What would you do?

Started by Chuck_Norris, December 27, 2006, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_Norris

You all have seen them while driving, the flip down or  head rest DVD screens. they have been great baby sitters while on long trips. Ok so what do you do when your driving home and as you approach the stop light you see one of these DVD screen clearly through the tinted windows of the vehicle in the lane next to you with a pornographic video playing in clear view of your family and more so your Young kids. I'd Like to get your Opinions

bugmanjr

Call Deputy Dog and give the tag number and snap a Pic with the camera Phone.. Thats about all you can do.. No point to saying anything to people like that.. you know they dont give a crap.. 

bUg
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

Southern4x4

Get a tag number,and a good vehical description and report him. Isnt that like in a way public indecentcy?
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

xr100racer

I bet you will never run into this problem again, but if you do - I dont think you can legally do anything, maybe just ask the hoodlums to kindly turn it off and explain that theyre are young children in your vehicle.

Able

Chuck - My mother recently told me that she saw a pornographic movie on a large flip down screen while at a stop light. I doubt anything can be done, but it sure does show the total lack of respect in today's society and the rapid degredation of the world in which we live. It's an absolute shame.

Young Gun

Get out of your car and get in theirs?  lol im jk get out and open their car door and break the TV screen.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

cubnfrank

Im not sure what I would do.  I think in Jacksonville this happened last year and someone called the police and they got charged. There must be a law against something like this.
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

Fox17

get the .45 from the glove box and tell them to turn it off and break up the disc or shoot the player.


Quote from: SuzukiRacer on December 27, 2006, 11:08:55 PM
Get out of your car and get in theirs?  lol im jk get out and open their car door and break the TV screen.

lol.

roperr

Attention is what they are looking for! Don't give it to them. :o

AmericanRobster

I heard that a guy got arrested for that in Georgia.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

backwoods boy

hope the light stays red lol follow him [butt...keep yer eyes on the rode]
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Able

Hey Chuck just for grins and giggles I emailed the Sheriff's department here to see what they say. they usually get back pretty quick as part of their community oriented policing. I'll let you know what they say.

Joedirt

Tell your kids to turn their heads.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

#13_LT-R450

yea pretty much lol

Or you could

A. Tell them to shut that off.
B. Kick there @$$ if they dont
              OR
C. Tell them it was a GREAT VIDEO!
LT-R = SICK!!!!

Why stroke it two times when you can stroke it four?

GrizzlyGator

That is someting that should be kept behind closed doors in the privacy of those that wish to view it! I think that you would have a hard time getting anything done about it as far as getting the police involved unless they were right there and see it with you....I'm sure there are laws pertaining to this issue, just as there are if lets say you have a big screen TV in your living room and a big picture window that anyone in the neighborhood could see in clearly....the police would make you put up blinds!!!

1FasterBlaster

You can try to ignore it, or wait for the money shot.But if you do want to, you can take a picture and contact the police. There is a law that prohibits showing porno in public.

SomBch

Think it depends on a couple of different factors. 1.How old are the children? there is stuff  on broadcast tv that is damn near pornography. Heck, watch MTV for a little while and you tell me. 2. Does this happen with great regularity? I drive from one end of Florida to the other and never caught a glimpse of this. Yet, I have heard a few stories like this. I think we all can agree that we have to prioritize law enforcements job, and unfortunately no matter how repugnant this may be they have more important things to do. So the only logical thing to do is ask them to  turn that off while at the light . If they give you some lip or get
nasty then you need to evaluate your ability to put a beatin on the old boy if things go that way. By the way, the meet force with force law also applies to you in your vehicle.(for our CWP card carrying members).
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.

budman

Quote from: Joedirt on December 28, 2006, 08:32:09 AM
Tell your kids to turn their heads.

1 logical answer............... ;D
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Bleedsblue

Quote from: Fox17 on December 27, 2006, 11:25:25 PM
get the .45 from the glove box and tell them to turn it off and break up the disc or shoot the player.

...and go to jail for pulling a gun on someone...great idea.

It is illegal to have porn playing on a tv screen from your vehicle where it's visible to others. I've read a few people being busted for it.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

Mrs.Nightbreed

#19
If my kids weren't already distracted with their own movie or gameboy, I would try to distract them for the minute or two we were waiting at the light. If possible, I would roll forward or backward a little to block their view. My oldest knows about the facts of life, so if he saw it, I would reiterate how irresponsible and disrespectful that is. However, I would do anything I could to keep it out of view of my youngest and distract him. Unfortunately, even if you can cause the culprit legal problems after the fact, there is not much else you can do in the moment. Even if you roll your window down and say something, it will draw your kids attention to it while you talk to the people.....

budman

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on December 28, 2006, 02:20:32 PM
If my kids weren't already distracted with their own movie or gameboy, I would try to distract them for the minute or two we were waiting at the light. If possible, I would roll forward or backward a little to block their view. My oldest knows about the facts of life, so if he saw it, I would reiterate how irresponsible and disrespectful that is. However, I would do anything I could to keep it out of view of my youngest and distract him. Unfortunately, even if you can cause the culprit legal problems after the fact, there is not much else you can do in the moment. Even if you roll your window down and say something, it will draw your kids attention to it while you talk to the people.....

2
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Able

Quote from: budman on December 28, 2006, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on December 28, 2006, 08:32:09 AM
Tell your kids to turn their heads.

1 logical answer............... ;D

One that shouldn't need to be used. There should be a certain level of decency that would mean you should never have to distract your kids from being exposed to pornography while driving down the road.


