires,,,,that's how they're getting away with it?

Id@
There is the loop hole

i think both of y'all missed the loopholes...

off-highway or all-terrain vehicle - this vehicle is designed to be used on one terrain-pavement
50 inches or less in width - the overall width of the vehicle is 59.3 inches (1,506mm)
intended for use by a single operator with no passenger it looks like it has a rear seat for a 2nd passenger.. though i found no hard fact on the site stating it can be ridden with 2 people

and the tires used are inflated to 13-17psi.. seems low pressure to me

not to mention this is Florida's definition of a motorcycle
(27)  "Motorcycle" means any motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, but excluding a tractor or a moped.

Ida_Mann

interesting,,,,seems like Florida has somewhat conflicting and confusing laws,,,,,I'm shocked, who else ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jpease

I test drove one of these this morning in Bradenton.  It rides very smooth and different.  Very very cool.  I liked a lot.  It is basically covered by plastics all around.  The only thing not covered is the muffler and the radiators up front.  It is a lot less geaky in person.

The gray is the std. they are asking 16,000$ and for the yellow they are asking 16,000$ + tag and title.  There are only a handful of dealer who will have access to sell them.  Their allocation is 4 vehicles per dealer.  They are allowed to take deposit of 1,000$ up to 6 more vehicles per store and they are "supposed to be delivered the 1st 4 by October and the other 6 by Jan.

I was told most dealer already have deposits on hand for all 10.  They are saying the could sell everyone of them if they had them.

I want one but my I really against owning anything new on its first year.

jpease

oh one more thing, in florida motorcycle license is required.

Starbuc71

Besides the single wheel being in the rear vs. the front, what's the diffrence with the laws surrounding a honda goldwing trike?
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

illegal26

Looks pretty cool my sales guy at Broward Motor Sports told me on Saturday as I dropped my bike off for service
that OTD they are around 20k and they have 30 presold for whatever its worth.

GrizzlyGator

#23
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 15, 2007, 10:56:09 PM
I'd be interested as to how they can license something like that in FL due to the laws in effect.

3 wheels or more - check
seat meant to be straddled by the rider - check
handlebars for steering - check

all of the above are in the FL law meant to disallow ATV's from being licensed for use on the road.

just gotta wonder how they did it.

Id@


Whats the difference between these and a three wheeler motorcycle then??

duh! sorry didnt see the post above!

blupits04

#24
I have a friend who has his deposit down and his dad is also getting one (must be nice to have $$ huh?!?!?!). We watched the vid on them with him last week and they are pretty cool. They are pretty much dummy proof (notice I said pretty much!) They have traction control and I can't remember the actual other one but it makes it where you can't flip going around a wet corner. It controls the pressure in a turn. I'll get some pics up when they get them. His is yellow and his dads is silver so I'll try and get some good pics of both.

They were told they are only making 500 this year 4 per dealership, all the dealerships around here have already sold all 4. It's amazing how something new can cause a frenzy.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

1FasterBlaster

   You can do the same thing to a quad that you can do to that. I think it's the manufacturers trying to control their market so they can make a killing with these. They ruled three wheelers to be unsafe, and all of a sudden, these come out.
   Wait till some accidents are reported, then they'll be banned!!
   

mark38090

1985 Yamaha YTM200ERN (2)
1985 Honda ATC250SX
1984 Honda TRX200
1990 Suzuki LT230E

jpease

Quote from: mark38090 on June 19, 2007, 02:35:24 PM
Whats the gas mileage like???
I was curious about that.  I would guess around 40 mph

YELLOW RR

2007 LTR450

Honda328i

There's one on display at my local dealer.  They are supposed to have test drives in July I think.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]