Oscela forest ?

Started by 1Scorpion, January 17, 2007, 08:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Scorpion

I'm thinking about going to Oscela forest to do some exploring. Has anyone done any riding out there ? Just want to know what to expect.

Young Gun

Man, your the first person from Spring Hill ive seen.  A little offtopic but wheres Oscela?
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

1Scorpion

Between Lake City and Jacksonville . About 3 hrs. north of here.

1Scorpion

Quote from: FloridaBullet on January 17, 2007, 08:25:37 PM
Man, your the first person from Spring Hill ive seen. 
I know I've been trying to find some ute quad riders but no one local rides at Ocala or are willing to travel to try new areas.

Young Gun

Quote from: 1Scorpion on January 17, 2007, 08:29:41 PM
Quote from: FloridaBullet on January 17, 2007, 08:25:37 PM
Man, your the first person from Spring Hill ive seen. 
I know I've been trying to find some ute quad riders but no one local rides at Ocala or are willing to travel to try new areas.

We are new to the Sport and are getting quads soon.  My dad is getting a Utility and im going Sport, im a slow paced rider though.  When we get our quads were definetly going to go to places like Ocala so maybe we can meet up and ride in a group.  Where abouts do you live?  Im on Waterfall off of SpringHill Dr.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Sleazy_Rider78

I have ridden Osceola several times and think its the best place to ride in florida.  There aren't any whoops that I have run into and you can find some pretty good trails out there.  I would suggest getting a GPS or at least a map of the area.  The roads are well marked so navigating through there is pretty easy.  Not a whole lotta people ride out there which is nice.  Its worth the drive.  Do a search on this site for osceola and some maps should come up as well as other topics on this place. 
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

1Scorpion



We are new to the Sport and are getting quads soon.  My dad is getting a Utility and im going Sport, im a slow paced rider though.  When we get our quads were definetly going to go to places like Ocala so maybe we can meet up and ride in a group.  Where abouts do you live?  Im on Waterfall off of SpringHill Dr.
[/quote]  I live off of Springhill Dr. behind Veterans Park. Send me a pm when you get your quads. I try to get to Ocala about once a month with a freind from Lakeland.

1Scorpion

Thanks for the info Sleazy_Rider I'll have to plan a trip up there for sure.

Young Gun

Quote from: 1Scorpion on January 17, 2007, 10:17:35 PM
live off of Springhill Dr. behind Veterans Park. Send me a pm when you get your quads. I try to get to Ocala about once a month with a freind from Lakeland.

ah, I know where that park is I have a friend that lives in Plantation estates near there.  Will definetly send you a PM when we get our quads.  Do you know Ocala well?
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Paul_S

Look me up next time you go, we ride at Osceola once or twice a month. What type of riding do you do?

yunt2ride

I have rode at Osceola. I must say that it is good riding as lond as its not a dry season. It is definately a place to check out if you have never been.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Paul_S

Quote from: yunt2ride on January 18, 2007, 08:13:05 AM
I have rode at Osceola. I must say that it is good riding as lond as its not a dry season. It is definately a place to check out if you have never been.
We were out there 2 weeks ago and took our sport quads and it was flooded, good time to have taken the Rincon instead.

Kawa3

Quote from: Paul_S on January 18, 2007, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on January 18, 2007, 08:13:05 AM
I have rode at Osceola. I must say that it is good riding as lond as its not a dry season. It is definately a place to check out if you have never been.
We were out there 2 weeks ago and took our sport quads and it was flooded, good time to have taken the Rincon instead.

shoot me a pm next time you go an ill try to make it. been wanting to ride osceola and have no idea where to there.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

yunt2ride

Quote from: Paul_S on January 18, 2007, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on January 18, 2007, 08:13:05 AM
I have rode at Osceola. I must say that it is good riding as lond as its not a dry season. It is definately a place to check out if you have never been.
We were out there 2 weeks ago and took our sport quads and it was flooded, good time to have taken the Rincon instead.

We were planning on going out there a few weeks ago but figured that it may not be a good time with hunting season and all.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

susieblazer


  Have heard its really good riding ..we are going to go with our friends from Trenton  soon....GSP Kurt and stitch....
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

1Scorpion

Quote from: Paul_S on January 17, 2007, 10:26:49 PM
Look me up next time you go, we ride at Osceola once or twice a month. What type of riding do you do?
I ride a utility quad 4x4 stock Rancher AT. Yeah I'm hoping to get up that way soon.

honda guy250

anybody care to ride out there this weekend...? jst got my atv back from the shop. if not osceola maybe the lawtey mudhole....????

Paul_S

Quote from: honda guy250 on January 18, 2007, 07:16:35 PM
anybody care to ride out there this weekend...? jst got my atv back from the shop. if not osceola maybe the lawtey mudhole....????
I will let you know tomorrow.

Yunt, we did not see a single hunter last time we went.

stacktester

Hey SuzieBlazer,

Kurt and I talked about that about a year ago in Osceola. If ya'll go I would like to join ya'll if you don't mind. Let me know.
Donnie
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

susieblazer


Sounds good Donnie ......sent you a PM........................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

kuma

good place to ride get a map from forest ranger's post. Alot of the trails dead end so you will just have to ride around. Was out last month but not long to many hunters.


Lawtey is okay if you like alot of gooey sticky black mud, and it gts pretty packed you barely can get around kind of dangerous, with everyone riding around in trucks and people walking everywhere. 8)

450rutmaker

Im more than likely going tomm.  will probably get there around 9
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

Honda328i

Quote from: 1Scorpion on January 17, 2007, 08:29:41 PM
Quote from: FloridaBullet on January 17, 2007, 08:25:37 PM
Man, your the first person from Spring Hill ive seen. 
I know I've been trying to find some ute quad riders but no one local rides at Ocala or are willing to travel to try new areas.

Good to see you around Scorpion.  Haven't ridden w/you since Croom in '04.  I'm always up to try some new places, just can't do tomorrow (son's B-day)  Next time you are headed out, let me know.  ;)
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com