Chuck - I already got a response from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office (that was quick) and they said that yes it is indeed a crime - a misdemeanor - and that you should get the tag and report it. It's not like a traffic violation in which an officer needs to see if himself, this is a crime that they can be arrested for even if the officer doesn't see it. if the officer isn't sure they can process a request for prosecution and forward it to the D.A. and let them file the charges. There are very specific statutes and county codes that address displaying pornography especially when it is exposed to children. He said that even if the D.A. doesn't file charges, the whole process of having an officer show up to question them about it should hopefully disuade them from such an irresponsible, foolish act in the future which would help protect innocent kids from exposure in the future.

UncleRico

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on December 27, 2006, 09:46:11 PM
You all have seen them while driving, the flip down or  head rest DVD screens. they have been great baby sitters while on long trips. Ok so what do you do when your driving home and as you approach the stop light you see one of these DVD screen clearly through the tinted windows of the vehicle in the lane next to you with a pornographic video playing in clear view of your family and more so your Young kids. I'd Like to get your Opinions

I wonder if there is anything you can do. I mean, you would think out of respect for others around you, you would keep your porn in your own house and out of view of minors.   

Tough call! 

I think it's OK if it's girl on girl porn though.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

budman

Quote from: Able on December 28, 2006, 04:50:01 PM
Quote from: budman on December 28, 2006, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on December 28, 2006, 08:32:09 AM
Tell your kids to turn their heads.

1 logical answer............... ;D

One that shouldn't need to be used. There should be a certain level of decency that would mean you should never have to distract your kids from being exposed to pornography while driving down the road.


...but there it is. Question was what would I do? Distract my kids rather than cause a scene where the unpredictable can and would happen. I would rather my kids be distracted, than witness the butt whoopin either given or recieved. Far beyond my scope of responsibility to tell them what to do without repercussions. Easier for me to move on. That my friends is what I would do.  ;D  ...I must be getting old.... :(
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Able on December 28, 2006, 04:50:01 PM
Quote from: budman on December 28, 2006, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on December 28, 2006, 08:32:09 AM
Tell your kids to turn their heads.

1 logical answer............... ;D

One that shouldn't need to be used. There should be a certain level of decency that would mean you should never have to distract your kids from being exposed to pornography while driving down the road.


Chuck - I already got a response from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office (that was quick) and they said that yes it is indeed a crime - a misdemeanor - and that you should get the tag and report it. It's not like a traffic violation in which an officer needs to see if himself, this is a crime that they can be arrested for even if the officer doesn't see it. if the officer isn't sure they can process a request for prosecution and forward it to the D.A. and let them file the charges. There are very specific statutes and county codes that address displaying pornography especially when it is exposed to children. He said that even if the D.A. doesn't file charges, the whole process of having an officer show up to question them about it should hopefully disuade them from such an irresponsible, foolish act in the future which would help protect innocent kids from exposure in the future.

#1 WELCOME BACK BUDMAN
Thanks Able I will keep that in mind, come decentcy vs. self interest there is a concept then again there is just some folks that don't care no matter what. They are going to do what they please no matter who it affects

dnigels

I'd snatch that DVD right out of their player and haul a$$ outta there.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

Able

Quote from: budman on December 28, 2006, 06:39:46 PM
Quote from: Able on December 28, 2006, 04:50:01 PM
Quote from: budman on December 28, 2006, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on December 28, 2006, 08:32:09 AM
Tell your kids to turn their heads.

1 logical answer............... ;D

One that shouldn't need to be used. There should be a certain level of decency that would mean you should never have to distract your kids from being exposed to pornography while driving down the road.


...but there it is. Question was what would I do? Distract my kids rather than cause a scene where the unpredictable can and would happen. I would rather my kids be distracted, than witness the butt whoopin either given or recieved. Far beyond my scope of responsibility to tell them what to do without repercussions. Easier for me to move on. That my friends is what I would do.  ;D  ...I must be getting old.... :(

Old or not if everyone just turns their head then who will stand up for what's right? I know some would rather let others deal with it, but I personally believe in standing up for what's right. Yes I'd distract my kids, but I wouldn't let it just slide. If no one takes steps to correct these wrongs then they seem to be adopted as "ok" and that's not what I believe in, or what I want for my kids, or the future of our collective society.

JayDawg

Hey Chuck, these people who had the porno going on in their vehicle weren't doing anything else were they? I thought a person usually watched porno for one reason only...
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

Fox17

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on December 28, 2006, 02:20:32 PM
If my kids weren't already distracted with their own movie or gameboy, I would try to distract them for the minute or two we were waiting at the light. If possible, I would roll forward or backward a little to block their view. My oldest knows about the facts of life, so if he saw it, I would reiterate how irresponsible and disrespectful that is. However, I would do anything I could to keep it out of view of my youngest and distract him. Unfortunately, even if you can cause the culprit legal problems after the fact, there is not much else you can do in the moment. Even if you roll your window down and say something, it will draw your kids attention to it while you talk to the people.....

yea, the "hey look kids, theres a deer" worked for mr. grizwold.

Ida_Mann

call and report it,,,,,that kinda stuff should be saved for the privacy of my neighbor's living room while they are at work because I don't have a DVD player.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dnigels

I like the way that man thinks!  PLANNING is an artform.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

rollincoals

i have seen it quite a few times when i lived in west palm beach, doesent bother me , but i dont have kids if i did that would be a different story,
2000 honda fourtrax, good year mud runner tires, douglas alum rims, diamond plate skid plates, snorkle, jet kit , high flow air filter,extra lights, extended rear racks, single, steel nerf bars, front bumper,  and other stuff

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com