Quad Scramble # 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by lawn_man mx, January 28, 2007, 03:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Dreth on January 28, 2007, 08:13:43 PM
Quote from: lawn_man mx on January 28, 2007, 07:10:38 PM
dreth  as far as width        i was ok     i had  to sqeeze  tru  some  tight sections  but  it was  pretty cool man   what a rush !   the  mud  was  super thick  on some spots   you had to hammer thru it  or you  be stuck  for a while    i saw  quite  a few  riders  stuck  out there      i  saw  a lot  of familiar  mx faces  ridin . it was  a  blast        my  son  nick  raced  the  junior  class .  he  loved it       but  crash on the first  lap  ended  rolling  his  quad  into  the creek ???  he  is  ok .  just mad  cause  he could'nt  finished.  next  time   ;D   


i hate the clean up that comes with the mud riding. i also dont run a airbox so i would suck in water real fast. looks like yall like it so carry on ;) if they had the option jumping the mud section or going through it might be enticing 8) ill hand it to yall.........you definatly want to ride ;D

It isn't any worse than the culvert out at the ranch. You tore it up out there and you would be fine at these races. I think you could give these guys a run for their money. Now hike up your skirt, grab your balls and ask your husband if you can go race sometime!!!! lol im just playin with ya man. I don't blame you. They have a utility class and I don't race.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

c open class

[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

#28
more


[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

I will post more later after I resize them.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Eric5555

that looked like some bad falls.....hope those people are ok
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Eric5555 on January 28, 2007, 11:58:34 PM
that looked like some bad falls.....hope those people are ok

After about 10 minutes on the ground he got up. He was just shaken up really bad.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

#32
Here is a link to the rest of the pictures I took. all of them from the 1:30PM race, because I race at 3:30. Pictures of the starts and the creek jump on the first lap. Enjoy.
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u297/TRX450R_Racer/

Let me know if I got any of you.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

1FasterBlaster

   I have some pics being developed.I'll post them soon.I got water in my quad in the practice lap, and it died in the first lap too.I think it was stupid to make people drive through such deep water when our quads aren't meant for it. $50.00 bucks for a race I didn't even get to ride in cause of some water...that's just wrong.I think they should have a money back policy for that!!
   This was my first race and I was stoked.I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.I think we should all let them know about the way they design these races though.

Chillinthemost

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on January 29, 2007, 02:11:33 AM
   I have some pics being developed.I'll post them soon.I got water in my quad in the practice lap, and it died in the first lap too.I think it was stupid to make people drive through such deep water when our quads aren't meant for it. $50.00 bucks for a race I didn't even get to ride in cause of some water...that's just wrong.I think they should have a money back policy for that!!
   This was my first race and I was stoked.I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.I think we should all let them know about the way they design these races though.
Its called cross country racing, there is a chance of coming across some creek crossings, maybe some stumps, or even a few whoops. You quit on the first lap, let me tell you, it got a LOT worse than what you saw.  Dont give up, it takes a few races to get it all together. It puts more of a demand on your machine and your body than people realize that have not tried it.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on January 29, 2007, 02:11:33 AM
   I have some pics being developed.I'll post them soon.I got water in my quad in the practice lap, and it died in the first lap too.I think it was stupid to make people drive through such deep water when our quads aren't meant for it. $50.00 bucks for a race I didn't even get to ride in cause of some water...that's just wrong.I think they should have a money back policy for that!!
   This was my first race and I was stoked.I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.I think we should all let them know about the way they design these races though.

That was the way a race is supposed to be, a little bit of everything. Now you know what to expect next time. Every race is a learning experience. You have to be prepared for anything. It's a bummer you had a problem. I was talking to you about your problem right before I went to the line, you remember. Good luck at the next one, I'll see you there.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

YFZ450-Tampa

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on January 29, 2007, 02:11:33 AM
   I have some pics being developed.I'll post them soon.I got water in my quad in the practice lap, and it died in the first lap too.I think it was stupid to make people drive through such deep water when our quads aren't meant for it. $50.00 bucks for a race I didn't even get to ride in cause of some water...that's just wrong.I think they should have a money back policy for that!!
   This was my first race and I was stoked.I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.I think we should all let them know about the way they design these races though.

