Political Post

Started by Smoknbanshee, January 08, 2007, 07:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

I think all politcal post need to be locked and deleted.  My dad always told me there are two things you never discuss in public, because no one ever will win the debate.  POLITICS & RELIGION.

There are soooo many people in this world that don't know the true facts about what is going on including myself.  If you are not in the Federal Government system that actually makes the decisions then you don't know the whole story.  Everyone is making assumptions and there are way too many RUMORS out there to make educated guesses on what is actually real life. 

Many people might be offended by this post but I am in upper management and hear people complaining about how are company does some things, but most of the people complaining don't know the WHOLE story.  Political debates on this forum usually turn into bashing post.  There is my .02 cents on the whole story.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

SWAMP_DONKEY


MadMudder

So we shouldnt be allowed to have an open disscussion in the open disscussion forum? Well that sounds kinda lame. We may not accomplish anything but it is a good way to talk and voice your oppinion on the subject. Mabye if you dont like them then you can either not read them or possibly get the moderators to create a child board for political discussion?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

yunt2ride

I know that I do post when a political thread pops up but I agree 100%.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

xr100racer

I dont know why so many people talk about politics on ATVflorida. We should be talking about atvs but a child board seems like a good compromise

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: MadMudder on January 08, 2007, 08:33:18 PM
So we shouldnt be allowed to have an open disscussion in the open disscussion forum? Well that sounds kinda lame. We may not accomplish anything but it is a good way to talk and voice your oppinion on the subject. Mabye if you dont like them then you can either not read them or possibly get the moderators to create a child board for political discussion?

The BUSH post was not an opinion, it was a one sided small minded view of war...something that is never pretty but protects us from another 9-11 or lessens the risk. That post was stupid and an attact on the president of this great nation, Let them try to do his job mayby then they would have some respect. If not then get out...see if other countries will provide you as much as this one.

FishaHallic

I think politics and religion can be discussed rationaly and calmly if you keep the republicans out of it    J/K  2:L :R.   Really though I think we can discuss anything in a open forum as long as people realize it is just a discussion and not to refert to name calling and childish bantering.  Yes I have been caught up in this also so I will work on that myself.   Open discussions with different opinions can actually help others see your views (maybe not agree with them) and that's what makes this country great, the fact that there are many different opinions and views and yet we live together peacefully without bombing or killing each other.  Peace

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 08, 2007, 08:52:50 PM
I think politics and religion can be discussed rationaly and calmly if you keep the republicans out of it    J/K  2:L :R.   Really though I think we can discuss anything in a open forum as long as people realize it is just a discussion and not to refert to name calling and childish bantering.  Yes I have been caught up in this also so I will work on that myself.   Open discussions with different opinions can actually help others see your views (maybe not agree with them) and that's what makes this country great, the fact that there are many different opinions and views and yet we live together peacefully without bombing or killing each other.  Peace

oh no not again!!! What happend in your accident....brain transplant????  I have to do this twice in one nite........I AGREE, now who are you and what have you done with FISH???

FishaHallic

No accident just a herniated disc  :banghead.gif, so luckily my brain is still intact  ;D.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 08, 2007, 09:09:59 PM
No accident just a herniated disc  :banghead.gif, so luckily my brain is still intact  ;D.

Well some spinal fluid must have leaked on you then ;)

AintSkeered

If you don't like the political posts, ignore them. If you want others to support this president for starting a war in Iraq, don't criticize his predecessor or his successor!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Smoknbanshee

and if you don't like my post ignore it too.  my point is you no one on this forum, KNOWS THE WHOLE TRUTH.  no problem debating, but don't get on the post and act like you know everything, which that is where the post eventually ends up.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

gtnwood

#12
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on January 08, 2007, 07:49:27 PM
I think all politcal post need to be locked and deleted.  My dad always told me there are two things you never discuss in public, because no one ever will win the debate.  POLITICS & RELIGION.

There are soooo many people in this world that don't know the true facts about what is going on including myself.  If you are not in the Federal Government system that actually makes the decisions then you don't know the whole story.  Everyone is making assumptions and there are way too many RUMORS out there to make educated guesses on what is actually real life. 

Many people might be offended by this post but I am in upper management and hear people complaining about how are company does some things, but most of the people complaining don't know the WHOLE story.  Political debates on this forum usually turn into bashing post.  There is my .02 cents on the whole story.
I agree, and I dont normally reply to them because it always ends up goin in the chitter, just like the one I replied to yesterday, a reply which I have removed by the way. I had read enough and I lost my mind, at least momentarily and I went off on another member, which can happen so easily when discussing politics and/or religion. So no more replys for me to political threads 8)
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Hoosier Daddy

Thanks Smoke! FINALLY someone said it!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

yunt2ride

Quote from: AintSkeered on January 08, 2007, 11:33:43 PM
If you don't like the political posts, ignore them. If you want others to support this president for starting a war in Iraq, don't criticize his predecessor or his successor!

