Durhamtown Plantation Lodging

Started by FIVE-O, February 12, 2007, 11:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIVE-O

I was wondering if anybody has stayed in the R/V Overnight Rentals as opposed to the cabins they have. Looking for any pros or cons regarding them. The prices are comparable, thanks.
[url="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg"]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg[/url]

Chuck_Norris

You might check with Dreth, he used the RV side on our last visit to DT

Paul_S

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on February 13, 2007, 07:06:42 AM
You might check with Dreth, he used the RV side on our last visit to DT
Dreth took his own rv, if you are refering to the rv's/trailers DT has for rent, then I can help you, they are way nicer than the cabins. The cabins are very basic. The rv's imo are much better, they have a full kitchen/full bath, bedrooms (we normally stay in the one called Jack Rabbit).

Honda328i

#3
As Paul says, the RV's on site have more amenities.  Some of the cabins are better than others, you just have to ask lots of questions.  I have stayed in the "Fox Trot" cabin which had a separate shower/lavatory, but some of the cabins have the bathrooms right in the sleeping room!   It just depends on what you are looking for.  A trip with the wife and kids might mean a whole different story than hanging out with your buddies.  The riding is awseome!!  I honestly don't care about sleeping anyway... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: Honda328i on February 13, 2007, 11:34:25 AM
As Paul says, the RV's on site have more amenities.  Some of the cabins are better than others, you just have to ask lots of questions.  I have stayed in the "Fox Trot" cabin which had a separate shower/lavatory, but some of the cabins have the bathrooms right in the sleeping room!   It just depends on what you are looking for.  A trip with the wife and kids might mean a whole different story than hanging out with your buddies.  The riding is awseome!!  I honestly don't care about sleeping anyway... ;)
Steve we are booked up for March 16 & 17th, you and T2 are more than welcome to join us.  ;D

dj_pizzim

As people before me stated it depends on the type of trip your planning. If your going with a larger group or have a big family ask about Bill's Place its a 3 bedroom 2 bath mobile home. I think its about 190 a night.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

dreth


apkkfx400

We've stayed in the cabins twice and one of the RV's another time.  They both have everything you need.  But I think the RV is nicer because the beds are more comfortable.

Mark

RAD 450r

So what you guys are saying is that the RV's are nicer?  Arent they smaller?  My family and I are making a trip up there the week before easter and were still figuring out where to stay.
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Paul_S

Quote from: RAD 700r on February 14, 2007, 03:33:17 PM
So what you guys are saying is that the RV's are nicer?  Arent they smaller?  My family and I are making a trip up there the week before easter and were still figuring out where to stay.
The RV we stay at (Jack Rabbit) is way bigger and much nicer than the cabin (I forget the name of it) I stayed at.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com