Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A

Started by Asphaltdragon, May 18, 2005, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamer

Has anyone on here even tried to ride out there during hunting season?  I'm just wondering what FWC might be telling people out there.  I'm sure they would not give us any problems playing in the mud holes just off the Levee's if your not hunting but who knows.

SSRancher

I took a drive out there Wednsday and the water is high like a mofo. I did see a dead 8' gator out there which was pretty cool. I took some pictures of the place. I'll post them when I get a chance to give everyone an idea of how bad it is.
03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

nobull60

Plan on riding out there on Friday morning to see how things look. Anyone else interested show up at 9am.

MuddingMark

Hi All,

Here is a link to the USGS Water tables for the canal in that area. I found that early 2005 was great riding when the water levels were at 11 to 12 feet. Lately the table has been showing the water level at about 14 feet.

The last few entries seem to be bogus as the water level would have had to drop 2 feet in a few days.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/fl/nwis/dv?dd_cd=01_00065_00003&format=html&period=365&site_no=02289031


I hope this helps. I'am so looking forward to playing in some better smelling mud. Besides it's easier to get Holey Land mud off my machine when I get home.

MuddingMark
Now this is stress relief!

AintSkeered

#79
SFWMD reduced water levels in anticipation of Hurricane Wilma. So, the data is probably not bogus. However, it has rained a lot since October 31st.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Gamer

I was out at Holeylands on Thursday with the quad and some friends.  We were the only ones out there on ATV's.  The water level is still very high.  We could not go very far off the Levee's.  The Hunters were out there in Full Tracks.  I would say it's going to take another month or two before the water dries up.  With this storm Gamma coming our way it does not look good.

Gamer

FWC has opened the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA to the public which is on the south side of the Holeylands Levee.  I'm assuming this means ORV's can be operated in the area again.  Here is the link.

http://myfwc.com/whatsnew/05/south/evergladesopen.html

easyrider

I am going to ride there tomorrow with my cousin anything I should know before going and if anyone wants to meet out there we will make a day of it

MuddingMark

We went out there Sat Dec 17th, the water levels are dropping. You see the mud now and the only water is in the trails that rutted. Still the mud is like pudding. It's crazy to hit one of those mud holes the only way out is a pull.

We played mostly under the power lines down by the first pump station.

There are some riders out there and I think that it's going to improve every week from here on out.

MuddingMark  8)
Now this is stress relief!

ish

we went out there on saturday the 7th. it was an awesome day. we went down to the pump station and the trails on the north side of the canal are rideable for sport bikes if you go around certain mud holes of course. but all in all it was a great time. the kids were riding the trails on their 90's and they were able to go through most of the places. it is deffinetly drying up out there.
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

MachineDog

Sounds good for riding, I'll be down there soon as we get a new trailer to fit all the quads. Is there good mud right now for utes?
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

bigjim1000

hey guys i am new to the area and would love to go out there and ride if anyone is planning on going out there this weekend please give me a shout
561-906-8100 Jimmy
i would like to stretch the legs on my suzuki

gery350

how do you guys get to the north side?
bridge, gate,etc.............
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

AintSkeered

He's referring to the north side of the levee, which has two bridges, one at the entrance and one at the pump house.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

AintSkeered

Rode Holeyland all day, today. It's even dry-enough for sport and given it another couple of weeks, it'll be all dust. Loads of folks out, today, night riding here we come.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

dirtyface

I rode out their sat and today. Had a great time. They allow night riding out their? :P
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

AintSkeered

Probable night ride, this Saturday, if I get time to replace a torn CV boot. I'll post time and place, later in the week. So far, there's 5 Utes and 1 sport bike going. Yesterday, we cleared a 5 mile trail parallel to the west levee(north-south) from the pump station and lots of other clear trails go east and west. Wilma knocked-down lots of trees. The south side of the levee(Everglades WMA) is still mushy once you get a mile in, so that's still a day ride for Utes.   
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

mmason

CAn someone give me directions to Rotenberger from West Palm Beach?

AintSkeered

Take whatever road that will take you west to US27. Then go south to the Palm Beach/Broward County line and look for Holwyland/Rotenberger sign.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

AintSkeered

CV bolt replaced, we're good to go for Saturday night ride. 5-6 Utes and 1 sport quad leaving from pump station sometime between 8-9pm. Heavy rain forecast to be mostly north of Palm Beach county line, so, we'll be right o the edge of it, we'll see tomorrow. 
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Off Rode

New to the board, Old to the area.

I used to hunt out @ Holey land 15 years ago.  Atv's have been allowed out there since & I see it's quite a popular area now.

I was looking the Management Area pamphlet over & noticed it states the area is CLOSED to vehicles from the end of duck/coot season(approx Jan 30 ) thru April 5.

I know that vehicles are allowed on the levees but was wondering if anyone has been riding IN Holeyland or Rotenberger & if the man was giving any probs. :ouch.gif

Just tryin to bring myself up to speed...........

Off Rode
1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

AintSkeered

No problems so far this year. FWC is letting the duck blasters do their thing in the most-eastern section. They're unlocking those yellow gates for the hunter to use. We're going out there in one hour or so to check it out. With all of the rain during the past 24 hours, I doubt there will be  much riding out there foe 3-4 weeks.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Mudneck

Can anyone please post directions to Holey? From Palm beach county? Also looking for riders or club in west palm loxahatchee area for group rides,family friendly.

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Gamer

Quote from: Off Rode on February 04, 2006, 06:09:15 AM
New to the board, Old to the area.

I used to hunt out @ Holey land 15 years ago.  Atv's have been allowed out there since & I see it's quite a popular area now.

I was looking the Management Area pamphlet over & noticed it states the area is CLOSED to vehicles from the end of duck/coot season(approx Jan 30 ) thru April 5.

I know that vehicles are allowed on the levees but was wondering if anyone has been riding IN Holeyland or Rotenberger & if the man was giving any probs. :ouch.gif

Just tryin to bring myself up to speed...........

Off Rode

They inforced that rule last year and did not allow any ATV's in Holeyland.  However you are still allowed to ride on the south side of the Levee which is the Everglades WMA.  FWC has not posted anything on there website like they did last year talking about Holeylands being closed to ATV's.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com