Anyone know what engine this is?

Started by KD 428, February 11, 2007, 10:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD 428

Hey everyone,
I'm building a go kart and my freind pulled this engine out of his attic,,, if anyone knows what type of engine this is please let me know

btw it says yamaha, and looks like its aircooled(maybe a old yamaha 250 motor?)

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

MadMudder

wow, that thing looks ancient.. Does it even run?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

KD 428

I wasn't able to start it up yet due to no gas tank,,,, but it does have good compression.
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

mrbones

That's actually a weird looking engine because its so square looking. What are you going to do with it?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

cycole

looks like an old yam kt100 go cart engine
2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger

KD 428

thanks for the replies, I'm going to hook it up to my go kart(its just sitting there in the pics)
HONDA CRF450R

SWAMP_DONKEY


lugnuts

looks like an old yam kt100 go cart engine

I think your correct its a kt100 engine they were used in alot of racing carts and still are I have a couple of co-workers that ran that engine and I thinking they were alky motors or maybe they just ran that class??
2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

DCR_Marcus14

probably a 100, go to the yamaha site they still sell them; looks the same anyways

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/464/0/home.aspx
Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com