OFF ROAD PARK IN SWFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Thrumud, January 09, 2007, 01:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Not exactly but I thought the title would get everyone's attention.

Here is a short version of the story:  For those who care about the future of our sport !!!

1.   SFWMD entered into bilateral contract w/ Collier County to give "US" 640 acres to ride. 
2.   SFWMD was asked to meet with "US" the user group for locations and ideas, they never did.
3.   According to the contract between the County and the SFWMD, if the District did not find the 640 acres by Oct. 31 2005, we were to be allowed into the Picayune forest (aka Badluck /  The Squares)  The District ignore it and blames the US Fish & Wildlife.
4.   On three commissioners meetings the District has asked for extensions, because they had nothing, no land, and no intension to work with us.
5.   On the 3rd meeting with the County, the all Commissioner agreed to sue the District for Breach of Contract.
6.   A hand full of us showed up at the SFWMD / DEP Everglades project celebration uninvited.   We were heard in front of the public, media and government officials.
7.   That same day Clarence Tears faced us in front of the media and ask to have a private meeting with "US" the user group.
8.   At our last meeting the SFWMD proposed a site of 628 acres of which 400 acres are accessible for OHV. Evidence show the site is contaminated with arsenic, some areas have hot spots which means dangerous levels of arsenic.  (Arsenic causes cancer, notice when you ride behind a rider all the dust in your face? Now imagine what will go into your lungs and you kids lungs !

What makes me sick is that they care more about a "F" panther, woodpecker than the health of us Americans.  I, and all the strong hold ATV enthusiast will not ride to die, we live to ride and therefore we ask the County to "SUE" the District !

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

lswjth2

Very well put. I e-mailed the commissioners, sfwmd, and the governor today...

Gato

Just so I know cause I couldn't attend this one but are we saying no to the proposal? and if so do we still have the temp.area they promissed?
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

lswjth2

I have a feeling that they will still give us the temp area.we are saying no to the proposal because of the "permanent" site they want to give us.They just want to hand it over to the county, not clean it up first..

Thrumud

Wow 77 views at this time and not a reply.  Oh well, they'll be asking us for help when they need it soon.   
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

indianjoe

Wow----I hope your comm. have the courage to move forward with the suit.

Bleedsblue

Quote from: Thrumud on January 09, 2007, 06:05:36 PM
Wow 77 views at this time and not a reply.  Oh well, they'll be asking us for help when they need it soon.   

You have to keep in mind not everyone on this site lives in your area so you are going to get a lot of views with few replies.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

lswjth2

I heard that are going to still give ius the temporary area. Let's see tommorow....

Thrumud

Quote from: Bleedsblue on January 09, 2007, 06:48:32 PM
Quote from: Thrumud on January 09, 2007, 06:05:36 PM
Wow 77 views at this time and not a reply.  Oh well, they'll be asking us for help when they need it soon.   

You have to keep in mind not everyone on this site lives in your area so you are going to get a lot of views with few replies.

Bill

I am aware of that Bill, there are lots of members here from SWFL. I don't expect someone from the pan handle to reply or show up at the meeting I post.   Thanks for your input at least you said something.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

svtbolt04

What do you mean "clean up" the land? You expect them to clear the land for us too?

That is half the fun right there!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Thrumud

Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 09, 2007, 08:11:51 PM
What do you mean "clean up" the land? You expect them to clear the land for us too?

That is half the fun right there!

Maybe it doesn't matter to you that the site is contaminated with arsenic, but it does to me.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

zx11rider

I have been holding off buying a atv just because there is no place to ride my sons still ride and i would love to take them somewhere we can all ride, let me know if i can help.  Ron

ScooterB

Dennis and Rick, you know where NPORA stands on this.............We are with ya, a clean site and 640 no less!

Scott
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

svtbolt04

Quote from: Thrumud on January 09, 2007, 08:18:38 PM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 09, 2007, 08:11:51 PM
What do you mean "clean up" the land? You expect them to clear the land for us too?

That is half the fun right there!

Maybe it doesn't matter to you that the site is contaminated with arsenic, but it does to me.

You never mentioned what was in the land. Giving us contaminated land would be like your friend asking for a blow pop and you put it in your mouth, suck on it for a bit and hand it over to them.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

1FasterBlaster

   It doesn't matter where you live.I went to the meeting in the Everglades and I live in St.Pete.This includes everyone that rides anything.
  I was very discouraged that we don't get more support from riders.People IM me all the time asking me where I ride cause there sick of Croom...and I never thought I would hear it, but yes, O.N.F. too!!
   If more of you would show up, they would have no choice but to hear our pleas.
Please join the effort people.Don't let this site change to ATV.not in Florida.com!!
   And everyone should commend these guys for all their time and efforts for committing themselves for us all!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com