Another ATV accident at Big Scrub

Started by Stewards, February 04, 2007, 09:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewards

I was going down 573 about 1 mile from Big Scurb, cops, ambulances all over the place. Apparently some kid had died in an ATV accident. They were hauling the kid out of the forest when I got there.

If you where there please post, and let us know what happened.

Joan
Stewards

generkell

yes i was there and was talking with the group when they got the news that he died. the guy went thru a puddle lost control and hit a tree it took the ambulance an hour and a half to get there.

Jeepin'

Thats horrible.  Prayers go out to the family.

jujulo700R

I was actually out there with Don when it happened. I am still in shock from it. We were riding in the Forest when we came upon a puddle that we needed to go around. When he went around the puddle his bike spun out sending the back sliding towards the front and then the rear tires grabbed ejecting him. He just landed on the ground and bounced right back up and his bike hit the tree, not him. We then continued to ride but he said he needed to go back to the cars because his handle bars were bent and he couldn't steer right. We all started heading back when we noticed that he was riding in a "drunken" manner. We decided to take him off of the bike and let him rest. We sent others out to go get help and it took emergency people a long time to get there. I noticed his condition was rapidly decreasing and he was not looking good. The next thing I knew, he had passed and I couldn't believe it. He was a family man and a great guy and he will truely be missed. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with his family at this difficult time. Please ride safe.  
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

bigscrub79

Sorry to hear that man, I will deffinately be prayin for the family and friends.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Chuck_Norris


cheropride

Oh my gosh, that is terrible.  My thoughts and prayers go with the family, and to all those who knew him.  What a freaky accident, I can't believe that he actually got back on his bike and started to ride. Again, I am sorry for the loss.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

1Scorpion

Very sorry for the family and freinds. That has to be real hard on those who were there.

Tripyn

Julio-very sorry to hear it-very dis-heartning.  Prayers go out to you and his family and friends. 

exrider

We will pray for his family.
Was he wearing a helmet?
I know I need to upgrade my safety gear.
It is a shame that it takes a freak accident to make me
think about it and my family without me.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

trx#9

Remember helmets are only made to take one good impact. Then they should be thrown away. I know its costly but so is your life. Don't know if this relates to this accident or not. I feel for his family. :(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

jujulo700R

Yes he was wearing a helmet. It was just one one of those things where you are left with more questions than answers. I believe he may have suffered internal injuries and a chest protector could have possibly saved his life, but who knows. It was just a horrible day. Please just remember to ride safe guys.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

trx#9

Quote from: jujulo700R on February 05, 2007, 01:19:34 AM
Yes he was wearing a helmet. It was just one one of those things where you are left with more questions than answers. I believe he may have suffered internal injuries and a chest protector could have possibly saved his life, but who knows. It was just a horrible day. Please just remember to ride safe guys.
Probably broke an artery. sad
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

1FasterBlaster

   Wow Julian, that must've been hard to see.I know a lot of us ride fast and hope nothing like this ever happens.It still makes us feel the impact when we hear it happens to someone else.My condolences to the family and everyone that saw it.

miamigirlrider

My prayers and thoughts goes out to the family and friends. Wow, I am really sorry to hear this.

Unfortunatetly, when its your time, no one and nothing can prevent it but we make the best to prolong our time. Again, my condolences.
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg"]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg[/url]

1FasterBlaster

   It sounds to me like he probably ruptured his spleen.Pro BMXer Matt Hoffman was attempting to break the Guiness record for highest air on a ramp and crashed off the 50' ft ramp.He got up and walked,thought he was just bruised up, and went home.
   The same thing happenned.Friends said he got disoriented like he was drunk, passed out and was taken to the hospital.
   The doctor said if he hadn't gotten there as fast as he did, he wouldn't of made it.
   Just another perfect example to have riding gear.I never ride without everything on.Yeah, it's a pain putting it all on, but at least your a little more safe.

TRX450R_Racer

#16
Wow, I'm in shock.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

digginfool

#17
Man, that is scary.  It immediately makes me think about our riding on Saturday.  We were all going very fast and only Frank (TRX450R_Racer) and Thrumud had all their safety gear on (we all had helmets on).  The rest of us left ours at home (assuming everybody owns full gear).  No more.  I'll wear my chest protector every time I ride from now on.  I make my kids wear their's yet I don't.  Just plain stupid of me especially since the places I ride can be very unforgiving of any miscues (rocks, trees, etc.).  My thoughts are with him, his family and friends.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Mars

Quote from: jujulo700R on February 05, 2007, 01:19:34 AM
Yes he was wearing a helmet. It was just one one of those things where you are left with more questions than answers. I believe he may have suffered internal injuries and a chest protector could have possibly saved his life, but who knows. It was just a horrible day. Please just remember to ride safe guys.

If you find out what killed him please post a note. I may save some ones life.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Loven It

This brought tears to my eyes for all parties involved.

I can't even begin to imagine what all parties involved must be going through, other than the tears it brought to my eyes imagining if this happened to one of the folks we ride with.

jujulo - I am so very sorry you had to witness this happen to a friend of yours..you will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Was he a member of the site?
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Thrumud

Just like scatchup said, I wear all my gear doesn't matter how hot it is. My prayers to the family, please keep us posted. 

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

jujulo700R

QuoteIf you find out what killed him please post a note. I may save some ones life.

I will definitely keep everyone posted. He wasn't a member of this site but was planning on becoming one. As soon as I know something, I will let you all know. Take care.   
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

jujulo700R

Just a little fast and just a little furious.

Eworm

May he R.I.P. Prayers for the family. I to forget my chest protector among other things at times. Not any more.

greenmachine

This has been a tragic week for all of us reading about these accidents. God Bless the family & friends & help them find strength in the fact that he was part of their life. I spoke about this at my dinner table last night with my family & we all took a moment of silence & thought about it. It is chilling when you have kids who ride to know that it can turn south in a second. I almost let the thought of not riding slip into my mind, but that isnt gonna help anyone. This is hurting even though I dont know him. Again, God Bless.

lisa

  What a shame! My prayers are with the family. Maybe if ya'll had been able to go through that puddle, he might be with us today!  :'(
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

jujulo700R

Well everyone, it looks like he suffered a liver laceration and bled internally. According to the medical examiner, people that suffer this type of injury have a 50% chance for survival. Just a tragic event. Ride safe everyone and always let the people around you know how much you love them because you just never know.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

cheropride

Wow, everytime I read this story, it is still shocking. 

My prayers continue to go out to the family, and to those involved..
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP