Z400 Sputtering

Started by z400hick85, January 07, 2007, 04:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z400hick85

I've got an 04 Z400 and it recently sat for a while (2 months or so) and was rarely ran. Well, I drained the gas out of it and put some new gas in it. It runs funny now.. I was in 5th gear topped out and it started stuttering and spitting. Think this is a carb issue and it needs to be cleaned out?

atvtrailer

Quote from: z400hick85 on January 07, 2007, 04:22:41 AM
I've got an 04 Z400 and it recently sat for a while (2 months or so) and was rarely ran. Well, I drained the gas out of it and put some new gas in it. It runs funny now.. I was in 5th gear topped out and it started stuttering and spitting. Think this is a carb issue and it needs to be cleaned out?

Yes, most likely your carb has varnish in it, taking the bowl off and cleaning out the jets, needle and seat and it should solve your problem. (fuel starts to vanish after about 2 weeks without some sort of stabilizer)
btw, stabil usually keeps that from happening
05 450r #13B

06 BaNsHeE

Take out your carbs and clean them.Take em apart and clean everything.

klutchbuster400

Before you get down and dirty, try messing with the petcock, My 03, and three neighbors 04 z400 had the same problem, all we did was move the petcock switch from on to primary and never had a problem again.