Dual Sport Licensed Motorcycles

Started by mrbones, January 16, 2007, 04:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

With all the talk of riding area closures and riding unlicensed vehicles on numbered roads, where does a fully licensed dual-sport motorcycle fall into all of this? Its street legal and can go off-road so could it be ridden almost anywhere?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

GrizzlyBear

Yes and no.  It can be ridden on any designated trails and all numbered roads.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

mrbones

Then I'd be giving the ranger writing tickets to unlicensed offenders a nice big wave as I ride by him on FR88.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

GrizzlyBear

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Ida_Mann

why do you think I'm looking to buy one ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dreadhed


350x_rider

I have a xt 600 and love it.great for the #roads.55 miles to the gallon also and will do about 100 on pavement.If forestery sees a tag they pay you no attention.

1Scorpion


YFZRob

#8
So what's up with the HUNDREDS of hunters roaming around in their trucks on trails that are NOT numbered roads, and are no longer open to OHV use??  The area to the south of 445 at the powerlines is loaded with hundreds of miles of trails which has now been restricted to all of a 16.7 mile loop, yet I see hunters all over the place on unmarked trails. 

This is unacceptable!  As long as there are tons of hunters roaming around on unmarked trails, there's no reason these should be closed to licensed motorcycles. It seems like a lot of the trail designation signs in this area that were installed nearly a year ago were taken down after the Wandering Wiregrass trail was estabilished...almost like the enviro freaks saw how much of the forrest was still open and put the hammer down. 
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

viper

It should be unacceptable. I have also heard rumors where the fee is going to be for the motorcycles, and atv's but not the 4 wheel drive people. Plus I heard the fee is going to be per vehicle and anywhere between 60 and 120.

So who is standing up for your rights on this forest?? Surely not the people you think??