Just to add what Matt and "TRX450R" mention, there is a money back policy, after the practice lap if you dont feel capable to do the race for what ever reazon, you go to the sign up trailer and you will get your money back, and it was said at the riders meeting, now when it comes to quads not meant to do this or that, just a few quads didn't make it through the water crossing and I can tell you one thing, it was not because the water was too deep or because the quad couldn't make it, other ways the other quads wouldn't have been able to made it eather, this was one of the best cross contry track I have been on and I want to thank's "SARASOTA QUAD RIDERS CLUB" for shuch a nice event
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

jujulo700R

#37
QuoteJust to add what Matt and "TRX450R" mention, there is a money back policy, after the practice lap if you dont feel capable to do the race for what ever reazon, you go to the sign up trailer and you will get your money back, and it was said at the riders meeting, now when it comes to quads not meant to do this or that, just a few quads didn't make it through the water crossing and I can tell you one thing, it was not because the water was too deep or because the quad couldn't make it, other ways the other quads wouldn't have been able to made it eather, this was one of the best cross contry track I have been on and I want to thank's "SARASOTA QUAD RIDERS CLUB" for shuch a nice event

I could not agree more!!! What a great event the "SARASOTA QUAD RIDERS CLUB" put on. I actually got lost on the course because I didn't make the practice. I was following behind someone through the big and deep water crossing and instead of turning left after the water crossing, I went straight! Needless to say, I was dead last behind everyone that ran in the 1:30 race. I am talking behind the beginners, girls, utilities, everyone, and I run in the C-open! I was actually going to quit but I was having so much fun on that course that I actually continued to race. Both events that were out there were amazing and this course (I thought) was better because it was fast and more technical. I can't wait for the next race!

Just a little fast and just a little furious.

1FasterBlaster

   It was a great course.I actually did enjoy the water even.I was just bummed cause I was one of the one's who got bogged out of the race...I was so jealous.
   The practice run was fun at least.The creek jump was better at the beginning.After the race started, it was already just a drop off.I'm waiting for the next race.Hope to see everyone there.

dreth

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 28, 2007, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Dreth on January 28, 2007, 08:13:43 PM
Quote from: lawn_man mx on January 28, 2007, 07:10:38 PM
dreth  as far as width        i was ok     i had  to sqeeze  tru  some  tight sections  but  it was  pretty cool man   what a rush !   the  mud  was  super thick  on some spots   you had to hammer thru it  or you  be stuck  for a while    i saw  quite  a few  riders  stuck  out there      i  saw  a lot  of familiar  mx faces  ridin . it was  a  blast        my  son  nick  raced  the  junior  class .  he  loved it       but  crash on the first  lap  ended  rolling  his  quad  into  the creek ???  he  is  ok .  just mad  cause  he could'nt  finished.  next  time   ;D   


i hate the clean up that comes with the mud riding. i also dont run a airbox so i would suck in water real fast. looks like yall like it so carry on ;) if they had the option jumping the mud section or going through it might be enticing 8) ill hand it to yall.........you definatly want to ride ;D

It isn't any worse than the culvert out at the ranch. You tore it up out there and you would be fine at these races. I think you could give these guys a run for their money. Now hike up your skirt, grab your balls and ask your husband if you can go race sometime!!!! lol im just playin with ya man. I don't blame you. They have a utility class and I don't race.




if you remember correctly Mr. cookieless man ;) i avoided that mud like the plague. im not doubting the fun level because i used to ride through the water crossings all the time till the clean up took longer than the rides. it takes me 15 min. to clean my quad now and i dont even have to touch it ;D i might give it a shot when i get some money :( work is super slow. hence why im typing on the pc instead of working :'(