Ignore them. How can you ignore them when you know that noone really knows the whole story and most of it is that someone read a book or watched some stupid movie and thats all they believe and what they are going by. Those people like Michael Moore accomplished axactly what he wanted to accomplish. MAKE PLENTY OF MONEY, by making a movie, knowing some people would watch it believe that crap. Just like anyone who writes a book, knowing that someone will buy it and they will make money off of it also.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

UncleRico

#15
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on January 08, 2007, 07:49:27 PM
If you are not in the Federal Government system that actually makes the decisions then you don't know the whole story. 


Oh yes, the people in Federal Government are so well informed. Take (R) Senator Ted Stevens from Alaska with regard to the interent, (I remind you he is head of the commerce commitee and who sponsored the first bill for government control of the internet)


"They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes."


Yes, a "series of tubes" indeed, Senator.  (Or perhaps I should have quoted Senator Bill Frist, an MD who didn't know if you could get A.I.D.S. from tears, when asked on the George Stephanapolus show)

You get my point though...being in Federal Government makes you no smarter, then the rest of the idiots.

At that tiny Wharton Business School they teach you that in "management", you have to be a good listener, even when the voice speaking isn't well informed. It's one of the "keys" to being a good manager.

Of course, it would be easier if people, didn't communicate their opinions, if they weren't the right opinions, such as in religion or politics.

However, me personally, I respect people's right to be wrong.

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it"
                                                                                                                   - Voltaire

So don't be such a speech Nazi.

BTW, where do you work that you are in "upper level management", if you don't mind me asking? (And if I stop by, can you hook me up with extra FIRE SAUCE, and a free Gordita?)

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Anoriginal

Screw it, lets invade Mexico.

trx#9

Quote from: Anoriginal on January 09, 2007, 08:38:10 AM
Screw it, lets invade Mexico.
Invade California you mean or Miami or in a couple years invade any state. Did you hear mexico is a ghost town now.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: UncleRico on January 09, 2007, 08:37:19 AM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on January 08, 2007, 07:49:27 PM
If you are not in the Federal Government system that actually makes the decisions then you don't know the whole story. 


Oh yes, the people in Federal Government are so well informed. Take (R) Senator Ted Stevens from Alaska with regard to the interent, (I remind you he is head of the commerce commitee and who sponsored the first bill for government control of the internet)


"They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes."


Yes, a "series of tubes" indeed, Senator.  (Or perhaps I should have quoted Senator Bill Frist, an MD who didn't know if you could get A.I.D.S. from tears, when asked on the George Stephanapolus show)

You get my point though...being in Federal Government makes you no smarter, then the rest of the idiots.

At that tiny Wharton Business School they teach you that in "management", you have to be a good listener, even when the voice speaking isn't well informed. It's one of the "keys" to being a good manager.

Of course, it would be easier if people, didn't communicate their opinions, if they weren't the right opinions, such as in religion or politics.

However, me personally, I respect people's right to be wrong.

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it"
                                                                                                                   - Voltaire

So don't be such a speech Nazi.

BTW, where do you work that you are in "upper level management", if you don't mind me asking? (And if I stop by, can you hook me up with extra FIRE SAUCE, and a free Gordita?)


it really doesn't matter, let's just say that I am successful.  i have nothing to prove to anyone on this website.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on January 08, 2007, 07:49:27 PM
I think all politcal post need to be locked and deleted.  My dad always told me there are two things you never discuss in public, because no one ever will win the debate.  POLITICS & RELIGION.

There are soooo many people in this world that don't know the true facts about what is going on including myself.  If you are not in the Federal Government system that actually makes the decisions then you don't know the whole story.  Everyone is making assumptions and there are way too many RUMORS out there to make educated guesses on what is actually real life. 

Many people might be offended by this post but I am in upper management and hear people complaining about how are company does some things, but most of the people complaining don't know the WHOLE story.  Political debates on this forum usually turn into bashing post.  There is my .02 cents on the whole story.

I agree, but don't know what the opinion of the rest of the mods is,,,,lemme read the rest of the thread now.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

UncleRico

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on January 09, 2007, 09:42:04 AM

it really doesn't matter, let's just say that I am successful.  i have nothing to prove to anyone on this website.
[/quote]

Oh, come on, man. Enquiring minds want to know!
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Anoriginal

Man, I seriously love Gorditas.

94Hardbody4x4

I'm sure there is a Goerge Bush Haters forum out there somehwere. Go join it and let us who enjoy atv's talk about them here.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

xr100racer


94Hardbody4x4

Yes, I agree. Busch is very gross. Just like Miller. However, Bud is probably the best. Wieser that is. Natty, you mine as well pay to drink form a waterfountain.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Da_Mtg_Man

Less filling, Great taste. Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.
And on and on and on.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

94Hardbody4x4

Whats the opinion on Hieneken? It's green, I know that much :o
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Joedirt

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on January 09, 2007, 02:43:42 PM
Less filling, Great taste. Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.Less filling, Great taste.
And on and on and on.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

gtnwood

Quote from: xr100racer on January 09, 2007, 12:24:36 PM
I hate busch


too watery
Yep almost as bad as Keystone
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on January 09, 2007, 02:48:26 PM
Whats the opinion on Hieneken? It's green, I know that much :o
Nope, last time I saw it it was Yellow ;D
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

94Hardbody4x4

Awww, gross man! Geeze! hahaha
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com