1FasterBlaster


mudnuri

I had a blast, but I always do because I love it so much. I'm not saying anything bad about anybody, it takes some gut's to do this type of racing. MX takes guts too, but totally different. I think about hanging it up everyday. People get taken out every race. I have been a victim myself many times more than I'd care to remember.
My machine crapped out during the first lap and completely died after 1 lap.
That was the best event I have ever been to.
If you thought that was too much water or mud, HA! You ain't seen nothing yet! Some races there is nothing but dust and you hope for some water. hehehe
Dreth, you mean to tell me you are scared to get your quad dirty?? I will have it washed for you  :)
ScratchupBangupBoy, sorry you had trouble. Like those guys said, it is a learning experience. If you want to win one, you will find a way to gear your machine up and yourself, too.
I had the holeshot in the Vet class and couldn't get on the brakes quick enough and blew right on past the turn. 2 other riders got past me and then Bradley. By the looks of that picture, you were right there in 5th Rafael. Nice work! I saw you after I got towed in and you were haulin'!!

There is another one this weekend where they have the Pumkin run!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

RAD 450r

Well i found some water in my gas tank from the previous hs race that i so i thought i could just empty everything out on wensday night and then get some gas thursday to fill it up and go on friday.  It rained all day thursday here so i didnt want to take a chance of water getting back in, so like an idiot waited till friday.  Got gas, put it in, fired it up, didnt change.  Keep revving it and everything.  Already cleaned the air filter, put in a new spark plug, and changed the oil the previous week so i was certain that would be the problem. Did everything and before ya know it, it was already 10pm.  So we just had to give in. 

We went anyways because i knew this was gonna be an awesome event.  Got there right after the riders meeting and meet up with everyone and just hung out, had a killer time anyways. I wish i could have raced this one but i just had to let it go. :'(  Deffinately looking foward to the next one though.
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

dreth

mudnuri, when i get some cash i will give it a try but im holding you to that quad wash ;) and yes, i dont like getting my quad dirty. not because im scared that it is gonna hurt it, but because im to lazy to clean it :D in the mean time i will think of a way to keep the water out of my filter because i dont have an airbox anymore :dunno.gif and i will try to get some 4/1 off set rims to shrink the front of my quad down some too 8)

RAD 450r

Hey man now thats the spirit!!  After my first race it was like man, why did I ever think about doing that!?!  After throwing up some gatorade and sleeping a little bit I started thinking how i could become faster, stronger and become a better rider.  Its a total rush!
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

mudnuri

I'll even do one better, you can ride my quad in the 1:30 race and I will ride it in the 3:30 race. Rad700, I just died after reading that! We all know the feeling!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Quote from: RAD 700r on January 30, 2007, 01:36:43 AM
Hey man now thats the spirit!!  After my first race it was like man, why did I ever think about doing that!?!  After throwing up some gatorade and sleeping a little bit I started thinking how i could become faster, stronger and become a better rider.  Its a total rush!


Men that's exacly the toughts I had after my first race, and every now and then come back to me, but just to get me going harder on it (too bad is not faster  ;D) welcome to the club  :T
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

1FasterBlaster

   I honestly felt this would've been a better race for utility quads.The ruts were so deep, I may as well had been a train car.For the next race...I'm looking for a snorkel for my LTZ!!
  Do they make 22" mud tires for sport quads?

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: mudnuri on January 30, 2007, 01:52:35 AM
I'll even do one better, you can ride my quad in the 1:30 race and I will ride it in the 3:30 race.

Dreth that's a deal you can't pass up!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on January 30, 2007, 01:57:48 PM
   I honestly felt this would've been a better race for utility quads.The ruts were so deep, I may as well had been a train car.For the next race...I'm looking for a snorkel for my LTZ!!
  Do they make 22" mud tires for sport quads?

I have 22" mud tires for mine. I didn't bring them. Also judging by the practice lap who knew it would get that bad.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.